• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx badley misrpresented

DURIM91NSX said:
No I do not have buyers remorse, I love having a Nsx, I just think the car could have been represented differant than immaculate. And about my friend driving it here and getting all the rock chips on the way up. Well he must of stopped and touched them all up too. To add to my list, the cars antenna does not work and the air only blows on full speed. My friend must of done that too.

Hey...no reason to snip at the person who said that. They most likely did not mean any harm, just that it is possible to get rock chips and tire wear on a 2,000 mile trip home. No reason to attack someone for posting an entirely possible reason for your chips and tire wear. I have had friends accidentally damage my cars before....stuff happens. Again, I understand your frustration, but try to see the big picture.

I am the previous seller of this NSX. First of all let me start off by saying all information represented is true. The buyer sent a friend to look over my car and check everything out before the purchase. He looked over everything and gave the go ahead to buy it. Next the tires had 3K on them from myself. My 3K plus the 2 thousand mile trip to WI equals 5K, of course there will be some wear on the rear tires. The antenna does work, it is just disconnected for looks, that can be solved in 2 minutes. Now on the paint. I stated many times the hood has a few rock chips to the buyer over the phone. The front bumper was clean and had no rock chips, this where the story is changed. The paint on the overall car was very shiney and no scratches at all. Even the 2 fenders were clean as can be. The previous days to selling the car it rained here and i'm sure the weather driving the car to WI made the car dirty. Common sense says the car will not arrive spotless. As for the rock chips on the front bumper i can stand by my word and say that it was clean as can be. I did state the hood had some. Before calling me the bad guy how about thinking twice and asking the guys that looked at the car, they even said it was immaculate.

The bumper alone has over 40-50 rock chips that either have or havn't been touched up. The front of the bumper is also cracked on the lower drivers side. You also didn't mention the shocks on the engine compartment are shot. Why didn't you mention the air condition unit not fully working. Did you not see the other 30-40 rock chips on the left and right fenders. I have spent the past 6-7 hours cleaning, polishing,waxing a car that I believe hasn't seen not been detailed in months or longer. After the three step detailing process the car is still oxidised badley. Why didn't you mention the antenna to me before? I will make this car work, but it will need the front bumper or even the fenders painted, not what a car that is represented as immaculate. Did you also not mention the large chip on the roof of the car that is done to the bare metal? You told me this car was Immaculate, you need to look that word up in the dictionary. From Tampa to Milwaukee is only 1280 miles not 2000.

DURIM91NSX said:
The bumper alone has over 40-50 rock chips that either have or havn't been touched up. The front of the bumper is also cracked on the lower drivers side. You also didn't mention the shocks on the engine compartment are shot. Why didn't you mention the air condition unit not fully working. Did you not see the other 30-40 rock chips on the left and right fenders. I have spent the past 6-7 hours cleaning, polishing,waxing a car that I believe hasn't seen not been detailed in months or longer. After the three step detailing process the car is still oxidised badley. Why didn't you mention the antenna to me before? I will make this car work, but it will need the front bumper or even the fenders painted, not what a car that is represented as immaculate. Did you also not mention the large chip on the roof of the car that is done to the bare metal? You told me this car was Immaculate, you need to look that word up in the dictionary. From Tampa to Milwaukee is only 1280 miles not 2000.

If all what you say is true, you definately got took, I give you that. However though, in hindsight, there are a number of steps that you did not take to make sure that this wouldn't have happened.

DURIM91NSX said:

don't expect the person to offer you a refund.. I don't think they are really required to, as a used car is typicallysold as is, for better or worse. Just find out where a good paint/body shop is, and spend a probable $1000 getting all the chips taken out, and the car will look way better.. I'm probably too neurotic, but i've had my 2000 into the body shop 3 times already, getting minor chips reshot on the front of the car, along with a door ding or two...

"I did state the hood had some. Before calling me the bad guy how about thinking twice and asking the guys that looked at the car, they even said it was immaculate."

OK that about wraps it up...........

DURIM91NSX said:
No I do not have buyers remorse, I love having a Nsx, I just think the car could have been represented differant than immaculate. And about my friend driving it here and getting all the rock chips on the way up. Well he must of stopped and touched them all up too. To add to my list, the cars antenna does not work and the air only blows on full speed. My friend must of done that too.

Just curious....what was the purpose of sending your friend to inspect the car if he wasn't going to let you know about all these problems before he completed the transaction???

If the car was that bad....did your friend forget his really thick glasses that day???

Something just doesn't sound right :confused:

Is it possible that your friend decided to take the car to a car wash to clean it up? Those brush washes can do wonders on the paint with swirls after 1 time through.
Also, everyone has a different opinion of immaculate and like new. When I had a '92 that was sold earlier this year, I used to have people come up all the time and ask if it was new. I would laugh because it was a 105k mile "C-D" car with plenty of faults in my own opinion. Mechanically great, but cosmetically average. When you have people stop you and praise the car, I can see where someone may view their car differently. Or they base their assesment on other cars that they have seen that were worse. I don't think you can tell them that their opinion is wrong, just different from yours.
However, if you were told answers to specific questions regarding rock chips etc... that were misrepresented, then that would be wrong.

svalleynsx said:
Well I'm in Ca. and this crook is in Ma.

