• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New seats pix

I also recovered my speakers with new material, compliments of Malibu Rapper. Many thanks! :smile:

Funny thing. I feel I'm sitting higher than before. Also, the smell of new leather is intoxicating!

Could you elaborate on the speaker recovering? I have some left over material from when I did mine and was thinking of using it for the same thing.
I also agree with you about feeling of sitting a little higher.:confused:

Could you elaborate on the speaker recovering? I have some left over material from when I did mine and was thinking of using it for the same thing.
I also agree with you about feeling of sitting a little higher.:confused:

Not sure if you mean how to recover your speakers but if so, it was easy.

Removing the wire mesh from the door panels was easy, (assumes the door panels are already off.) Just pull the old material from the mesh grills and use as template for the new material. I used 3M adheshive spay and it worked great. Reinsert and enjoy!

Sky :smile:

Not sure if you mean how to recover your speakers but if so, it was easy.

Removing the wire mesh from the door panels was easy, (assumes the door panels are already off.) Just pull the old material from the mesh grills and use as template for the new material. I used 3M adheshive spay and it worked great. Reinsert and enjoy!

Sky :smile:

I kinda thought that is what he meant. I've taken my grille's off before so I'm comfortable with doing that. I just didn't notice the speakers being red in the picture. Then again, he could've used black on them.
Anyway, isn't the perforated material used for the seat inserts a bit to thick to use as grille covers?

I kinda thought that is what he meant. I've taken my grille's off before so I'm comfortable with doing that. I just didn't notice the speakers being red in the picture. Then again, he could've used black on them.
Anyway, isn't the perforated material used for the seat inserts a bit to thick to use as grille covers?

OK, I guess I posted a confusing post.

I recovered the speakers with speaker cloth,not leather. I should have posted that was the material used. It was in reference to the fact I had the door panels off and one of my speaker cover material was torn. It's my fault for not being clear on the matter.:redface:

I hope this clears it up,

Sky

I had a hard time finding someone local who would do it for under $500. *It has a lot to do where I live...IOWA.

You drove to Oklahoma City?

Yes the avtar is a Next Generation Boeing 737-700. It and the 300/500 series are my current "daily driver" for SWA. It has a really kewl heads up display.

737-700_cockpit_HUD.jpg

BTW: I still like my NSX better even though it can't do mach .79 :biggrin:

Thanks!

I was jumpseating upfront on SWA the other day, and it just killed me that you guys are using EFIS to reproduce steam gauges. :smile:
Airspeed trend vectors are the greatest thing since "Sliced Bread". :smile:

Sorry Prime, I kinda hijacked this thread.

I was jumpseating upfront on SWA the other day, and it just killed me that you guys are using EFIS to reproduce steam gauges. :smile:

The "steam Gauges" in our EFIS you refer to are because the FAA Pilot certification requirement to have all Pilots rated on all types of our 737,(-200/-300/-500/-700.) The 737-200 was in service at the time and thus the FAA requirement, not SWA's requirement.

The HUD has 4 modes and is true EFIS style presentation.
I use the HGS-4000 at all times. (HUD crippled :biggrin: )
From Rockwell Collins:
"New features of the HGS-4000 include runway remaining, tailstrike avoidance and unusual attitude recovery. The system has an instrument landing system (ILS) anomaly detect feature which will filter out ILS disturbances during the final approach phase. It will also allow Southwest to fly GPS-based Landing System (GLS)-based precision approaches to lower-than-standard Cat I minima."

We fly to CATIIIA mins, (700 RVR) & T/O with only 300 RVR using the HUD. The HUD also has flight path acceleration symbology and ground deceleration cues.

Airspeed trend vectors are the greatest thing since "Sliced Bread". :smile:

The HUD's in all our fleet have airspeed trend vectors. The trend value is predicted airspeed in 10 seconds. It displays when airspeed trend exceeds 4.5 knots and is removed when trend is less than 3.5 knots or CAS is less than 30 knots.

737techk62801_n.jpg

Anyway, they are still airplanes ya gotta fly regardless of technology involved.

Sky:wink:

*What is a CL65?

CatIIIA display:
hgs4000catIIIat50-2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow you guys are talkin' Chinese now :smile:

Glad to see you did the door panels too...

SWA...my cab ride to Houston...:)

"New features of the HGS-4000 include runway remaining, tailstrike avoidance and unusual attitude recovery. The system has an instrument landing system (ILS) anomaly detect feature which will filter out ILS disturbances during the final approach phase. It will also allow Southwest to fly GPS-based Landing System (GLS)-based precision approaches to lower-than-standard Cat I minima."

GLS is an approved FAA precision approach in the State? :cool:

GLS is an approved FAA precision approach in the State? :cool:
*Not yet. This was a quote from Rockwell and assumes a future approval when the time comes. :smile:

Sky

Looks great, I would like to do mine also. I like the alcantera with black combo for mine.

CL65 is the Bombardier CRJ100/200/700/900. (Canadair Regional Jet).

I still like my steam gauges!

Boeing 747-300 Classic Japan Airlines......

DSC00714.JPG
[/IMG]

as you can see the Takeoff Data..........Gross Weight was 699,000 thousand pounds for that day!
MACH.84 and we been blocked out for over 7 hours!!!!!!!!

1995 Red NSX T

SEEYA!!!!!

I still like my steam gauges!

Boeing 747-300 Classic Japan Airlines......

DSC00714.JPG
[/IMG]

as you can see the Takeoff Data..........Gross Weight was 699,000 thousand pounds for that day!
MACH.84 and we been blocked out for over 7 hours!!!!!!!!

1995 Red NSX T

SEEYA!!!!!

I flew the 747-200 classic for some time, (Polar) and it was always my favorite. I do like my HUD for really,really accurate flying however.

6429sig_red_sm.jpg

Sky:smile:

Pac747.jpg

Back