• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX OEM parts= becoming extinct?

I am concerned. The visors, for instance, are hard to find. I read after market companies can't fix them, or has anyone attempted to make them...

Might have to sell my NSX simply because it's too hard to get parts... :frown:

That's why I ordered a full set of replacements when they were still available. New and in the plastic. :)

Not sure what your source is for this info, but this is not really true. The fact is 1991-96 brakes NEVER had a rebuild kit, you had to buy the parts individually, and I just checked and ALL parts are available. 1997+ kits are also available per my query 10 minutes ago:).

There is actually a VERY limited group of parts NLA at this time. ALL are unique to 1991-94 ONLY, like white seat covers, grey(half-black)interior panels, throttle cables, etc. Common maintenance parts, like coolant hoses that are 1991-94 only are readily available at this time.

Regards,
LarryB
Larry, you are right. It is a good thing they were not available. Those kits are for a '94. I have a '91.

Ok, lets not panic

Throttle cables are gone , but we had them easily reproduced here in the USA
$140.00 each
Manual steering racks are gone, but there is a rebuilder in Miami who can R&R it and do the bushings in the main housing
Interior parts ,ARM REST, pk bk handle, door panels,dash, glove box, panel under steering column, steering wheel etc,can be recovered, including visors by 928leather.com
Steve Ghent, nsx4track@aol does ALL the ball joints.and they are as good or better than the OEM
RC engineering can rebuild our injectors
World pac,,,TALL OIL FILTERS<Wheel bearings, Brake,Clutch slave and master cylinders , outer tie rods , front swaybar links,intake gaskets.

SOS Chris/ jeff has a AMAZING supply of NSX parts, esp engine and tranny pts
Shad Driving ambition, axle rebuild kits that are the best Ive seen
Parts Authority, starters and altenators

I will add more when I can
Let me know if anyone needs something , Im the SUPER HOARDER

Last edited:
How about non-essential driving components, such as wheel liners for the wheel wells? Or the rubber seals for the windows / doors that can costs thousands even when available? Or the flip down visors?

Where can one get those? All the little plastic / rubber pieces that are needed but rarely, worry me.

I also need to restore my trunk struts, fortunately there are options for that...

That's why I ordered a full set of replacements when they were still available. New and in the plastic. :)

I wish I could do that... no space for all that stuff, nor do I wish to spend money and have rubber / plastic parts sit in the heat in my garage.

Last edited:
Ok, lets not panic

Throttle cables are gone , but we had them easily reproduced here in the USA
$140.00 each
Manual steering racks are gone, but there is a rebuilder in Miami who can R&R it and do the bushings in the main housing
Interior parts ,ARM REST, pk bk handle, door panels,dash, glove box, panel under steering column, steering wheel etc,can be recovered, including visors by 928leather.com
Steve Ghent, nsx4track@aol does ALL the ball joints.and they are as good or better than the OEM
RC engineering can rebuild our injectors
World pac,,,TALL OIL FILTERS<Wheel bearings, Brake,Clutch slave and master cylinders , outer tie rods , front swaybar links,intake gaskets.

SOS Chris/ jeff has a AMAZING supply of NSX parts, esp engine and tranny pts
Shad Driving ambition, axle rebuild kits that are the best Ive seen
Parts Authority, starters and altenators

I will add more when I can
Let me know if anyone needs something , Im the SUPER HOARDER

Who is the guy in Miami rebuilds steering rack? I need to rebuild it since it started make metallic noise over bumps. I guess the bushing inside is worn. Do you still have his number?

Well there are some parts here and there that become hard to get but i must say it isn't that bad,

We can/do still order pretty much all kinds of OE parts although we import directly from Japan, where most parts are in stock even NSX-R.

Honda Europe is one huge mess, huge back-orders and a lot isn't available anymore trough them.

If your restoring a classic legend then your in trouble, getting OE parts for them isn't easy even some major components aren't available anymore but then again they are 21-26 years old.

axles are always a pita, although i do know years back some one did modify KA drive shafts to fit.
manual steering racks are still available from Honda they aren't even that expensive iirc, we head new ones here not that long ago.

Last edited:
Just FYI there is no law on the books saying a manufacturer has to provide parts for a car once it is out of production.

