• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New 9th gen Accord - disappointing

WTF Honda? Have you learned nothing from the Civic redesign debacle? Looks just like the current design. :confused:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/08/08/2013-honda-accord-first-official-images-released/

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/08/08/honda-releases-first-2013-accord-coupe-pictures/

01-2013-honda-accord-sedan.jpg

2013-honda-accord-coupe-628.jpg

it gets bigger and uglier every model

Comparing the 2013 model to the 2012 models I would have to say styling is improved. IMO the new sedan looks more refined, it doesn't look cheap like the 2012 sedan. The coupe looks better as well but not really feeling the rear bumper.

It looks like a car. If you saw one driving on the interstate, you wouldn't give it a second glance. It probably gets reasonable gas mileage and is sufficiently safe and reliable. One would have no problem driving to the market, or taking the kids to the mall in it. It does nothing for the heart or soul. I'm sure it works just fine, but it's about as generic of an automobile that I've seen.

Since when have Accords actually looked good? It doesn't surprise me.

The TSX is not a bad looking Accord though :wink: I could see myself buying a used one in the future for the right price.

Looks nice to me! I have a 2012 Accord Coupe which is my DD and maybe the body itself looks the same as the 2013 but everything else is different. Just wait and see you won't be disappointed when you see it.

People always say oh it ugly or whatever when they see a new picture online of a new car that's coming out but when they see it person all that saying changes :wink:

Looks wonderful compared to what they've done to the Civic over the last 6 years. I adamantly believe they couldn't possibly make the car look any more weird or awkward back in '06.....but of course, I was wrong.

Am I going to be the old fart driving around in his 199X or 200X year-model car in the year 2051?

Not too bad, I think it is an improvement over the last gen by far.

The hoodline is almost BMW 3 series like. Seems like it's a popular things to do now a days.

I think it look a lot better than the Camery and Altima.

And Honda Civic is making a killing right now.

Last edited:
they must have hired a new designer he still lives next to that power plant. no disrespect intended.

I was a die hard Accord fan till I changed to acura models a huge step up from the fake leather they call EX-V6 etc.

you feel the leather in a TL compared to a accord its night and day.

but I bet that accord will last longer than any other car on the road.
I still bet on the cars lifetime with honda

Can you post a photo comparing a 4-door to another 4-door, and not a sedan vs. coupe?

This is laughably bad. How is this suppose to compete in the looks department to the Sonata and the Optima coupe? I always thought the Accord looked better than the Camry in every single generation, but for once the Camry actually looks better. This is very very sad indeed.

Also to Nspec, The 94-97 accords looks extremely good esp compared to its competitors and the 98-02 Accord coupes were very sharp looking cars too.

It looks like a car. If you saw one driving on the interstate, you wouldn't give it a second glance. It probably gets reasonable gas mileage and is sufficiently safe and reliable. One would have no problem driving to the market, or taking the kids to the mall in it. It does nothing for the heart or soul. I'm sure it works just fine, but it's about as generic of an automobile that I've seen.

I agree. My daily driver is a 2010 Accord not unlike the 2011 and 12. Guess what though... My $65-$70 tank of gas on regular gave me 791km until the gas light came on :D (that's 491. 3 miles). It serves it's purpose... off the radar transportation that leaves me with more money in my pocket (and for the X) and let's my baby rest up in the garage staying pretty for the next time I drive her. She likes nice sunny days to show off her curves ;)

Last edited:
I agree. My daily driver is a 2010 Accord not unlike the 2011 and 12. Guess what though... My $65-$70 tank of gas on regular gave me 791km until the gas light came on :D (that's 491. 3 miles). It serves it's purpose... off the radar transportation that leaves me with more money in my pocket (and for the X) and let's my baby rest up in the garage staying pretty for the next time I drive her. She likes nice sunny days to show off her curves ;)

My 2012 Accord Coupe gets about 450-475 miles in the cities and easily gets 500+ miles highway :wink:

Really don't think it looks that bad. Maybe a little tame, but I think it looks elegant and classy. Yes, people care about looks, but in the family sedan realm they're not going to sway a lot of sales, and at least this one isn't bloated and IS an improvement over the current.

Was looking forward to seeing a lot more photos than this though, especially of the new Sport model with 18"s. Interior shots would be nice too beyond the spy photos...

I definitely like the sedan better than the coupe, that coupe rear bumper is just weird and IMO that blue color isn't flattering at all.
it gets bigger and uglier every model
Actually, rumor has it that it's 3" shorter than the last one, so right about the same size as the '03-07. With a bigger interior and trunk.

I have to agree with you, Hyundai still have an identity problem, regardless if you like the styling queues of Honda, at least they have one.

Back