• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX

First: I find insulting comparing this new car to the NSX and to even go further by putting background a big poster of the gorgeous original NSX.

Honda considers us as mega morons as well as everybody else listening to their BS.

Second: This car isn't a sportscar but a big GT.

From the side view this car shows elegant lines but as I already wrote, this is not an NSX successor and trying to convince us by stating that there is a common point like the black canopy between the AASCC and an NSX is as foolish as concluding the same between an NSX and this:

75ed_2.JPG

What kind of extruded aluminum POS is that!?!?? Call it the next RSX, Prelude, or something new to compete with the M6, SL 55. Call it the RL 2 door or bring back the Legend name. I NEVER thought I'd want an Audi over the NSX, and we've all been patient, but now it's time to go to the Audi dealer and place an order I guess. I can't believe that Lexus and Acura have dropped such huge turds after having so much time to come up with something groundbreaking. It's a shame.

Why the HSC didn't went forward?? seriously .. this new concept is very interesting but is too weird and nowhere close of the nSX ... i'm sad , i was hoping something more NSX not the next Honda Sports car (after s2000) a la M6/Aston Martin ... maybe right now is very hard to compete with ferrari unlike on the 80/90's ... oh well you guys should feel happy to own such beautyful car!
Oscar

Jeepers Creepers.

Ill make a prediction. It will sell better than our NSXs did.

Seriously folks, look at us. We bought one of the best, but poorest selling production sports cars ever made. It is an awesome car, but everyone who loves it, has either owned one or is on PRIME. We're all just looking at eachother saying how much we hate this car; newsflash, seeing as we own and love NSX's, we've already shown minority tastes for cars.

Personally, I dont like it. Hope it evolves into something I can stomach; it would be a shame to ignore it outright.

I think that if they took the same car and ....
honda_concept_revised.jpg

:biggrin:
I did a quick photoshop on the one on the right side ... that's how i was hopping (based on the actual concept) it was going to look like (in my quick photoshoped way)
Oscar

Last edited:
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/01/07/033271.html

DETROIT — This afternoon saw the worldwide debut of the Advanced Sports Car Concept, heir-apparent to Acura's sports icon, the NSX, at the 2007 North American International Auto Show.
Distinguished by sharp angles and futuristic sculpting, the concept features what the manufacturer calls subtle cues associated with its predecessor. LED headlights intended to evoke the first-generation NSX's pop-up headlights.
"Our intention was to design an exotic sports car that gracefully combines advanced technology and strong emotion," said Jon Ikeda, principal designer, Acura Design Center. "The technical, machined surfaces and keen-edge design are balanced with sweeping curves and dramatic lines, all of which results in the ultimate exotic sports car."

This afternoon? Also - the picture is similar to that posted above but is it a picture or a computer rendition? :confused:

Not if it comes in over 90 or 100K. Lexus will kill 'em at that demographic with the LF-A. As this car stands (basically a Super CL Type-whatever) it's nothing more than a $69,000, overweight, luxury-oriented mundane-mobile. They've alienated their most loyal, enthusiastic customers (NSX & S2000 buyers/buyers to be) with this poor excuse for a sporty coupe (offense intended). Pull out of F1; you no longer have any business there. Honda has been behind BMW for years now in production car engine technology, and now they've shown what a real bunch of poser-catering losers they really are.

I think it would make for a nice upscale replacement S2000 in the Acura line.

IMHO they should have announced it as the ASC, a fusion from what we've learned from the S2000 and NSX (with an S2k and NSX in as the backdrop). It could be priced as a Skyline and toast a Ferrari 599 in performance, but without the midengine magic, it's no NSX replacement or successor. Using just the NSX in the banner background and changing the engine layout just sets this car up to fail among the NSX lovers. If it were just a new Acura coupe, would we be responding negatively? I don't think so.

Thank goodness that they are calling it an ASC so there is some hope that they will cut marketing ties of this car with the NSX.

Otto

I need more info. Like first what is the price market. Under 60k ok. If not what the hell were you thinking. Looks like my 91 is going to get a 2002+ sister or brother if this is what they want to bring out in the 70k + range. Hell the accord coupe concept was more exciting. I know we are not ferraris but hell at least look a little like one instead of the ugly red headed step child. Maybe the whole problem is some team in the US designed it. Let the original creator have a crack at it. He obviously knew what he was doing. Acura if this is your design I hope to hell you make lots of parts for our NSX because we dont want it.

