• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Promo video came out today

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VtTUY5ur3S4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
All along watching this video I kept thinking "I can't believe this thing is going to happen". I was all giddy inside. Then when they flashed "NSX Concept" at the end they killed all my childhood dreams just like THAT. Putting the word Concept in there is like an insurance plan for if some reason they don't push thru with this.

My thoughts too. If we go through a 20 year down cycle in the market like Japan, the economy might kill it. Nice video though.

Still no interior shots. Honda, we know what this car look like from the outside already!!! At least give us a CG rendition or something for the interior.

Between this, the GT5 promo, and the Seinfeld commercial (which I'm still seeing on TV), it feels Honda has already done more to market this concept than the original. Am I alone in feeling this?

All along watching this video I kept thinking "I can't believe this thing is going to happen". I was all giddy inside. Then when they flashed "NSX Concept" at the end they killed all my childhood dreams just like THAT. Putting the word Concept in there is like an insurance plan for if some reason they don't push thru with this.

I'm with you....until I see it driving, moving , someone sitting in a REAL car in a commercial, I'm bummed.

Show me the actual car please

They're really getting good bang for their marketing buck with these NSX 2.0 concept ads. I'm sure it's re-energized the Acura brand so much since and have gotten the world looking at Honda/Acura again. However, this is their one and only ace up their sleeve. If they call a bluff and don't make this thing... oh man... I(we?) will forever lose respect for anything Honda :frown:. I hope they realize that!

*crossing my fingers*

Don't panic about the 'concept' tag. The NSX was preceded by the NS-X prototype by years. A company president doesn't come out and proclaim the engineering plant and team located in the country of their most important market and just be pretending. It's coming.

It reminds me of when Lucas announced the new Star Wars films. I was so excited! Please don't screw this up Honda. I want to love again.

Don't panic about the 'concept' tag. The NSX was preceded by the NS-X prototype by years. A company president doesn't come out and proclaim the engineering plant and team located in the country of their most important market and just be pretending. It's coming.

I completely agree, it's a done deal that it's coming. They would be foolish to do everything they have already done and keep this as a concept. I don't feel it's an NSX yet, but I'll let them prove me wrong. The 2.0 car has a lot to live up to for me.

So I'm seeing an "H" badge and a blacked out nose which is obviously less ugly than that shiny crap shown in Detroit

It was posted on youtube by account "hondavideo" whoever that is

looks like marketing "silent leak" stuff to keep buzz fires alight

until a real engine is making tires spin because I stepped on a pedal, it doesn't exist for me

Between this, the GT5 promo, and the Seinfeld commercial (which I'm still seeing on TV), it feels Honda has already done more to market this concept than the original. Am I alone in feeling this?

i thought both of these things simultaneously. weird happy/anxious feeling.

The car will happen unless a volcano blows up Japan. honda has too much PR into this now to back out. You didn't see commericals for the HSC or ASCC during the superbowl...

Loved the video, but im still shaking my head.

Honda must be really desperate to promote a concept like this. Its like the launch is weeks away when in fact its years.

The sad reason they are doing this is probably as Juice stated above.

It think Honda will have to stop crying wolf and get this thing out on the roads fast or Im afraid the bubble will burst and people will tire long before its even available. :frown:

I've become really fascinated with marketing strategies lately for some odd reason. Honda needs to hire the folks that marketed the FR-S/BRZ. I know both cars target different types of buyers but Toyota really did a great job cultivating the hype on that car (Subura not so much). I suppose it helps when the car is as good as they say and delivered what they said they would (according to early reviewers). All that's left is unveiling a price but they've leaked out so many nuggets already that there are people already dropping down deposits for the damn thing already even w/o knowing the price.. that's looney to me but there are many loons out there apparently!

Am I the only one who is more concerned that the new NSX is the ONLY car Acura has worth looking at?

THAT point really does not concern me in the least...I do not care what else they offer...it would not be my taste.

Kinda like a strip club that has 14 fat, ugly chicks and one very fine gorgeous one...she would be all that matters. :D

On the serious side...even though they are only showing the clay model (with no interior) around the show circuit, a fully running production model is said to be completed and ready...they are merely waiting for the Ohio plant renovations and re-tooling process to finish before they can go "live".

Wanna know when it'll be produced...go stake out the Ohio production plant...bribe some construction workers leaving work to tell you how close to "ready" the inside is and then you'll have your answer.

I predict we'll see the next car to wear the NSX badge on streets BY NEXT SUMMER...at around $130K a pop.

Think about the mass hype...and then mark my words...even Ferrari doesn't take deposits on something THREE YEARS OUT!

Last edited:
Am I the only one who is more concerned that the new NSX is the ONLY car Acura has worth looking at?
You're not the only one. I've been keeping an eye on the market for a newer DD, and am not interested in any of Acura's current offerings. Whereas in the 90s I would have thrown cash at Acura for a Legend or Vigor, but nowadays their vehicles are too blah for my tastes. I'm actually more interested in the new Hyundai Azera when it comes out, but most likely I will just keep my 2000 Accord until I drive it into the ground.

Last edited:
even though they are only showing the clay model (with no interior) around the show circuit, a fully running production model is said to be completed and ready...they are merely waiting for the Ohio plant renovations and re-tooling process to finish before they can go "live".
Just curious, where are you getting this information?

they are doing a good job milking the clay model for every last drop b4 moving forward by giving us more.

kudos to them for taking marketing this car seriously, which at the same time makes sense considering the state they are in and how much is riding on their beloved flagship.

im revved and ready for more!

Back