• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEW HSC Article 3.5 400 HP TURBO?!

500 hp for anything less than $120 k will never happen. That's why I hope the new car is in the 350-400 hp range. Maybe that way I can actually buy one! How do all you guys demanding 500+ horsepower plan on bankrolling this thing?

JimK said:
500 hp for anything less than $120 k will never happen. That's why I hope the new car is in the 350-400 hp range. Maybe that way I can actually buy one! How do all you guys demanding 500+ horsepower plan on bankrolling this thing?

I would imagine the majority of us will buy a used one. Unless they have a really great lease offer.

If Honda is going after ferrari then they are going after people with ferrari-sized wallets. There are very few owners on this site with 2002 and up and a lot of them leased it.

True, however it still takes quite a few years to get a $120,000
car down to reasonable level.

NetViper said:
I would imagine the majority of us will buy a used one. Unless they have a really great lease offer. <snip> If Honda is going after ferrari then they are going after people with ferrari-sized wallets.
Ah I see... so although 450-500+ hp will certainly drive the price into the $120K+ range, that's okay with you because, hey, you're not in the market to buy it new. The underlying assumption must be that a large number of buyers with Ferrari-sized wallets, who don't care about brand image, will emerge and buy cars in numbers big enough to make this whole effort worthwhile for Honda. That's questionable. Sure, some will buy it, maybe more than 200 / year, but would it draw > 1000 / year? > 3000? Enough to make it profitable? Every sale at $120K+ is someone that walked past all the other "name-brand" exotics. At that price range, brand name / snob appeal is a big factor.

BITeR said:
As far as this Bugatti is conserned, I think will be a big flop. They're already struggeling to develop it, it's incredible expensive, and it's the biggest "show off bragging car" ever to be made. 16 cylinders and 1000 hp. That was a goal from the get go.
To me it sounds like some jerks discussing cars over dinner and came up with the idea: "hey, let's make a car with 1000 hp." That will blow some wind into the old Bugatti name.

IMO, there is only one ultimate supercar, and it's the McLaren F1. I'd still prefer that one over the Bugatti, even today.
Bugatti - Snob factor ultimate deluxe.
McLaren F1 - Formula 1 on the street.
I may be proven wrong on this one, and sorry for taking this way off topic.

don't forget the viper clan....henessey and SVS...they've created a few vipers with over 1000hp....tons of boost but not much useful when you do doughnuts all day long......

CokerRat said:
Ah I see... so although 450-500+ hp will certainly drive the price into the $120K+ range, that's okay with you because, hey, you're not in the market to buy it new. The underlying assumption must be that a large number of buyers with Ferrari-sized wallets, who don't care about brand image, will emerge and buy cars in numbers big enough to make this whole effort worthwhile for Honda. That's questionable. Sure, some will buy it, maybe more than 200 / year, but would it draw > 1000 / year? > 3000? Enough to make it profitable? Every sale at $120K+ is someone that walked past all the other "name-brand" exotics. At that price range, brand name / snob appeal is a big factor.

very true....many NSX owners already buy them used so price is a factor here. so with a $120k sticker, it'll be a while....5 years or more before people will dive into the market to get one. for someone that's planning to buy one new, there will just be too many other alternatives.....an F360 with a few years warranty i suppose or a <'96 diablo...V12 baby.......

Back