• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX a go..?

Sorry to dissapoint Doc but i wasnt under the influence that night at least! Heres the article:
http://www.insideline.com/acura/tl/2010-acura-tl-sh-awd-6mt-first-drive.html

In your defense it was the old body S4 because the new one wasnt out as yet. I dont think the S4 is worth 20k more than the 6MT TL but if i was spending that kind of money i'd get an M3.

Doh I forgot about that article.

+1 on the M3 for that kind of loot I'd rather be able to beat up on 911/911S and Audi R8.

This thread started about the HSV potentially being released and we have ended up talking about the Fit Sport and TL. :frown: *sigh* This is the state of things at Honda.

LOL Hey it's all Hondas got. Can't mention the CRz as it's even slower ..lol

I honestly believe the next Civic won't get an SI version. Apparently Ito has other things in mind.
http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...-laments-hondas-lack-of-progress.html?sid=101

I think he says "hybrid" in his sleep ..LOL Awhile back he said when Honda had the money and technology he would love to do a sportscar. He's lying! Is it too far a stretch to see that offering a hybrid option instead of a hybrid only vehicle would meet both sides of the aisle.

They can keep their overpriced, lease only supercar. The only people willing and able to fork over the funds for that thing are the uber rich that probably wont even be able to drive it to its potential. Give toyota credit though.....they stuck with it even through the global recession whilst Hondacowered and scrapped their plans even tho the HSV was almost ready for production.:rolleyes:

possible next generation NSX??? if it looks like this, i'll start saving up for one now...:smile:
notice the return of the black top.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
AT this point i just want them to come out with something sporty and Fast (this excludes the CRz for obvious reasons) so i can go to the ride and drive and let you guys know what its like!

I agree. ebotdm, where is that pic from. If Honda actually produces something that even resembles that I'll be signed up on the waiting list ASAP. That looks like a viable contender for a NSX successor.

No new NSX or HSV or S2K. No sportscars period from Honda. Sorry guys just the truth. The last performance Honda you can buy is the TL 6spd. Or one of the leftover S2K's.

Honda is going sporty now so you/we have about 10-15years before they make something if they make something. Sorry just being honest.

No new NSX or HSV or S2K. No sportscars period from Honda. Sorry guys just the truth. The last performance Honda you can buy is the TL 6spd. Or one of the leftover S2K's.

Honda is going sporty now so you/we have about 10-15years before they make something if they make something. Sorry just being honest.

I think you're wrong. I truly believe the current Super GT car will somehow make it into production.

That being said, I was pretty disappointed with the TL 6spd, so who knows.

I'd still like to grab an s2000 and stow it away for some sunny day in the future!

I think you're wrong. I truly believe the current Super GT car will somehow make it into production.

That being said, I was pretty disappointed with the TL 6spd, so who knows.

I'd still like to grab an s2000 and stow it away for some sunny day in the future!

I'd love to be wrong Doc you've no idea how much so. Facts are facts though the car was scrapped not mothballed and the team disbanded. There is no engine for the car. The V8 used for racing is not being tested for street use. Ito has said flat out that Honda didn't have the technology or money ( this was in 09 ) for the type of sportscar he wants Honda to make.

They may have the money now but performance is not on Ito's mind only hybrids.
http://automotivenewseurope.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091022/OEM/310229912/1171

Grab a CR Doc ... best S2K ever made bar none.

Last edited:
I agree. ebotdm, where is that pic from. If Honda actually produces something that even resembles that I'll be signed up on the waiting list ASAP. That looks like a viable contender for a NSX successor.

Yeah, that's a REALLY old pic. You newbies have no idea how many photochops/iterations of the next "NSX" we have seen on this forum.

Yeah, that's a REALLY old pic. You newbies have no idea how many photochops/iterations of the next "NSX" we have seen on this forum.

Since the late 90's we've been seeing these things. It's done people end of the day turn out the lights. I hate it as much as everyone else but the party is over and no one makes a good replacement so either keep what you got or sell and get something else you like that's not from Honda and not an NSX:frown:

Since the late 90's we've been seeing these things. It's done people end of the day turn out the lights. I hate it as much as everyone else but the party is over and no one makes a good replacement so either keep what you got or sell and get something else you like that's not from Honda and not an NSX:frown:

Yeah, I'm actually looking at 997 Turbo's and R8's now. lol. Oh well.
I may try and keep the NSX as my "classic car" but I don't know if I'll bother in the long run. Life is too short, lots more out there to try and only so many weekends to do it in!

I may try and keep the NSX as my "classic car" but I don't know if I'll bother in the long run. Life is too short, lots more out there to try and only so many weekends to do it in!

I hear ya. I fell in love with the MB SLS AMG ,but $200k on an MB is silly as they lose so much in the first two years. That said I'm looking at this baby
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/10/2012-mercedes-benz-slk-caught-training-for-z4-fight/

I so want him to be wrong, but Perry is right. NSX is dead. Honda's board has no desire to make a new one. The HSV is a race car with a Formula Nippon V8. If Honda is going so far as to kill the Civic Type-R, then the NSX is really, really dead. :frown: Really.

I therefore am keeping my NSX and am going to spend the next few years making it into a fully-refreshed U.S. Type S. I will then drive and enjoy it every sunny day and on as many NSXCA drives and HPDE track days as I can manage.

Yes there are faster and more advanced sports cars out there (C6, R8, GT-R, 997, M3, etc.) but there is nothing like the NSX. :cool:

The 997 turbo is the first Porsche to really grab my attention. There's a blue one that keeps showing up to E@RTC and I have to wipe the drool off the corners of my mouth.

The R8 does nothing for me. If you're going to do that you might as well do it right and get a Gallardo. :biggrin:

Gentlemen. Nothing will come of this ito said so himself. Besides the car was taken apart as was the team that built it. The engine was scrapped as well. Do they really think Honda is gonna whip up a production engine in a year??
well the prototype HSV did have a engine not sure if it was a V10 or V8

The only thread I"m going to fall for when it comes to the whole "Next NSX" genre, will be titled:

"I went to my Acura Dealership and bought and took delivery of the replacement for the NSX, and it shouldn't be called an NSX because it's front engine SHAWD, and I don't care what engine it came with, and here's pictures of it, not some photoshopped, digitized or sketched picture from a Japanese magazine - with today's newspaper in the shot showing the date."

Or something like that anyway.

These threads are like automotive blue balls.

I'm still enjoying my NSX and it is still an eye candy to most.

Back