• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX FIESTA: 20th Anniversary celebrations in Japan

Hello, I am very interested in this exciting opportunity!:)

Sorry to everyone,

I estimate NSX Fiesta 2010 will be held in the middle of November. I suggested these days below. So I show TENTATIVE plan to you. Date is NOT announced yet from HONDA. We can get correct date soon. If you have any requests or questions, let me know.

NSX Fiesta 2010 - 20th Anniversary celebrations event in Japan

Nov. 9 or 16(Tue)
Leave for Japan

Nov. 10 or 17(Wed)
"Prologue"
Arrive in Narita (NRT)
Move to Tokyo
Check in hotel. I recommend you to stay in Shinagawa, Tokyo.
(ex. Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa)
http://www.princehotels.com/en/takanawa/

Nov. 11 or 18(Thurs)
Group 1 "Tune Up"  Shop tour by chartered bus
1. Fuji Speed Way
2. NOVA
3. MUGEN
4. SPOON
5. MACS

Group 2 "Yokoso Japan" by chartered bus for ladies and kids
Sightseeing and shopping (Akihabara, Asakusa, Odaiba, Ginza and other place you want to visit).

"Welcome night in Tokyo"
Welcome party in Roppongi with NSXCJ members

Stay in your hotel in Tokyo.

Nov. 12 or 19(Fri)
"HONDA tour" by chartered bus
1. Nikko Shrine(historical place)
2. HONDA Collection Hall, Motegi
3. Activities in Twin Ring Motegi
Return to your hotel in Tokyo

Nov. 13 or 20(Sat)
Move to Nagoya by Shinkansen and chartered bus..
Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology
http://www.tcmit.org/english/
Nagoya castle

Staying in Suzuka circuit hotel

Nov. 14 or 21(Sun)
"Track event"
NSX Fiesta for 20th anniversary
1. Go karting
2. Driving on slippery track – Competition
3. Driving NSX (if you can drive RHD)
4. Group photo
5. Exhibition(display NSX goods)
6. others

Every kids can enjoy at amusement park near circuit

Banquet Dinner
Staying in Suzuka circuit hotel

Nov.15 or 22(Mon)
Group 1 "Technical event" for NSX owners,
NSX Fiesta for 20th anniversary
Factory tour at Refresh plan booth and lecture from HONDA
Move to Kyoto or Tokyo

Group 2 “Scenic tour” by chartered bus for ladies and kids,
Plan 1 Sightseeing scenic Ise and Shima.
1. Ise shrine
2. Pearl island
3. Toba Aquarium
Move to Kyoto or Tokyo

Plan 2 Sightseeing historical Kyoto
1. Kinkakuji temple
2. Ryoanji temple
3. Nijo castle
4. Fushimi shrine

Move and stay in Kyoto or Tokyo

Nov. 16 or 23(Tue)
"Farewell"
Check out your hotel
Move to Kansai(KIX) or Narita(NRT)
Leave from Japan

Help me!, Kye and Simon(g)

Very best regards,
Hirofumi

Last edited:
Plan looks fantastic. May I suggest (depending on others, of course) that earlier is better. Weather is still mild. Every week at that time of year is getting cooler. Nov 9 is fine, but even Nov 2 (if possible, is even better). If you need any assistance with anything, please let me know.

Plan looks fantastic. May I suggest (depending on others, of course) that earlier is better. Weather is still mild. Every week at that time of year is getting cooler. Nov 9 is fine, but even Nov 2 (if possible, is even better). If you need any assistance with anything, please let me know.

Sorry, NSXPO will be held on Oct. 28 to Nov. 1, and NSXCH will have their event on Oct. 30. So we have to select the date not conlict with them. Please accept these.

I think November is best season in Japan for visitors. Leaves color change beautifully.

Please remember, Date will be decided by HONDA. We only suggest to them.

Regards,
Hirofumi Tomiyoshi

Dear Hirofumi-san, Kye.

