• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX

Well...all I can say is "I TOLD YOU SO!!!". That goes to all the naysayers that pretty much flamed me when I said that the NSX replacement will be a front engine design. This is the car that my classmate from Art Center designed. The first sketches (rear 3/4 view) that popped up even has is name on the tires. Shame on y'all. :D

You're the one!!! Shame on you. :biggrin:

Well...all I can say is "I TOLD YOU SO!!!". That goes to all the naysayers that pretty much flamed me when I said that the NSX replacement will be a front engine design. This is the car that my classmate from Art Center designed. The first sketches (rear 3/4 view) that popped up even has is name on the tires. Shame on y'all. :D

You were right ,but where's that guy that kept telling us he sat in the mid engine car and that it was "further along" than we all thought because Honda was "hiding it". We need to string him up:biggrin:

I think that we have to ask ourselves if Hondas strategy worked well for our NSXs. Ignoring the car itself, were there buyers flocking to pick up every NSX that could be made? No, there were not - Im the first owner of my car and it sat at the dealer for over 2 years. I watched it in Autotrader for 2 years and got it for a song 3 days before Xmas when it started to dump snow when the car was pushing toward its third year of life.

So, weve seen that the high end market will not support a moderate to high priced, high tech, midengined two seater from Honda. If what you want to do is sell cars, why would Honda go up to bat with the same equation again? The world has gotten faster, but it has not changed how it views Hondas.

Instead, from a marketing perspective, it probably makes more sense to come out with a car that better fits what is selling today. Front engine. Bigger. AWD. Less exotic and more attainable for the masses.

I know that there's competition amongst the M6 space, but would you rather have 15% of a big market or 40% of a tiny market?

Me thinks that Honda is 1) opting for the former and 2) using the accolades about a real gem of a car which no one bought, and applying them to an equation that will satisfy a larger part of the population.

The new car doesnt appeal to me, or even us, but face it, we're generally the minority.

Just so I get my props as well I told you guys Honda wasn't thinking about us as possible buyers of their next sportscar. They want people to buy a car new and more people buy new cars in this configuration. Of course this sucks as I don't want to see myself coming and going ,but oh well I'll give this new baby a shot. Of course Honda is still supposed to be adding another lower priced sportscar to the line up maybe their's some chance for the HSC there as a V6.... Hey a guy can always hope can't he:biggrin:

I like it. :eek: :biggrin:
It has classic good looks.:wink: It looks menacingly refined. :cool:
It looks like the car Honda can build and be proud of.:smile:
If priced below 120K I am all over it.

If only Honda would not come out in a few months time to kill this thing like they killed the HSC.:rolleyes:

What happened to Honda's design team ? the NSX was based on F1... it should continue to be on F1. The Enzo was base on F1.

Why!!! Honda... I really don't like any of Honda's designs.. they were at their best in the 90s.

4-2008-acura-nsx-advanced-sports-car-concept.jpg

predator.helmet.2.jpg

First, it was obviously a big mistake to entrust this project to the design staff at LA's Acura Design Studio. So far, they have botched every attempt at designing something that current Acura owners would deem acceptable for any Acura lineage.

Second, why on earth would Takeo dare to compare this bulbous nosed monstrosity with the current NSX? I fail to see any relation other than an Acura badge.

Third, it pains me to admit that my hopes for Acura seem to be demolished. By making this car a front engine, rear cabin design, Acura has alienated the bulk of current or prior NSX owners who would have purchased said vehicle. I had hoped to see a true NSX successor that lived up to label of being an "exotic". Unfortunately, I see no reason to continue championing for Acura and will likely look into another marquee to become passionate about.

The timing couldn't be worse. This year Acura enters ALMS, IRL returns to Mid Ohio, and I am one of the hosts for NSXPO in my hometown of Columbus, Ohio. I had truly hoped that there would be another Acura super car I would desire. Maybe I will come around and warm up to the idea of an Acura Corvette, but for now I feel cheated and frustrated with Acura's poor attempt at our beloved and now dead NSX.

Your friend needs to go back to school. And I'm not sure I would be admitting that you have any connection to the bastard.

Your friend needs to go back to school. And I'm not sure I would be admitting that you have any connection to the bastard.

You know the saying about assholes and opinions. Personaly, I'd take this over the current NSX any day. Some people just have a hard time with change. I personaly, really like this design....not enough to make me want one, but overall, it is a very impressive design.
Rather than just critquing, let's see some of your designs, then.:wink:

You know the saying about assholes and opinions. Personaly, I'd take this over the current NSX any day. Some people just have a hard time with change. I personaly, really like this design....not enough to make me want one, but overall, it is a very impressive design.
Rather than just critquing, let's see some of your designs, then.:wink:

You are correct, on both accounts. Opinions are like assholes, and I make no effort to hide that I am indeed an asshole. Also, I do not design cars, I purchase them. The question that this car raises then is `will I ever purchase one?' If I do, then I guess your friend has achieved his goal. But by guaging the response of others on this board, I don't know believe many others are rushing to the Acura dealership with check books in hand.

I agree with Dave. It is starting to grow on me. Particularly after seeing the picture of it from the side on Edmunds.com.

Well 17 years ago Honda embarrassed Ferrari at their game. Is it time for them to embarrass the Vette and Viper? I would love to see it compete at Le Mans.

Come on guys look at he up side!