There is an urban legend about the law, but it essentially was just company policy for GM cars for a period time, but it isn't advertised anymore. Of course many car manufacturers due provide parts long after a car stopped being manufactured (Honda is usually good about this).

That said it is a problem which is starting to hit both S2000 and NSX communities about the lack of parts, but as others have stated, there are plenty of options when and if something does go wrong. The NSX shares a lot of architecture with other Honda/Acura cars and it really isn't that complicated to replace anything on the car.

Just FYI there is no law on the books saying a manufacturer has to provide parts for a car once it is out of production.

There is an urban legend about the law, but it essentially was just company policy for GM cars for a period time, but it isn't advertised anymore. Of course many car manufacturers due provide parts long after a car stopped being manufactured (Honda is usually good about this).

That said it is a problem which is starting to hit both S2000 and NSX communities about the lack of parts, but as others have stated, there are plenty of options when and if something does go wrong. The NSX shares a lot of architecture with other Honda/Acura cars and it really isn't that complicated to replace anything on the car.
shortage of S2000 parts? that's a new one never ran in to any trouble with S2k's...

Looking through the attic today I found a set of NEW IN THE BOX IVORY FLOOR MATS for my 1991 NSX. I know these are not available anymore.

I miss the old stock Yokohama tires. Last time I checked Tirerack, I was excited to see four available, until I read further and noticed that they were all lefts :mad:. The Bridgestones are fine, but I prefer the Yokos.

I miss the old stock Yokohama tires. Last time I checked Tirerack, I was excited to see four available, until I read further and noticed that they were all lefts :mad:. The Bridgestones are fine, but I prefer the Yokos.

You should try the Kumhos Ectsa XS then...They handle really well.

Ok, lets not panic

<wheel bearings,="" brake,clutch="" slave="" and="" master="" cylinders="" outer="" tie="" rods="" ,="" front="" swaybar="" links,intake="" gaskets.="">Im the SUPER HOARDER

I'm interested in contact info for the steering rack rebuilder too! Super hoarder is pretty funny :biggrin:
</wheel>

They do not have a lot of overall grip.
I've never heard anyone else make that claim. What are you comparing them to, R compound track tires? Because compared with other extreme performance tires, they have similar grip, and compared with any other street tires, they have much more overall grip.

I have these tires. They are okay but to say the handle well... handle well compared to what? They do not have a lot of overall grip.

I will clarify my statement... they handle well compared to other tires in the same performance category. I had them on OEM wheels and I felt they were almost as good as the much acclaimed factory yokos.

Who is the guy in Miami rebuilds steering rack? I need to rebuild it since it started make metallic noise over bumps. I guess the bushing inside is worn. Do you still have his number?

I PM'd redbird92 as sometimes these questions can get buried in the forums. Here's what he sent me:

The bushings in the housings wear out
call this rebuilder, they are in Miami
1-800-880-3098

I won't be able to send my rack out until December or perhaps even January. If you decide to send yours in earlier, please let me know!

S2000 OEM hardtop.

The S2000 hardtop was sold by Honda as an accessory, it was not a standard OEM part for regular S2000s. It was a standard part on the S2000 Club Racer and if you own a CR you can still order a replacement hardtop directly from Honda, they still have stock. Honda won't sell you a hard top unless you have proof that you own a CR and can show that your hardtop was stolen/damaged/etc. so that they keep enough stock around for CR owners. I'm not sure how long they'll be available for though... so I might put hardtop locks on my CR :wink:

The S2000 hardtop was sold by Honda as an accessory, it was not a standard OEM part for regular S2000s. It was a standard part on the S2000 Club Racer and if you own a CR you can still order a replacement hardtop directly from Honda, they still have stock. Honda won't sell you a hard top unless you have proof that you own a CR and can show that your hardtop was stolen/damaged/etc. so that they keep enough stock around for CR owners. I'm not sure how long they'll be available for though... so I might put hardtop locks on my CR :wink:

So what you're saying is, if an S2000 owner isn't allowed to order an accessory hardtop, but OEM CR owners can, then the only option for non-CR owners to get one would be to steal one off a CR. bummer:frown:

Back