• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nothing new, just an update!!!

BD

Legendary Member
I just did a gig with my old college band in San Diego, California.

It was Honda's annual "Internal" dealership network convention for all US dealerships. No press was allow, at least I didn't see any. The convention was pertty big, with about 2000 people and bunch of Honda cars. I took some pictures but I was told to remove them from my phone before I can get out of the back room. Yeah, they noticed me snapping pictures when I supposed to play my trumpet...:biggrin:

By now, no news are new any more, but I get to hear it from the source direct.

Basically few things...

The new models such as the new TSX, Fit, and upcoming TL....

And Honda's internal rumors of future models such as FR RL with a V8 engine is in the process.

And yes, FR NSX "replacement" with a V10 is on schedule to be released by summer of 2009 as a 2010 model, in conjunction with the launch of the Japan Acura brand. Of course the price is not set due to the volatile currency exchange rate as well as the final assessment of the production model cost, but do expect it to be well priced. Performance is promised to be world class and yada yada yada.

Basically more salesmanship to built excitement about the upcoming product.

Pertty boring stuff, just like the Mazda gig I gig d two years ago...

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot...

After ten years of being lied to and jerked around, what am I waiting for exactly?

A Corvette styled V-10 in the over $130K?

Will the person that wants this please themselves known?

What are they going to release next year, when after years of waiting all we got was a clay fake that nobody liked?

So what exactly is the business plan Mr. Fukui, sell GM V-4s so they can sell V-6s to Suzuki to compete against Honda?

Jerk around, yes, being lied to... not quite because they never promised any thing while the world just kept on going.

Regardless, the anticipation was not really high for the dealerships; the new car is not some thing the individual dealership/salesman will be able to sell and make a living. More of having a flag ship car in the store and to represent Honda. The General managers from all the stores were more excited about money makers such as the new TL, TSX, upcoming FCX and fit.

Last edited:
Honda:"Here comes the new NSX!"
Targa model

Facelift

NSX-R GT

HSC

ASC

2009 flagship with 300 HP!!! Keep the faith!

I would be happy with a 400hp mid car(don't care if its RWD or SH-AWD) as long as its light and looks good. but I have a feeling my alarm clock will go off when the new NSX comes out(correction NSX replacement)

Why Honda is slow with the NSX replacement ? The answer is soybean. I found out the other day that Honda is busy growing soybean in Ohio and shipping the stuff back to Japan (Fortune Magazine). They are now officially in the agriculture business. Very odd car company.

Why Honda is slow with the NSX replacement ? The answer is soybean. I found out the other day that Honda is busy growing soybean in Ohio and shipping the stuff back to Japan (Fortune Magazine). They are now officially in the agriculture business. Very odd car company.

Ask Mitsubishi why they will present the world with the EVO and sell big screen TVs at the same time.

or

Why is Apple Computers making iPod and iPhone?

or

Why is Yamaha building motor cycles and piano at the same time.

or

RR building cars and jet engines?

or

Redbull energy drinks building F1 cars?

or

Why do some of my fire fighter friends selling houses on their days off.

or

why is Honda making humanoid robots, mowers, air planes, etc?

or even better. Why do people feel the need for Honda to built a MR super car that has absolutely no any impact in their global "Passenger" cars market?

Companies like to diversify their product, if Japan don't have enough land to grow soy beans, which account for most of their diet, why wouldn't they grow them here for the mother land? After all, cheap land is what we got here.

Strange post:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Man, have I ever heard anyone so consistently defensive for Honda, it is to be you Mr. Vance.

The real reason why Honda sells Soybeans to Japan has nothing to do with diversifing their business. It is call using their brains so they don't ship empty containers back to Japan from Ohio.

Reuseable containers are shipped from Japan to Ohio for many components such as transmissions. It is wasteful to ship back only the containers. Hence Honda decide to make a few bucks by growing soybeans and shipping those back in the reuseable containers.

Man, have I ever heard anyone so consistently defensive for Honda, it is to be you Mr. Vance.

The real reason why Honda sells Soybeans to Japan has nothing to do with diversifing their business. It is call using their brains so they don't ship empty containers back to Japan from Ohio.

Reuseable containers are shipped from Japan to Ohio for many components such as transmissions. It is wasteful to ship back only the containers. Hence Honda decide to make a few bucks by growing soybeans and shipping those back in the reuseable containers.
So do you have anything that can sustain your claim of filling the empty containers? If you do, please prove it.

The sad thing is, I wasn't even defending Honda, therefore, you made an assumption.

According to you, Honda have need to fill their empty containers, so they decide to buy up cheap land and start farming for soy beans, creating a whole new operation just because they want to fill some containers?

I worked in the container business for many years as a Long Shoreman at the Port of LA/LB and I can guarantee you Honda have ways to fill up those containers without having to use soy beans. YOU CAN'T COMBINE FOOD WITH INDUSTRIAL PARTS IN THE SAME CONTAINER, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm surprise to hear that from you Mr. SilverF16:confused: :confused: :confused:

"Yet with the auto industry in turmoil brought on by global warming and $100-a-barrel oil, why is Honda playing with robots? Or, for that matter, airplanes? Honda is building a factory in North Carolina to manufacture the Hondajet, a sporty twin-engine runabout that carries six passengers. Or solar energy? Honda has established a subsidiary to make and market thin-film solar-power cells. Or soybeans? Honda grows soybeans in Ohio so that it can fill up cargo containers being shipped back to Japan. The list goes on. All this sounds irrelevant to a company that built some 24 million engines last year and stuffed them into everything from cars to weed whackers."

First off, it does not shown as Soybeans were packed in with Transmission parts.

Second, you probably need containers to ship soybeans back to japan.

Third, like other companies, Honda also sign deals with shipping/container companies for amount of containers "leased."

As part of a "diversified" business, they got soybeans to fill up unused containers.

I'm sure Honda love to do what Toyota is doing, instead of shipping back Soybeans, they ship back Chevy Cavies and re-badge them as Toyota cars in Japan. Much more profitable than soybeans:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back