How are you? Long time no see nor talk! I just saw this thread and realized there are a lot of old-timers, er... vintage owners... rather the old gang in here. I am definitely interested, and would like to visit Japan and the Fiesta once again, if even just to get together with the old gang. Have you heard from Kase-san, and Suzuki-san?

Kindly keep us updated, and we all appreciate your efforts. I am really (pleasantly) surprised you are just as dedicated to the NSX community as you were when I first met you guys 15+ years ago!

Very best regards,

Alex V

Alex! how the heck are ya:biggrin: How is your nsx doing?

Sorry, NSXPO will be held on Oct. 28 to Nov. 1, and NSXCH will have their event on Oct. 30. So we have to select the date not conlict with them. Please accept these.

I think November is best season in Japan for visitors. Leaves color change beautifully.

Regards,
Hirofumi Tomiyoshi
Greetings Tomiyoshi-san,

I understand that the decision will be made by Honda.

However, I strongly recommend that you suggest to them that they do NOT have an event ending on November 23. Thursday, November 25, 2010, is the major holiday of Thanksgiving in the United States. This is the busiest traveling holiday of the entire year. It will be very difficult (and very expensive) for Americans to make reservations for flights leaving Japan November 23 (two days before Thanksgiving) and arriving in the U.S. November 24 (the day before Thanksgiving). This would make it impossible for many of us to attend.

I'm looking forward to seeing you again!

Best regards

Last edited:
It will be very difficult (and very expensive) for Americans to make reservations for flights leaving Japan November 23 (two days before Thanksgiving) and arriving in the U.S. November 24 (the day before Thanksgiving). This would make it impossible for many of us to attend.

Unless we decide to tour Japan for an extra day or two and travel on Thanksgiving Day, when air tickets are usually very cheap. That would mean missing Thanksgiving with our families, but for the 20th anniversary celebration I'd do it.

NSX 20th Anniversary Event in Japan

21 JAN 2010
Thursday

Hello Kye,

Because I am "computer challenged" and cannot remember how I made my last post within the past hour, I am, unfortunately, under the heading of "Post New Thread."

There will be two (my wife) in our party for the NSX Fiesta in Japan, once again, provided it is held in September 2010.

Your cooperation is most appreciated. Many thanks for everything.

All the very best,
Howard
Howard G. Singer
email: [email protected]
Mobile: 619-980-4586

Hello All,
We are getting close now to finding out the dates that Honda would like to have the event. Hirofumi san will take into account your comments regarding clashes with thanksgiving and nsxpo etc, but as said final decision is up to Honda.

I hope that by the end of February we will have the dates sorted. I am compiling a list now of people who are interested (finally) and want to thank you all for your interest and suggestions.

This is going to be fun.

More soon,
Best Regards
Kye

Hello

I am Nigel bryan, former president of Honda Sports Car Club in Australia. I own 2 NSXs and am VERY keen for my partner Lee and I to go to Japan for the 20th anniversary. I have been to both Motegi and Suzuka and indeed ridden a Superbike at Motegi. I have raced Hondas for many years and have a large collection of Honda motorcycles as well as the 2 NSXs and my partner has a S2000.

I suggest we stay one night at Motegi circuit hotel (which is excellent) as there is so much to see in the Collection Hall it took me 2 full days before. it is a truly awe inspiring collection of truly beautiful racing machines as well as improtant road bikes and cars.

I hope for those of us with extensive track experience (I have also raced in the Isle of Man TT and hold a record at a major circuit here) that we may have the opportunity to drive an NSX around Suzuka circuit. We may need 2 days at this tremendous circuit too.

My partner and I are hoping to meet soem NSX owners there as we are thinking of trying to buy a Type R, preferably a 2002.

We are VERY keen to come so please let us know details as soon as possible.

Best wishes

Nigel Bryan

PS one of my NSXs is an original built in 1990 so she is also 20 this year.

Regards,
Hirofumi Tomiyoshi

Hi Hirofumi san,

Long time no see. It has been 9 years since your last visit to Hong Kong NSX club.

I'll spread the news out and see if other NSX members from Hong Kong will also join. Me & my wife are interested to join. Pls keep us posted of the detail and exact date.

