• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Holiday brunch Dec.4

Todd,
You'll be amazed at what a difference the quicker gear ratios make for your car. When I swapped out to a 6speed w/4.55's it felt like I had a new car to drive. I hope you have her back together in time for the get together!!

FeetFxr said:
My friend can give us a rate of $99 per night + an $8 mandatory hotel service fee at the Peabody. He has 6 rooms reserved at that price.

I've heard from DocL who wants one room for Sat. night. If you want a room please PM me your full "real" name and what night(s) you want to stay, King or Double beds.

P.S. My unsnapped, short gear, tranny is being shipped from SOS/Pheonix tomorrow and if it makes it in time I'll hopefully have the car for the brunch. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Anyone else need a room at the Peabody? I currently have reservations for:
1. MiamieNeSeX
2. NSX-Animal
3 Hugh
4 DocL
5 FeetFxr
6 MiamiMermaid

Last edited:
ARFNSXTC said:
Is anyone planning on attending from Atlanta? I am thinking about making the drive. Does anyone want to run with me?

I am staying in Athens for the winter and should be going to Florida that weekend for the PRI Trade show in Orlando. the PRI Show runs DEC 1-3 so orlando should be full of carnuts but might make it hard to find hotels. I am still working out my itinerary for that week.

well let me know how it all plans out. I know a couple of NSXs and one S2000 are going down either friday night or Saturday morning. We will all have a blast!

Just a quick note on the roads around the Windermere Country Club.

Windermere cops are notorious for pulling people over for doing 5 over the limit. Please be careful after you leave Rt.535 and get on Lake Butler Blvd.

Also, note that there are speed bumps on the main drive to the clubhouse. They can sometimes be hard to see in the shadow of the trees!!

Wei-Shen

FeetFxr said:
Anyone else need a room at the Peabody?

More available if needed :biggrin:

do you still have more available? if not i was thinking about hauling my NSX down with my motorhome. then the only problem is where to park the rig for the weekend.

Several of us are planning on playing golf on SATURDAY afternoon starting at 1230pm at Windermere Country Club. Please join us if you're in town a day early!

Greens fees for member guests are $55. Course is in great shape. Bring your A game.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you're interested.

Does anybody want to plan something for Saturday evening? Cart racing? Dinner?

Wei-Shen
22 NSXs and counting!!

nsx-ray said:
Several of us are planning on playing golf on SATURDAY afternoon starting at 1230pm at Windermere Country Club. Please join us if you're in town a day early!

Greens fees for member guests are $55. Course is in great shape. Bring your A game.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you're interested.

Does anybody want to plan something for Saturday evening? Cart racing? Dinner?

Wei-Shen
22 NSXs and counting!!

Wei-Shen

Most of the S Fl group will be there on Friday , and since I am not a golfer I am definatly up for a dinner get together on Saturday night.

Armando

Need some thoughts on dinner. Downtown Orlando? Disney? Universal?

Also, deadline for registration is 5pm TODAY!!!

Currently we are at 63 people and 31 cars (some are flying in from the Northeast and don't have their cars!).

Wei-Shen

Rachel's, I like that :biggrin: Downtown Disney is OK. Universal Citywalk has Jimmy Buffet's for the older people :wink: Citywalk also has Bob Marley's, NBA City, Hard Rock, and Emeral's. Downtown Orlando has Sam Sneads near the Waverly. There is also club Paris ( Paris Hiltons club ), bars, more clubs, downtown Orlando too. I game for anything. I will be up late :biggrin: Whatever you guys want to do.

brian

Any Tampa area NSX'rs that want to caravan give me a call on my cell 813-765-6330. We meet at my house about 2 miles off I-4 on exit 14. Just east of I-75. Takes us about an hour from there. We plan on leaving at about 10:15. Plan to be there bt 10.

For all the locals if you could give some recomendations as far as restaurant/bar/clubs. We are staying at the Peabody so something within crawling distance would be great. The S Fl group is planning on getting together for dinner and drinks Saturday night, all are welcome as soon as we figure out where. For those that dont golf there is a car event (PIR? PRI? something like that)going on at the convention center which some of us are planning on attending saturday morning.

Armando

Well are we getting a few cars together? My friends are coming up from
Miami and would like to meet us for dinner.

Thanks

MiamieNeSeX said:
For all the locals if you could give some recomendations as far as restaurant/bar/clubs. We are staying at the Peabody so something within crawling distance would be great.
Hey Armando,
Here are my recommendations for having a good time without having to drive all over Orlando.

There are a lot of nice places eat and drink on South International Drive it just depends on what you are looking for, but one of my favorites is Houlihan's at 9150 International Drive. Its only 3 blocks up (0.3 miles North) of the Peabody on International Drive (On your left as you go north), almost directly across the street from Wonderworks. So its within walking/staggering :wink: distance from the Peabody, and a decent place to meet up with everyone.

Good Food, good drinks (full bar), great wings, good atmosphere, and decent prices. Its a good place to meet and eat close to the Peabody before hitting the clubs. They also have nice angled parking on the side of the building that makes it just about impossible for someone to easily ding your car, but if you drive an NSX there make sure to take the street right before or after it that loops around the back to enter, because the entrance from the front is pretty steep (nose scrape city). :eek:

As far as clubs go, I always end up at "The Groove" or the "Latin Quarter" over at Universal's Citywalk. You can share a cab over from the hotel (its only 4 miles/6 minutes away) or you can take your NSXs and park in Universal's parking garage (free after 6pm). If I were going to have fun (drink) though I would leave my NSX at the hotel and do the cab thing. For less than $10 each way, its one less thing to think about.

Of course you can always just meet up at Jimmy Buffet's or the Hard Rock at Universal and skip Houlihans and then hit the clubs, but personally I find the resturants at Universal to not be that good (other than atmosphere), and a bit on the rip-off side on price.

MiamieNeSeX,

What kind of places are you looking for?

I-Drive has pointe orlando with a couple clubs but not my favorite place to go. I-Drive intersects with Sandlake and there are some nice restaurants around there, Samba room(turns into a salsa place at night), Seasons 52, Moon Fish Grill(same people that own charlies, excellent seafood and steaks) cafe tu tu tango, tapas size dishes with cuisine from around the world, cool place. City walk has Emerils, pain to get a reservation I hear, and there are bars and clubs in there, Groove, Bob Marley's, Pat O Brians, Motown Cafe, mix of tourists and locals. Downtown has a bunch of bars and clubs mostly locals. Zinc - little more upscale, plays house/techno, nice place, rhtymn and flow is about the same. Wallstreet, six bars, has a band in the street and six clubs all slightly different, hip hop or top 40, all kinds go there , room 39 plays 80's. Tabu large dance club, typically a younger crowd. There is also Blue Matini at the millenium mall, mix of old and young people some rich...some pretending to be rich...ok once in a while. Personally I prefer downtown as I can walk to several places that are different from each other. Oh and there is Roxy's too which is not bad but won't get busy until about 11:30 or 12, thats by itself as well.

Hope that helps, if you want more specific recommendations let me know.

See you Sunday,

Carl

Hey Carl,

Zinc, Tabu, and the other downtown clubs are great, but do you know of any place that you would feel comfortable parking your NSX at downtown? A cab ride from south International up to Orange Ave would be a total rip, thats the only reason why I didn't recommmend the downtown area.

Back