• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX OEM parts= becoming extinct?

Lately I have been reading about and checking part #s about certain OEM NSX parts and some turned out to be discontinued.

Some parts off the top of my head:

-Zanardi trunk mat
-certain interior parts for 91-94 models
-just read about the last rear fender that was just bought on N. American shores
-02 head lights have an unknown back order date *for now*
-original long style OEM oil filter

they say the manufacturer has to keep making the parts for 15 years after the car goes out of production, but it seems like the main parts warehouse is always low on stock

not trying to make people panic, but what else do you guys think will become discontinued?

Thats why for the past 2 years i been collecting parts that i currently don't need :biggrin:

I hear you man, I need 2 front head light 2002 for a build of mine and you just made me worry.

I am sure SOS or another company may step up to the plate and start making after market NEAR oem parts for us.

so guys if you can swing it buy another NSX and keep it as a parts car for you baby. LOL

and plus one on that I have more parts than I know what to do with.
like who has 3 oem mint steering wheels? sitting new in the box.

or 3 sets of mint OEM bose speaker boxes

or 2 perferated e-brakes, 2 center consoles, 3 glove boxes,

I am starting to think I am a hoarder. LOL

I hear you man, I need 2 front head light 2002 for a build of mine and you just made me worry.

I am sure SOS or another company may step up to the plate and start making after market NEAR oem parts for us.

so guys if you can swing it buy another NSX and keep it as a parts car for you baby. LOL

Perfect e brakes brand new? Heard they are not cheap at all. Especially for those who want a newer looking e brake cover

Yo Shawn i am in need a black glove box! :D

NSX parts are guaranteed by Honda for a long time. That is why they offer the refresh program that costs almost as much as a Civic Type R.

What ever is not in stock in the US will be shipped from Japan directly probably because of the cost of stocking these parts (they are not cheap and will take up real estate space). Some parts are made to order only like the Gauge Clusters, center consul, sticked parts.

Since earlier NA1 shares many parts with NA2, naturally there is no point of keeping those on the list.. I'm sure there are and will be some minor parts that will no longer be available because of the good aftermarket support.

Last edited:
Thats why for the past 2 years i been collecting parts that i currently don't need :biggrin:

Me too. Funny that I saw this today, as I was just at the Acura dealership picking up my 6th new in the box OEM front lip so that I have plenty in inventory. You can tell they are not in US stock anymore, because this was the first one I received that had all sorts of Japan based shipping company labels all over it. Previous boxes did not have this, and my parts guy was saying he is pretty sure that there are no more in US warehouses.

NSX parts are guaranteed by Honda for a long time. That is why they offer the refresh program that costs almost as much as a Civic Type R.

What ever is not in stock in the US will be shipped from Japan directly probably because of the cost of stocking these parts (they are not cheap and will take up real estate space). Some parts are made to order only like the Gauge Clusters, center consul, sticked parts.

Since earlier NA1 shares many parts with NA2, naturally there is no point of keeping those on the list.. I'm sure there are and will be some minor parts that will no longer be available because of the good aftermarket support.

Do you have some kind of insider knowledge? I see no reason for Honda to keep the parts rolling. The refresh plan could cause Japan to hoard their parts so they can keep this program running longer.

Me too. Funny that I saw this today, as I was just at the Acura dealership picking up my 6th new in the box OEM front lip so that I have plenty in inventory. You can tell they are not in US stock anymore, because this was the first one I received that had all sorts of Japan based shipping company labels all over it. Previous boxes did not have this, and my parts guy was saying he is pretty sure that there are no more in US warehouses.

And you did get a 1997+ front lip;).

Regards,
LarryB

brake caliper rebuild kits have not been available from Honda for about a year now. Most brake rebuild companies can still rebuild them though.

brake caliper rebuild kits have not been available from Honda for about a year now. Most brake rebuild companies can still rebuild them though.

Not sure what your source is for this info, but this is not really true. The fact is 1991-96 brakes NEVER had a rebuild kit, you had to buy the parts individually, and I just checked and ALL parts are available. 1997+ kits are also available per my query 10 minutes ago:).

There is actually a VERY limited group of parts NLA at this time. ALL are unique to 1991-94 ONLY, like white seat covers, grey(half-black)interior panels, throttle cables, etc. Common maintenance parts, like coolant hoses that are 1991-94 only are readily available at this time.

Regards,
LarryB

Brake caliper kits:
Honda/Acura dealer told me
01463-SL0-00 Front kit
04173-SL0-00 Rear kit
were both no longer available.

I just called to see how much a throttle cable was and it was like 1500
and on permanent back order.

what does " permanent back order " really mean??? NEVER?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, it will be painful for a few years and then 3rd party companies will pick up the slack, this has happened to other platforms and the NSX will hardly be the last.

And as far as I know there isn't anything special about the NSX throttle cable other than being really long, I would imagine you could get one of those made by a bicycle shop or something.

I am concerned. The visors, for instance, are hard to find. I read after market companies can't fix them, or has anyone attempted to make them...

Might have to sell my NSX simply because it's too hard to get parts... :frown:

If there is demand, someone will make it.

For example, you can get replica parts for everything except the rear axle to build an entire Model-T. And the only reason you can get the rear axle is because of "kit car" limitations related to road worthiness and safety laws.

Do you have some kind of insider knowledge? I see no reason for Honda to keep the parts rolling. The refresh plan could cause Japan to hoard their parts so they can keep this program running longer.

It is not so much of insider knowledge but something I have read through NSX books and through personal experiences.

From this point on, you will see a lot of OEM NSX parts shipped directly from Japan when you order them through your local Acura dealers. The boxes will have Air Mail stickers all over when you get them.

NSX parts done fly off the shelf and there is no point of stocking them here in the U.S. It will only take up spaces.

As for the concern of some parts like brake calipers mentioned earlier, there are aftermarket solutions, or maybe they can be rebuild?

BTW, that why Honda started the Modulo program as part of their NSX parts extension and you no longer need to have an NSX-R to get that suspension (but in a different color).

Engine parts, suspension, brakes, transmission, radio, speakers, panels will continue to be in stock.

They may stop making the R/S mesh engine covers and dress up parts, but crucial parts will be there. In fact, they still have parts for the 1995 Legends.

Last edited:
I just called to see how much a throttle cable was and it was like 1500
and on permanent back order.

what does " permanent back order " really mean??? NEVER?

1.5k:eek: when I had to replace mine a few years back it was like 200 bucks. But that was about 10 years ago

Back