That guy also ripped off zetoolman and had the nerve to leave him negative feedback as well. He tried to pass that quarter panel on me saying it was in "good" condition. I'm glad I didn't buy it but sorry to hear that you did. I'll paste his e-mail below:

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:48:34 -0800 (PST)
From: Send an Instant Message "Pierre Desrosier" <[email protected]> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more
Subject: Re: 1/4 Panel
To: "Malibu Rapper" <[email protected]>
unfortunately, I am in MA.. the panel is in good condition but we wll have to ship it. price is 700 plus shipping

the way you see the car and someone else see's it may be two different scales. I bought mine from another Acura dealer and they said it was immaculate. When my wife and I arrived to pick it up I was upset. It had the rock chipped front end. A few minor scratches and was not very clean inside. I was about to walk on the deal and my wife said "its pretty dame good for a 91".I had the dealer fix the passenger window regulator, clean it and picked it up the next day. Put 5000 km's on it in the following 7 days. Got home and cleaned it up and every one that looks at it says to me how it's in immaculate condition. I'd rate my car 8-10

DURIM91NSX> how about sending me some repair funds to fix the problems that should have been represented.

How do you buy a car without taking the proper precautions?

You didnt see the car in person, you have no idea if its even an NSX. It could've been a Fiero kit for chrissake.

Second, you send your friend.. your friend doesnt even bother inspecting the car?

You cant blame anyone other than yourself for not taking the proper precautions to ensure that this car met your standards. As someone mentioned up above, everyone has different ideals and its crucial that you meet eye to eye when making large agreements/transactions like this.

Like I said....I would NEVER buy any car, let alone an NSX sight unseen...You're setting yourself up for disappointment at best...When I bought my NSX in Portland, Ore. I had a PPI done on it by a dealership and talked to the tech who did the PPI for feed back on exterior and interior condition and obviously mechanical condition...when he said "Dude, come get this car before I do" :biggrin: I went ahead and bought a one way ticket and made sure to check the available flights home just incase...Needless to say I liked what I saw and drove 1000 miles home... best 1000 miles I ever drove :biggrin:

This all could have been avoided by checking it out yourself....

1991= 14 years old.....

I bought a 1992 (13year old)...

I understand your complaints....however, I flew to Seattle WA to Look at my NSX before I made a decision.

The car had more scuffs than in the picture, but the overwhelming joy of the car shined brighter than the swirls and few chips.

Even still today, I find blemishes ( I've had the car 6 months) however, it's not a 2005, but it could be...if you know what I mean.

Owners VS. viewers are different...If you own an NSX you know every flaw, if you do not own and only admire people with NSX's you seen nothing but pure excellence!!!

I had this same problem when I bought my '94 NSX.....dealer was hundreds of miles away, said the car was 'perfect' and 'spotless', yet it had all sorts of chips, a big dent, and scraped wheels when I got there. I bought the car....but the price went down once I got there and confronted them about the misrepresentation. Another reason it is good to check the car out yourself if you can.

There are PLENTY of MA people on this board, I'm sure had the guy who bought the quarter panel asked, one of us would have checked it out for him.

As far as buying a car sight unseen, I think it comes down to who you have inspecting it for you. In '97, I had Ken Sax inspect the '91 NSX I was planning on buying sight unseen, already knowing how anal he is about the NSX :). The owner claimed it was immaculate and had less than 11K on it. After Ken checked it out, he told me the only problems he found were loose radio knobs and the glass hatch shocks were going and to BUY IT. I did just that, though at that time the '91s were running high 30's on average and the guy wanted $43K.

I picked it up and it was indeed immaculate and worth the extra $$$.

91 X said:
I would NEVER buy any car, let alone an NSX sight unseen...
...but I would buy a car if it were inspected by someone else, as long as it's someone whose opinion I trusted.

Meeyatch1 said:
I had this same problem when I bought my '94 NSX.....dealer was hundreds of miles away, said the car was 'perfect' and 'spotless', yet it had all sorts of chips, a big dent, and scraped wheels when I got there.
And it had been in an accident, and the body repair was not exactly the best around, with rusty bolts holding the front fender on. (Before you bought it, someone in the area ;) took a look at it with a prospective buyer who decided not to proceed with the purchase.)

I think we need to hear from the people who looked at the car.
Its very easy to drive an NSX 1280 miles and cover the front end with rock chips and scratches.
Count yourself lucky that the chip on the roof isnt a hole in the windshield.
Not saying the person who drove it home for you didnt care but the difference between you driving your new pride and joy at 90mph in a clear section of hwy versus your buddy doing 90 on a trip with unfamiliar roads with lots of debris/ construction etc, it only takes a couple of miles of 90+ to do most of the damage you decribe.

Dont get me wrong, if indeed the NSX was misrepresented I feel for you, been there in a big way with resently purchased used parts, but unfortunately you didnt drive it home so you have a big unknown variable there.
:wink:

Ok guy's, I am moving on. I will be painting the bumper,hood, and fenders and maybe the top. I will be installing the wings west kit also. So lets move ahead. Thanks for all the insights. I will still enjoy my car. I will post pic's of the progress.

awwww don't take your dolly and go home.... we're not done ripping you! :tongue:

Just kidding, enjoy the ride.

Back