91NSX owner #1231 and proud of it.
s2000 owner
next NSX? Not even close

Jeepers Creepers.

Seriously folks, look at us. We bought one of the best, but poorest selling production sports cars ever made.

If you're taking bets on that, I'll buy into the action.

To whom will Acura sell this new car? There is a lot of competition in the high-performance sports-coupe market - MB, BMW, Audi, Aston, Jag, Ferrari, Cadillac and shortly, Porsche. And Honda has absolutely no installed owner base for the ASC, right? It can't go Civic SE --> S2000 --> ASC. Or even TSX --> RL --> ASC. Had the new NSX been something desgined for us current NSX owners to upgrade to, Honda has a starting marketing of 18,000 people. As opposed to zero by going after a new market.

Also, the NSX was not poorly selling for the first 2-3 years on the market - it did just fine. Criminal neglect made the car sell poorly after 1994, when it should have had its first MMC.

Face it, the leaders at Honda who created the NSX are long gone and the new leaders clearly possess neither the vision nor the moxie required to produce anything as compelling as the NSX.

I did a search of the older threads and found this one. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79266

Clearly White92 knew what he was talking about. :frown:

If White92 is indeed correct, I just hope he is also correct that this car will no longer bare the NSX name. Calling this car something else is fine with me and I think will make a great addition to the Acura line up. I guess the NSX could be dead though. Sad to see, but I rather they kill the name then continue it on a car like this. All the more I need to find myself another NSX and become an NSX owner again.

Took the survey...to put a pic of the NSX above this car's unveiling is sad:mad:

I think that if they took the same car and ....
honda_concept_revised.jpg

:biggrin:
I did a quick photoshop on the one on the right side ... that's how i was hopping (based on the actual concept) it was going to look like (in my quick photoshoped way)
Oscar

You should work at Honda's North American design studio. That is certainly an improvement. In fact we've seen many "rumoured NSX designs" that look better and are more inspired than this one.

If you're taking bets on that, I'll buy into the action.

To whom will Acura sell this new car? There is a lot of competition in the high-performance sports-coupe market - MB, BMW, Audi, Aston, Jag, Ferrari, Cadillac and shortly, Porsche. And Honda has absolutely no installed owner base for the ASC, right? It can't go Civic SE --> S2000 --> ASC. Or even TSX --> RL --> ASC. Had the new NSX been something desgined for us current NSX owners to upgrade to, Honda has a starting marketing of 18,000 people. As opposed to zero by going after a new market.

Also, the NSX was not poorly selling for the first 2-3 years on the market - it did just fine. Criminal neglect made the car sell poorly after 1994, when it should have had its first MMC.

Face it, the leaders at Honda who created the NSX are long gone and the new leaders clearly possess neither the vision nor the moxie required to produce anything as compelling as the NSX.

I think that we have to ask ourselves if Hondas strategy worked well for our NSXs. Ignoring the car itself, were there buyers flocking to pick up every NSX that could be made? No, there were not - Im the first owner of my car and it sat at the dealer for over 2 years. I watched it in Autotrader for 2 years and got it for a song 3 days before Xmas when it started to dump snow when the car was pushing toward its third year of life.

So, weve seen that the high end market will not support a moderate to high priced, high tech, midengined two seater from Honda. If what you want to do is sell cars, why would Honda go up to bat with the same equation again? The world has gotten faster, but it has not changed how it views Hondas.

Instead, from a marketing perspective, it probably makes more sense to come out with a car that better fits what is selling today. Front engine. Bigger. AWD. Less exotic and more attainable for the masses.

I know that there's competition amongst the M6 space, but would you rather have 15% of a big market or 40% of a tiny market?

Me thinks that Honda is 1) opting for the former and 2) using the accolades about a real gem of a car which no one bought, and applying them to an equation that will satisfy a larger part of the population.

The new car doesnt appeal to me, or even us, but face it, we're generally the minority.

I have been waiting to see some official press from Honda regarding the next NSX. Now that I have, I have no doubt that I will have something Italian in my garage in the next year or two.

Alright, it's monday morning and so far, no pictures. I'm sure there is someone out there that was in Detroit yesterday. Didn't your parents teach you to share?

Cheers

nigel

Well...all I can say is "I TOLD YOU SO!!!". That goes to all the naysayers that pretty much flamed me when I said that the NSX replacement will be a front engine design. This is the car that my classmate from Art Center designed. The first sketches (rear 3/4 view) that popped up even has is name on the tires. Shame on y'all. :D

Back