• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Comes Home!

Today was a good day. After two years away while we built our new home, the NSX returned to its rightful place. I think we now have a home befitting the car.

The two left side garage stalls are for the BMW and RDX daily drivers, and the right two are for the NSX and the soon to be brought up from Dallas 1970 Mustang Convert. 12-14' ceilings, drains, hot/cold water, vacuum system, epoxy heated floors, shaft drive doors that hug the front wall, separate electrical panels in each garage - its just about right. Now for the four lifts...

The driveway was finally installed and sealed last week, and today was the first day it could be driven on. So I did.

These pics show the street side courtyard. The other side of the house faces the Mississippi river, and is just incredible. Want to see it? Come on over.

Ahhhh, I can sleep better now.

PA126722-pp.JPG

PA126729-pp.JPG

PA126721-pp.JPG

More pics here.

WOW:eek: Ed, let me be the first to congrats you. What a beatiful house and of course the NSX looks stunning as always. I got to love those four car garages. I can't wait to check out your place in person:smile:

Thanks for sharing!
Eddy

holy shit that house is huge, for a house that size in my neck of the woods would be like 5 million +

i'm usually a apartment/condo dweller but damn that is a big house. congrats man.

Thanks all around. It was a ton of work, frustration and cash but it all came together pretty damned well.

As I have parking for 8 plus a boat now, I think I need to get a '69 Camaro again (sold mine 11 years ago and bought the NSX a week later), and a dedicated track car like the Ariel Atom, as at 6'-4" I don't fit into an Exige. My wife wants a new M3 and I may need something fun like an EVO as well.

Ha! - I've had a driveway for a day and already I want the thing packed with cars. God Bless America.

What a beautiful home Ed...congrats.

Jon

Ed,glad to see you all in your dream house! Having excess garrage space is such a nice luxury,and having the ability to wash em inside is great! We have been in our home for over a year now and we love it!

Ummmm WOW.

The house is fantastic! Thanks so much for the photos. Looks like a gorgeous place and I love that its right on the river as well. Given the gradient i'm assuming there isn't much of a flooding concern?

that must be a 20k square footage house you have there huh? :eek: i must admit, that's a really nice and simple-minded house you have there even though it looks extravagant. take care of that place! gonna be a lot of maintenance though for a house that big. :wink:

Ed, no rain gutters:confused:.Is the exterior drivit?

that must be a 20k square footage house you have there huh? :eek: i must admit, that's a really nice and simple-minded house you have there even though it looks extravagant. take care of that place! gonna be a lot of maintenance though for a house that big. :wink:

Looks like 6-7000 sq. ft. to me and very nice indeed.

NSXBuilder, From your username, I'm guessing you're a home builder? How involved with the floor plan were you? I've had some vacant oceanfront/intracoastal land for 5 years now and have myself drawn at least two dozen house designs to fit the irregular shape and the views available both front and rear. I still haven't settled on a final plan yet, but it sure is fun daydreaming about outfitting the garages just like you've done. Bravo!

David

All,

Thanks a lot - I still walk around the place and find it hard to believe that its real. Oh its owned by the bank for sure, but its nice that we have the ability to build something like this at the worst possible time and still be OK.

This home story goes back a few years, when we bought a river lot 20 min north of downtown Minneapolis - and decided to build a house that did the lot justice. Its like living in a park, but with a better view.

Its 5400 sq ft, plus the garages of course, three story with a full walkout. My office occupies about 2/3 of the lower floor, so the 'house' is right at 4000 sq ft. 4 bedrooms up, great room, kitchen and dining on the main, rec room and office on the lower. There's an elevator shaft plumbed but not installed yet, for when my knees go out or we need to care for a sick/elderly relative.

The design was a collaboration between a superb architect, my wife and myself. I have designed a few homes, including the last two I've owned, but I never claimed to be an architect. I'm all about the details...

David - Contact me and I'd love to chat about your vision for that property.

Answers:
1) NSXBUILDER is because I've done a ton of mods to my car, and thus, builder of NSXs.
2) I own a technology consulting firm that specializes in the ad, design and marketing space. We do everything from sell computers at the desktop to help business owners plan the growth and productivity of their companies - and everything in between - really.
3) Gutters are on the way! with a roof the size of the Super Dome, we'll need them!
4) I try to do everything "simple-minded", especially home design.
5) We are 38' above the river, and just up from a dam - which is awesome as they maintain the water level consistently all year, and they'll never let the water go over the top of the dam which is 20' below us, so we're flood-proof until God gets pissed again. The river here is 1/4 mile wide, 5 miles long until a bridge and 24' deep with no rocks or sand bars, and is know as one of the best ski/board rivers in the state. Our lot goes right down to the water's edge, and yes we can have a dock, but that and the boat are on next year's list.
6) The furniture is really excellent, and complements the the Mediterranean style perfectly. The ceiling of bedroom is lit with two coves of LEDs and its just, well, perfect. My wife batted it out of the park on the colors and furniture choices.

Nice, but why is your a/c Condenser off the ground?
Seems funny to me.
Don't come a knocking cause the house is a rockin!!!
lol
Trev

Back