• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 pictures from the NAIAS

A reporter asked this and got a really stupid answer. No offense but the higher ups are the worse. All they did was repeat his question and say if the market demands it. When asked if it would be a Honda in the rest of the world the CEO looked like the guy just grabbed his scrotum and repeated his answer back to him. The reporter looked at him like 'What the what"??

Hand on head

What is going on with Honda they have made an absolute balls up over the past 10yrs it cant be that hard to do it right everyone else seems too.

Contrast that with European manufacturers who reveal a fully finished car and have it in showrooms less than 12 months later.

I just hope the wheels glow like they do in the video.. :biggrin:

See post below

It's so funny that they'll show this in the vid but when I asked if the car had the new Honda Earth tech they say they can't answer:confused:

Oh well at least it's on the way:biggrin: Damn I just thought about it I'll be able to go watch mine be built. That way anyway problems you know exactly who's a$$ to kick:biggrin: j/k

Oh wait, this guy already has glowing wheels...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2XyV6Dstnyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't mind waiting a few years. I waited 13 to buy mine since it debuted. This just gives me time to move into a home with a 4 car garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohio? Makes sense. No Tsunami's to set them back or halt development. They may have too much on their plate from the disaster(s) to be doing this in Japan.

Last edited:
Given the economy doesn't it make sense to build here? I read somewhere that Honda planned on building more cars here in the U.S. because as of now the dollar is weaker than the yen, or something along those lines.

That photo looks like a Mitsubishi Eclipse with a body kit to me.

+1 that thought occured to me at certain angles, others not so much

Either way... the front end is mostly ugly and stupid looking with the beak

If I bought the car, I'd break out the dremel and de-beak it

This is not meant to be offensive. It does not matter where they will build it. What matters is who shall build it. So being built in Ohio or anywhere in America can be done smoothly, if planned correctly.

Just don't let the US design the interior! :mad:

A_J: blacken the chrome front grill, it will look better.

Wingz: edit your first post to the include the pics to help all of the new comers into the thread. And are you sure it's 6 inches taller?! People have claimed smaller in all dimensions than the R8, so should be less than 49 inches. Perhaps ~48 inches tall, stretch for 47.5?

It's the Acura R8!!

That plus MP4-12C.

I am a bit disappointed they used the R8 windshield style. I reckon the blame is on the safety laws. So besides the fact that it stands a bit too tall, I think NSX 2 Concept looks great. Good detailing overall. I would change a few minor details and shave the roofline by 10% if possible.

This is not meant to be offensive. It does not matter where they will build it. What matters is who shall build it. So being built in Ohio or anywhere in America can be done smoothly, if planned correctly.

Just don't let the US design the interior! :mad:

A_J: blacken the chrome front grill, it will look better.

Wingz: edit your first post to the include the pics to help all of the new comers into the thread. And are you sure it's 6 inches taller?! People have claimed smaller in all dimensions than the R8, so should be less than 49 inches. Perhaps ~48 inches tall, stretch for 47.5?

That plus MP4-12C.

I am a bit disappointed they used the R8 windshield style. I reckon the blame is on the safety laws. So besides the fact that it stands a bit too tall, I think NSX 2 Concept looks great. Good detailing overall. I would change a few minor details and shave the roofline by 10% if possible.

In person it looks a lot taller than our cars. Hopefully we see it on tracks soon and can make comparison pictures. I'll make the pic fix now.

FWIW: I was told yesterday that it will be built in a building "next to" the Marysville plant. That's just down the road. I am hoping to get a tour.

As for the NSX, I think it looks amazing. I have seriously contemplated an R8, but not anymore. I now have three years to move heaven and earth to try to get one of the first to roll off the line. Also, I don't think any of us would have thought twice about the "beak" on this car if the TL/ZDX hadn't ruined beaks for us forever. This looked modest and consistent. I wouldn't build the brand around this styling cue, but on the NSX it's not a deal breaker like it has been for me on the TL (until 2012).

Per AUTOBLOG:

rv9c10.jpg

This is one gorgeous looking car. F..K! Now I have to get one....

Moded .. lol

So, I went ahead and did my versions:

For the Garage queen guys:

nsx_hybridc1.jpg

For the mid-mild guys:

nsx_hybridc2.jpg

For the hard-core guys:

nsx_hybridc3.jpg

Mine is the 3rd hahaha

Oscar

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ycDFWBQqT6M?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ycDFWBQqT6M?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Couldn't be more happy!!!

Just 450+HP and 3K lb's and OMG!!! :D

Someone grab me a towel! I called it!! V6 w/ IMA and awd.. so f@%$# happy its' mid engine still!! only thing I didn't expect. saving starts now!:biggrin:

its starting to grow on me but imo it doesnt look better than a lfa lol

i still want more power from honda however

i dunno about that almost all the new acuras has that ugly beak the new tls and tsx has it and they still havnt grown on me either

The front tire sidewall heights are slightly taller than the rear sidewall height. This looks a bit off even though the rear rim diameter is definitely one inch taller than the front.

Can Wingz or anyone chime in on tire size?

Like the no beak. Gotta be honest at first it did not impress me. Really starting to grow on me now. Lets see what the final product will look like.

Can anyone do this in GPW?

Let's put it this way, this concept is the best one so far that represents the successor to the original NSX. Unfortunately Senna is no longer with us, otherwise Honda can make history all over again with this car.

Back