• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEW HSC Article 3.5 400 HP TURBO?!

That's probably just another wild guess from an idiot reporter.

I'm so tired of reading magazines that have errors and typo's. It's a shame to the whole car world. There are actually very few magazines I actually trust. It's all about selling "news"and cool pictures it seemes. Technical content and verified facts does not seem to apply to the magazines either. Pisses me off really.

(Ok, I have had a shitty day today too.... needed to blow off some stream...)

I think a Turbo is an excellent idea. But only 400 is not enough.

How about this.

HSC - 3 Models.

1) HSC NA 3.5L 350HP.

2) HSC Hybrid 3.5L 350 NA + 100 electric AWD

3) HSC Turbo 3.5L 550HP.

That sounds like it would please everyone on this site. :)

BITeR said:
I'm so tired of reading magazines that have errors and typo's. It's a shame to the whole car world. There are actually very few magazines I actually trust.

Even in the Car and Driver TV review of the NSX (available on this site) they say the new car will be a 450 HP V8. Where do they get this stuff??

ditto to that....if a turbo cranks out only 400hp, i don't even wanna know the numbers for the N/A version.....not to mention it comes from a 3.5l engine :(

Some random thoughts. 400 NA is pretty low for a 3.5 Honda, however, if the new engine is based on a current "J-series" engines that are in the MDX/Pilot/Odyssey, then 400 could be considered high.

Wouldn't it be cool if they combined everything in one car, IMA to assist the car on launches and mask the dreaded turbo lag, and a turbo to kick in once you've got some decent exhaust flow going. :cool:

400HP may be the new "gentlemans agreement" ... when really it does 420HP. And remember the 10% margin of error - so it could be over <B>460HP!</B> :D

My... this is how rumours start. :rolleyes:

<B>Netviper</B> : I'd take your model option 2 thanx. Very nice! :)

all honda needs to do is provide us a NA car....let the aftermarket people worry about the type of turbo....we as consumers therefore have some choices....

For everyone that says "NA NA.. keep it NA" there sure are a lot of people going with FI these days. Wonder why that is?

NetViper said:
For everyone that says "NA NA.. keep it NA" there sure are a lot of people going with FI these days. Wonder why that is?

There are significant advantages on both sides, as most of us know. Whilst Porsche has Turbo models, their new flagship, the Carrera GT, is still NA. I think Porsche realise the advantages of NA, mainly better throttle response and drivability.

Cam

I am all for NA if they do a 4.0 L V6 or V8 with 450HP, but it sure doesn't sound like that is going to happen. So if they need FI to compete with the rest of the supercar crowd, I say go for it.

FI

NetViper said:

Dave,
I think you know the answer to your own question. FI is the only route our cars can take, to be competitive with the Z06 and other cars. Our cars from Honda is already maximumly tuned to get the most hp/L. I also agree with Nimbus that NA is the way to go. I would take the GT3 porsche over the 996TT. It has less hp but with NA, you don't have to worry about boost, just stomp on the throtle, also you don't have to worry about excessive turbo heat, especially at the track.
So far from what I have heard from all the speculation of the new NSX, it doesn't echo the words of Takeo Fukui, in that "no rival exists for this vehicle". Believe me it's going to be a hybrid.

Paul

Interestingly, all this talk about NA or Turbo reminded me of a conversasion some of us Hawaii owners had with Chris of Scince of Speed over lunch on this topic. I don't really want to put works into his mouth, but I get the impression he too rather have it NA. Why you ask? Because he mentioned something about trying all different types of parts on his car both FI and NA and like the NA better. :) Now keep in mind, his NA car is not exactly bolt ons with his built engine and velocity stacks, but coming from a vendor who has access to all types of parts and tried many of them it says alot. I too would rather it be NA, but many of us who want more power have no choice but to go FI because the NA route like the engine build and velocity stacks cost some serious cash.

I, for once, think that if a FI-induced NSX is as reliable like a Supra or MR2, I will go for it in a heart-beat. (I would have include the Skyline in the reliable FI category, too, but i donot have much info. on it to do so.)

Re: FI

HPV100 said:
Dave,
I think you know the answer to your own question. FI is the only route our cars can take, to be competitive with the Z06 and other cars.
Paul

It was rhetorical. If Honda will not step up to the plate with the HSC, people are going to have to go FI again to stay competitive again.

All I can say is that if the HSC does not stomp a 2004 ZO6, it will be a HUGE dissapointment to me.

I hope they do. We'll see.

Re: Re: Re: FI

AndyH said:
The new C6 around the corner already has 400 HP.

Exactly. If it does not out peform a stock C6 by a good bit, it will be in the exact same position it is in now.

Honda needs a supercar with no excuses.

So are we all in agreement that the next NSX should be a direct competitor to the new C6? What do you think Honda's target should be?

I'd rather have F360 and Gallardi as goals, but I will probably be dejavu from 1990, because they'll say "it's only a Honda" no matter how good it is. I just hope they build it and are prepared for low sales, then it's a win win for the consumers anyways. It shouldl be a choice for the tech nerds, not the snobs. They already have enough to choose from.

Back