I'll be seeing Masahiro & Kumiko on 16/2 at Tokyo and going to drive Mote-la at Twin Rings Motegi before returning to Hong Kong the same date.

Hope to see you in the Fiesta again.

B.rgds,

Tom

Hello friends,

February is coming, but we do not receive the correct the date
of NSX Fiesta 2010 for 20th anniversary yet. I am very sorry to you.

I got the email from HONDA yesterday, so they said they will have
kick-off meeting for NSX Fiesta 2010 in the middle of this month.
I promise to inform the date of NSX Fiesta to you immediately,
with HONDA announcement.

I will meet and discuss with Mr. Uehara this weekend.
If I could get any information about this from him,
I will show the detail on this prime.

I appreciate for your patient.
I hope you understand my situation.

Best regards,
Hirofumi

Dear Hirofumi-san, Kye.

How are you? Long time no see nor talk! I just saw this thread and realized there are a lot of old-timers, er... vintage owners... rather the old gang in here. I am definitely interested, and would like to visit Japan and the Fiesta once again, if even just to get together with the old gang. Have you heard from Kase-san, and Suzuki-san?

Kindly keep us updated, and we all appreciate your efforts. I am really (pleasantly) surprised you are just as dedicated to the NSX community as you were when I first met you guys 15+ years ago!

Very best regards,

Alex V

Thanks, Alex.

Support me, please!(g)
I am looking forward to seeing you again in Suzuka.
Many Japanese friends welcome your coming.

Regards,
Hirofumi

Last edited:
Dear Hirofumi san,

Please, no need to apologize. We know you are working very hard for this event:).

BTW, I am in Osaka this week for a business trip. I will return to the US on Feb 6th. It was very short notice about my trip, next time we will plan dinner together again.

We look forward to your comment.

Best Regards,
LarryB

Hello friends,

February is coming, but we do not receive the correct the date
of NSX Fiesta 2010 for 20th anniversary yet. I am very sorry to you.

I got the email from HONDA yesterday, so they said they will have
kick-off meeting for NSX Fiesta 2010 in the middle of this month.
I promise to inform the date of NSX Fiesta to you immediately,
with HONDA announcement.

I will meet and discuss with Mr. Uehara this weekend.
If I could get any information about this from him,
I will show the detail on this prime.

I appreciate for your patient.
I hope you understand my situation.

Best regards,
Hirofumi

I want to go too!

Any chance we'll see Honda's HSV-010 GT in action? We have all seen it enough times on web videos. I hope to see it in person.

Notice the DOHC valve train is gear driven; not belt or chain, but gear driven (I wonder how they managed that?). Notice the 62.5mm piston stroke. Notice the 496 bhp from 3.4L displacement.

hsv-010_specs.gif

Quoting http://ww2.supergt.net/gtcgi/prg/NList02.dll/Code?No=NS014498&List=13

One point that we put a special effort in particular was the exhaust note. We wanted to provide "Honda sound" that is more sensual than NSX. In fact, we had an exhaust system that produced pretty good horsepower, but we gave it nay because it didn't 'sound good.' It was about 70% at the testing in December. And we haven't done a long (run testing), so we should focus on how the car matches with the tires.

Last edited:
NSX Fiesta 2010 will be held on Nov.21 and 22

Hello friends,

The date of NSX Fiesta for 20th anniversary is decided.
It will be held on Nov. 21(Sun) and 22(Mon).
This date will be announced officially from HONDA after kick-off meeting on this weekend.

Sorry for this delay.
Thank you for your patient.

I will revised and show you tentative plan you can enjoy staying Japan soon, not conflict with Thanksgiving holiday.

We welcome all of you.
See you in Suzuka, Japan on November.

Very best regards,
Hirofumi

Unfortunately, that will mean that travel arrangements for returning to the United States at the end of the event will be at the height of the Thanksgiving travel crunch. People leaving Japan on Tuesday will be arriving in the United States on Wednesday, the busiest travel day of the entire year. That's a BIG conflict. :frown:

Back