PS. I still like mine better.:wink:

You are correct, on both accounts. Opinions are like assholes, and I make no effort to hide that I am indeed an asshole. Also, I do not design cars, I purchase them. The question that this car raises then is `will I ever purchase one?' If I do, then I guess your friend has achieved his goal. But by guaging the response of others on this board, I don't know believe many others are rushing to the Acura dealership with check books in hand.

Well, I've said it before a long time ago. When I made the announcement that it was gonna be front-engine, it upset alot of people. I totaly knew that was gonna happen. Hell, even the designers were upset (if you go through my older posts). They said it themselves "Honda is no longer a fun company since their new sports car flagship is now front engine". But, they didn't have a choice. Blame the bean counters or upper management. I personaly like what they did with what they had. Ofcourse a mid engine would have been much cooler, but you gotta do, what you gotta do.

wow. seem to be alot of closed minds in here. Change isnt always a bad thing yaknow. I seem to remember a an FR layout car that handles awesome, has 50/50 weight distribution, light weight, and sells sucessfully... the s2000...

may not be an MR layout, but who's to say this car wont outperform a current NSX?

just my 2 cents

All I can say is that I'm happy I have one of the last!

bummer.

v10. rumored 500hp. carbon-fiber under body. quad exhaust. all wheel handling.

i haven't seen the engine, so i don't know how the folks at ct, etc, might juice it. i haven't seen anything about the complete drive train so don't know what that will bring. i haven't seen the interior, so i don't have a clue what's inside.

though probably not as ground-breaking as the original nsx and not as bitchin' looking as the hsc, overall, i think it's got some nice design lines to it and probably a lot of upside we don't know about as of today.

being a honda-guy, i'll reserve judgment on it until i test drive one at the dealer.

hal

Lasts week list of cars i'm looking at in the future:

F430
Gallardo
The new NSX

Todays:

F430
Gallardo

Even if its different, i dont like it, it just doesn't say 'exotic'.

Ok, so it's not pure design bliss like the current NSX, but I like it. After the production parts like real headlights, taillights, bumpers, side view mirrors, etc are on it, I'm sure it will look great. I love my NSX more, but I think the design is moving in the right direction for this particular concept. The stats on the heart of the car are good - V10 and AWD - can't complain. Just be sure to put the right exhaust note on it. :)

If White92 is indeed correct, I just hope he is also correct that this car will no longer bare the NSX name.

It's comical how NSX owners say that Ferrari owners are full of it when they talk about heritage, pedigree, etc. Then, when we think this concept may be called NSX, we get upset that it's not in keeping with the heritage, pedigree, etc of the current NSX. Pot, kettle, you there?

I don't see where Honda said this is the NSX replacement. I see magazines saying it, but where did Takeo say it? If someone has that direct quote, please share.

---------------------------------------------------
So, nobody here has driven this car, right? Nobody here can say how it will perform, right? It's interesting how we NSX owners tell other exotic owners that it's about the performance of the car, not the sub 300HP V-6 motor that makes the NSX great. Then, when a new Acura design comes out, people who have no clue what the performance will be complain that it sucks b/c it's not mid engine. How many of you/us really need a mid engine for driving on the street (or even on the track for that matter)? Oh wait, it's about the performance, right, not the configuration? Or do we need a new mantra?

I think everyone's opinion is valid, but we don't know yet. I love Honda products and always will. I'm sure this car will perform well - let's wait and see.

So, Honda, if you are listening, I like the design. I also have a S2000, which is a F/R layout and I LOVE the way it handles. If you need someone in CA to give you some impressions of the concept in person, I'd be happy to fly down to check out the car face-to-face, or let you take some laps in it w/ me in the passenger seat, so please, please, please PM me. :smile: :biggrin:

Last edited:
I don't see where Honda said this is the NSX replacement. I see magazines saying it, but where did Takeo say it? If someone has that direct quote, please share.

"The first generation NSX is another example of this burning desire for performance. It set new standards in many areas, from its advanced technologies to its incredible performance. Today, we want to show you a new concept car that hints at the design direction of the successor to the NSX."

From his speach at the NAIAS during the unvieling of the ASC.

"The first generation NSX is another example of this burning desire for performance. It set new standards in many areas, from its advanced technologies to its incredible performance. Today, we want to show you a new concept car that hints at the design direction of the successor to the NSX."

From his speach at the NAIAS during the unvieling of the ASC.

Thanks TC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting how he said it "hints". I wonder which design cues he's talking about. Sounds like the V10 and AWD are in, but I wonder if the sheetmetal (or sheet-aluminum, or carbon, whatever) may change. I like the design, call it NSX or not. Let's see how it performs.

I have been waiting to see some official press from Honda regarding the next NSX. Now that I have, I have no doubt that I will have something Italian in my garage in the next year or two.

I am with you on this one. I have a 2002 NSX T (just sold), a Ferrari Challenge Stradale and an M3. I sold the NSX to buy a another Ferrari but was moving slow to see what would show up in Detroit. Well now that we have seen the "New Step Child".....I am selling my M3 to get an M6 and I am looking for a 575M!!!!!

What happened to Honda's design team ? the NSX was based on F1... it should continue to be on F1. The Enzo was base on F1.

Why!!! Honda... I really don't like any of Honda's designs.. they were at their best in the 90s.

4-2008-acura-nsx-advanced-sports-car-concept.jpg

predator.helmet.2.jpg

Well being you opened up this can of worms! Anyone here see the New Battlestar Galactica? Please find a front picture of the new Cylon Raider, I think we will see they are very similar! LA design teams go back to SciFi!

Back