• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Spy Photos

Agreed.

BTW, why was this created in "NSX Owner Discussion" - it should be in "Second Generation NSX / HSC Discussion" (and where is the forum nazi, so I don't have to be)?

nastinupe1, if you're going to create topics, please be familiar with the categories/forums of this board...and please only create one topic for each subject (this is the same topic, also in wrong place).

Wow, you're right. I absolutely missed that. Speaking of which I haven't seen the Forums Nazi much lately...this thread needs him badly. :smile:

Re: Spy Shots: First images of 2011 Acura NSX

Gollum: Smeagol... Why does he cry, Smeagol?

Smeagol: Cruel men hurts us. Honda tricksed us.

Gollum: Of course they did. I told you they was tricksy. I told you they was false.

Smeagol: Honda is our friend... our friend.

Gollum: Honda betrayed us.

Smeagol: No, not it's business. Leave us alone.

Gollum: Filthy little marketers. They stole it from us.

$150K? Plus dealer markup? Forget it. 'Druther buy something else for that money. Something that doesn't look like Every Other Damned Sportscar The Investment Bankers Around Here Drive.

Nice power:weight ratio, but I can't use all those horses around here anyway.

<object width="400" height="302"> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1203603&server=www.vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /> <embed src="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1203603&server=www.vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="302"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.vimeo.com/1203603?pg=embed&sec=1203603">2010 Honda NSX replacement at the Nürburgring Nordschleife</a> from <a href="http://www.vimeo.com/user359121?pg=embed&sec=1203603">MrBTG</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com?pg=embed&sec=1203603">Vimeo</a>.

Great find Mike! That baby sounds sweet. Have to wait and see what the pricing is the $150K doesn't seem feasible for Honda to get but I'll wait and see as first two years there'll be no discount but Honda is pretty good about moving cars and I've yet to have to pay sticker for one.

I've no doubt that waiting a bit I'll be able to get one at invoice or lower:biggrin:

I wasn't so sure what I thought about how the car looked but I sure love the way it sounds!!! Anyone else think it sounds more like a V8? Maybe an old V10 F1 engine... which wouldn't be bad. :)

All I know is it sounds great will hopefully exceed GTR performance but with Honda reliability and better fuel economy the my NSX. It will be very welcome in my driveway:biggrin:

I wasn't so sure what I thought about how the car looked but I sure love the way it sounds!!! Anyone else think it sounds more like a V8? Maybe an old V10 F1 engine... which wouldn't be bad. :)

V8 screams higher & revs usually more than V10. I believe this is V10.

3 things.

One. This new car will outperform the NSX in every measurable way. We may prefer mid-engine feel, but this thing is going to be a monster.

Two. Honda is NOT building a new NSX, a second generation NSX or anything called NSX. They have been quite clear on that. This whole section of Prime should be called "New Honda Halo Car" or "Honda Supercar" definitely not "Second Generation NSX / HSC Discussion" because they aren't building either.

Three. I kinda like it. That exhaust note is awesome.

PS. There is wide reporting that the fabled GT-R time around the ring was done on R compounds with higher than production setting boost.

Gollum: Smeagol... Why does he cry, Smeagol?

Smeagol: Cruel men hurts us. Honda tricksed us.

Gollum: Of course they did. I told you they was tricksy. I told you they was false.

Smeagol: Honda is our friend... our friend.

Gollum: Honda betrayed us.

Smeagol: No, not it's business. Leave us alone.

Gollum: Filthy little marketers. They stole it from us.

LMFAO!!!

I dont know how u guys can even think thats an S2000. I dont see honda putting 6 pot and 4 pot fornt and rear brakes on an S2000 replacement. Face it guys.....this is the NSX replacement whether u like it or not!

Your 100% on this or just what you think???

Year Make Model Base Price Monthly Payments HP 0-60 (secs.) Type Engine (Liters) Engine Curb Weight (Lbs) Lbs. per HP DF FF LR DFD
2009 Acura NSX $150,000 $3588 550 3.5 Coupe 5.5 V10 3000 5.5 86 91 81 $1,744

http://www.performancecarnews.com/Fastest-Cars-0-60.asp?Process=ShowTable

2009? 5.5L V-10? Whatever. There is absolutely no way this car sells as a 2009 model. 3000 lbs? Ha! That site just lost all credibility with me. Obviously they are only interested in hype and hits.

Honda reliability
FYI, two of my friends with more recent Hondas and Acuras both say the quality and reliability went waaayyyy down a few years back, to the point that they said they won't buy another.

It might be reliable, but I wouldn't bank on it until you know it for sure.

(Sad, really. That was probably my favorite thing about Honda.)

FYI, two of my friends with more recent Hondas and Acuras both say the quality and reliability went waaayyyy down a few years back, to the point that they said they won't buy another.

Only the ones made in the U.S.

Some cool new photos from different angles

newnsxreplacement1ak8.jpg

newnsxreplacement2qb6.jpg

Taken from this thread (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2882838). Worth checking out as if you needed another excuse to visit the Nurburgring :biggrin:

Can the mods please retitle thread to "Acura's Next supercar"

thanks.

PS- i hate all the babble of NSX this or that etc etc. very tiring

+1 werd.

I would have to disagree. Consumer Reports ranked Honda #1 and Acura #2 for reliablity in 2007. What does your friend drive?

Let me guess, one of them owns an RL.

Not many people have issues with the RL at all. Some people are saying they're having problems with the AC or the battery or this or that, but in the end what car doesn't have a couple of issues here and there.

I haven't heard or seen of anything large that has said anything to that extent.

Along with the 04 EL, and 2 TL's, we have an 06 RL A-Spec and an 07 MDX. The only complaint we have is the lack of low end power, but that's in every single Honda, and it's no where near enough to call it bad.

Quality wise...yeah they have dropped a bit, but again, not enough to really have an issue with it.

The only reason reliability or quality takes a hit in Acuras is simply because they're putting more tech goodies in their cars which sometimes have some faultyness to it. It's the same reason why BMW also takes a hit on relability and quality now adays...

Your basing your opinion on honda from TWO individuals experiences? haha.. My '01 Civic and '05 RL have had no major issues. I would not hesitate in buying another one (in fact, I didn't... and picked up an NSX). ;)

Back