• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Spy Photos

Re: Spy Shots: First images of 2011 Acura NSX

Solely based on it's looks? :confused:

+1 :D

Seriously- the GTR is a pig of a vehicle (see the NSX/GTR side by side photo below), yet it laps the ring faster than anything else.

P1010033.jpg

Compact size, and low weight doesn't always equal speed folks, even if Colin Chapman disagrees. Brute force + high tech can be fast too.

I hope to see some serious performance, but i am still not as enchanted with this car as I was/am with the NSX.

P

it really is a shame that its going to be a RWD. it may not be a bad looking car, but please don't call it a NSX. This car is nothing like the original, and no we don't want a rehashed 05 NSX but we sure want something that is more like a NSX than this car.

Also I also feel that a MR is the best drive train layout if you have to stay with 2 wheel drive.

When one puts camouflage over the turd, it looks like camouflaged turd.

I mean, what do you guys want? Do you want Honda to just take a 2005 and throw it in the microwave for 30 seconds and call it the next NSX? Do you want a refreshed 2005? Or do you want a car that will break new barriers and records that the old car was not capable of doing?

no, i wanted them to do what they did last time..... completely blow everybody away in every aspect..... "copy" ferrari, while kicking the crap out of them. this should not only outperform ferrari (not too hard to do nowadays), but also look better doing it.

not saying it's not a nice looking car, but putting a V10 behind you instead of in front of you could be the difference between a "high-end sports car" and an "exotic car" (cause looks usually follow :tongue: ).... a sweeping back end is much more attractive and eye-catching than a bigass hood.

at least i won't drive by one in complete envy when i see it on the road :)

Are we sure that this is not a "new generation Prelude"? I guess the masking is to keep us guessing. I am hoping it is like one of those extreme cosmetic makeovers and they are trying to make it really ugly to make the finished product look that much better.:biggrin:

I don't even like the terms NSX replacement. Why didn't Honda do like Porsche did with the 911, just tweak it over the years. the next gen NSX could have had atleast 35 - 400 HP and still resemble the car we fell in love with. Thats what Honda should have done. just my 2 cents

Are we sure that this is not a "new generation Prelude"? I guess the masking is to keep us guessing. I am hoping it is like one of those extreme cosmetic makeovers and they are trying to make it really ugly to make the finished product look that much better.:biggrin:

I agree. From the shape and size of of this car it looks NOTHING like an NSX but more of a midway point between an Acura TL and a new GT-R. In other words it is what the TL Type-S should have been. Lexus got it right with the IS-F. They didnt try to do anything besides really beef up a decent looking sedan. This looks like Acura is trying to do the same with the TL but in coupe form. Which is fine, but dont call it the next NSX when it is anything but. The new GT-R is a sports car, the Lexus IS-F is not. This looks more like the later to me. Not that i think thats a bad thing because Honda has to come out with SOMETHING bigger than the na 3.5L they have been using but to relate a car that looks like that to an NSX is a joke.

Fukui's target means that NSX replacement will be delayed once again
Yep... and since you've benchmarked it to a 2008 car, by the time you get there, the competition will have 50+ more hp, with Nordschleife lap times in the low 7:20s.

The current GT-R laps the ring ~ 0:27 quicker than the NA2 NSX-R (7:29 vs 7:56). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_fastest_lap_times - and 0:34 over the NA1 NSX-R. and Motoharu Kurosawa (Gan-san) isn't getting any younger. :eek:

Looking at the side shots it appears as if the passenger is well back in the car and quite high off the ground - giving the appearance of a GT instead of a pure sports car. Again, hard to tell from a well disguised car, but the seat placement is hard to fake. Think more Ferrari 599 versus F430 as a comparison.

If that's true, the car may compete with the top line GT cars - Ferrari 599, Aston Martin, etc. That would make the NSX a far different car in my mind and frankly be quite a directional shift for the target market. From their point of view it may be a smart play. Premium GT cars will likely cost double the price of the NSX, and if the car isn't perfect as a pure sports car there would be a lot of competition. Aiming higher may be what they want - a very exclusive "executive" owner, more focused on image than performance. With the US speed limits as they are, rising gas prices, world wide increasing use of photo issued speeding tickets, it's an interesting strategy.

From there they can slot a lower priced category killer car - something to compete with everything from Porsche to Ferrari at a lower entry price - and more focused on performance using the same engine. Gives them two swings at the ball, spreads development costs and provides a lot of flexibility.

Just my two cents worth.

I'm amazed that anyone here can come to such a firm conclusion on the car's looks, given the extensive amount of camouflage on the car (not just the paint, but also the covers on various body panels).

+1

although I am dissapointed that the engine is in the front, I am sure it will look great once unveiled.

Looks, like a mix between the Corvette Z06 and Lexus LF-A.

I was thinking more like a cross between a Corvette and a Toyota Matrix.

That thing doesnt look ANYTHING like an NSX to me. That may be Acuras next sports car but it sure as hell isnt an NSX. Looks more like a G37/GTR than it does an NSX.

Agreed

My first thought was "350Z"...not nearly as attractive as the original IMO.

Me too...

Hopefully it looks better "Under the covers"...

Looking at the side shots it appears as if the passenger is well back in the car and quite high off the ground - giving the appearance of a GT instead of a pure sports car. Again, hard to tell from a well disguised car, but the seat placement is hard to fake. Think more Ferrari 599 versus F430 as a comparison.

If that's true, the car may compete with the top line GT cars - Ferrari 599, Aston Martin, etc. That would make the NSX a far different car in my mind and frankly be quite a directional shift for the target market. From their point of view it may be a smart play. Premium GT cars will likely cost double the price of the NSX, and if the car isn't perfect as a pure sports car there would be a lot of competition. Aiming higher may be what they want - a very exclusive "executive" owner, more focused on image than performance. With the US speed limits as they are, rising gas prices, world wide increasing use of photo issued speeding tickets, it's an interesting strategy.

From there they can slot a lower priced category killer car - something to compete with everything from Porsche to Ferrari at a lower entry price - and more focused on performance using the same engine. Gives them two swings at the ball, spreads development costs and provides a lot of flexibility.

Just my two cents worth.

exactly almost word for word what I was thinking, as much as I haven't been happy with the short commings of late, Honda isn't stupid. I think giving themselves less development might be exactly what they are going for... kill the gt's and make it more possible to chase down the exotics :)

ferrari is putting the 430 motor in the new gt "california" which is growing on me quite fast. so it seems there are using a similair train of thought.

Well, i gave some more thought .. and IMHO i realized that this will be a very very simple luxurious GT something like the GT-R minus the "transformer factor" ... it is a wide tall car .... once again like the GT-R ... funny thing is that i tried to add some of the HSC elements but NOTHING was usable ... so all i did was getting some of the "Advanced Sports Car Concept" ... and what not ... this is indeed a nice monster car from Acura/Honda .. and by no means the new NSX ... hell .. maybe there's is hope and the HSC will POP as surprise with the same engine of the new V8 that will come on the RL's but with low weight Mid engine exotic chassis again! .. oh dreams ...
anyways here are my 3 cents ....

new_x_revised2.jpg

Oscar

No thanks on this one... I'm a MR devotee since buying my NSX...

Liking the Exige S-240 (having driven one 3 months ago OMG! :eek:), waiting for the Eagle (2009) and the return of the Esprit (2011) from Lotus for the next purchase.

Hello guys

I don't want to conclude to early. But i beleave this could be a car for the next generation that will be for a bigger public. There is still going on a discussion that the Mugen Ima engine will also be deliverable for the NSX !
I hope it will be agressive, and iff you look at the pictures below you see that the car has some very nice "corners" and rear end.

Iff you look very good at this car is "hits" the shape of the AUDI R8!

Not that audi is a good car but it looks nice.

I alway say:

Who is afraid of quality needs to buy a german car!.

Greatings ronny

No thanks on this one... I'm a MR devotee since buying my NSX...

Liking the Exige S-240 (having driven one 3 months ago OMG! :eek:), waiting for the Eagle (2009) and the return of the Esprit (2011) from Lotus for the next purchase.

Im with you here, Nothing beats Chapmans philosphy, Lightweight!!!!
the Exige 240r is a beast just weighing in 1900lbs with 240hp SuperCHARGED MR. Im waiting to see if the Esprit will look good if not ITS either a 1984 Turbo Esprit or NSX!

Im not gonna lie too, the new NSX better look better then a Datsun 240z because thats the most Sexiest Japanese Sports Car ever produced!

I won't jump to conclusions here but it wouldn't surprise me if Honda were targeting the Ferrari 599/612 - Maserati market because they sell. Also those cars have serious performance.

If the car above is the new NSX imagine it with a Targa top and you'd have a serious, stylish, winner. If Honda puts the same emphasis of handling used in the front engined S2000 and transfers it to this car, namely the new NSX, then holy crap it would be the car to have. Especially if it targets the GT-R.

Also this car above might fit the mold of what Acura is trying to do and hit the upscale luxury market and continue to distance itself from Honda.

Interesting times ahead.

Good for Honda for building a car that has a chance of being a sales success. This is not an NSX...anymore than the S2000 was the next NSX. It's not what NSX fans are looking for, but lets face it, I don't think Honda is worried about tapping the current NSX owner market. They're looking for more numbers... If the car is fast and cool looking it might be worth adding to the stable.

Lotus is building a "bigger Elise" in a MR platform...then we have the Audi R8. Both are a lot closer to the next NSX than anything coming from Honda right now.

The next true NSX is probably going to be another 20 years away, when the retro movement of 2030 brings back cool cars of the '90s.

Just wait. :)

you know, you really cannot comment on this car until it is truly released. but, I hate it too lol....:biggrin:

as many others said. Please dont call it an NSX. it's nothing like the current car, so why carry on the name?

I personally would have been happy if the NSX replacement equaled the Ferrari F430. Thats all I wanted. It didn't have to do more or if it wanted the gt thing match the 599. :frown: Well if this thing keeps its weight down matching the original NSX and still makes 550hp then it could do some damage at the "RING". I agree with most that you really can't make a judgment on the looks right now cause they are using some panels to cover up the real shape. Give it another 6 months and we'll see whats up. :cool:

Back