• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX OR LF-LC concept

That Lexus in 2 years will look dated, That lexus is not MR ...

enough said.

Easily the NSX Concept!

The design has really started to sink in.

Sure, it looks like the child of a Gallardo and an R8, but it also looks better than both of them... and the 458 Italia... and the McLaren MP4 12C...

I actually think it looks better than anything currently out there.

And the more i look, the more NSX dna i find in the design aswell. The head lamp design is an obvious nod to the old NSX front combination lights, and the front hood has the same lines and elevated humps over the wheel arches.

Easily the NSX Concept!

The design has really started to sink in.

Sure, it looks like the child of a Gallardo and an R8, but it also looks better than both of them... and the 458 Italia... and the McLaren MP4 12C...

I actually think it looks better than anything currently out there.

And the more i look, the more NSX dna i find in the design aswell. The head lamp design is an obvious nod to the old NSX front combination lights, and the front hood has the same lines and elevated humps over the wheel arches.

The MP4-12C IS what the new NSX SHOULD have come out looking like...it's NEW...it's a cool SPORTSCAR, and it's XPERIMENTAL......& it ROCKS!

The MP4-12C IS what the new NSX SHOULD have come out looking like...it's NEW...it's a cool SPORTSCAR, and it's XPERIMENTAL......& it ROCKS!
But it wont and im glad.

Its easily the least stylish of the bunch, but on the other hand so was the NSX when it first arrived in 91.

This interior is soooo '70's...those pedals look like they swiped some extra miscellaneous kitchen utensil parts off the shelf at from Williams-Sonoma, and the seats are direct old-school kit car style. :D

This is what happens when you let nostalgic Americans design your interior :wink:

Woodgrain will give you splinters :tongue: That interior's material and palette choice is holding it back big time. Also the seats are just plain terrible.

I am confident that when the NSX 2 gets an interior, it will look better and be more ergonomic. Unless Honda lets the US team take a stab at it lol like what Lexus did

Hopefully because the interior of the lexus reminds of a speedboat.:smile:

I personally think the McClaren is a butt ugly car. The side grills are hideous. The car reminds me of the ugly Saleen. Car will not age well for sure. The new NSX is really growing on me. Clean design that might not be timeless like our originals but still a nice up to date design...Of course the 458 Italia has them all beat as of now. Curious to see what they are going for in 2-3 years. I think that Ferrari has the potential to be a classic. The best looking Ferrari since the 355.

Last edited:
But it (McLaren MP4-12C) wont and im glad.

Its easily the least stylish of the bunch, but on the other hand so was the NSX when it first arrived in 91.

Been in one? I have.

Experience one "in the flesh"...you will like it. Just wish it, and the 458 & Enzo, came with manual transmissions. :)

Also, re-read what you wrote: "but on the other hand so was the NSX when it first arrived in 91."

Type-R scheme MP4-12C...

Last edited:
How can you even compare the two of them?? :confused:
The new NSX actually looks like a sports/super car whereas the LF-LC is just hideous and that interior is just as fugly.

NSX all the way.

I personally think the McClaren is a butt ugly car. The side grills are hideous. The car reminds me of the ugly Saleen. Car will not age well for sure. The new NSX is really growing on me. Clean design that might not be timeless like our originals but still a nice up to date design...Of course the 458 Italia has them all beat as of now. Curious to see what they are going for in 2-3 years. I think that Ferrari has the potential to be a classic. The best looking Ferrari since the 355.

Same thing i thought when i saw it, bland. Kind of reminded me of the trial bodykit for the last toyota mr2(S)

Lexus' idea of exotic is a bling-bling version of something like an IS-XXX. Essentially it looks and feels like an expensive version of their already existing cars. There is nothing exotic about them.

I am going to watch very closely in the next few years, but right now I'd pick the next-gen R8 or LF-LC over NSX. I am a lead analyst in automotive business and a NSX owner, and I have my reasons to say that. Honda started to lose its market share since 2009; Acura did even worst than Honda. However, they didn't start panicking, until recently. So what caught my attention, as a owner is that Honda/Acura started to cut development budget to save cost. The "ALL-NEW 2012 CRV" is a good example. Everything in that car is carried over from the previous CRV. There is nothing new about that vehicle. A 5-speed automatic is simply laughable even in a Hyundai, and Hyundai managed to do better than that. That said, it will probably be enough for Honda to apply the HSV technology to the new NSX, for now. But in three years it can easily be blown away by its competitors. Audi is growing so quickly that we see more Audi parts, technology, and platforms in Porsche and Lamborghini than ever. That will provide a head start for R8. At the end, it will of course depend on the price and performance of the NSX, but right now I am really concerned about how Honda will put this car together. We already know that Honda will not invest in the same scale of our NSX, but if they just "put together" a car instead of really invest in building it, I will not buy it. I simply refuse to throw in $100k for an Acura badge.

Honda/Acura no longer holds the same image they once did in the late 90s and earlier this century. Honda has been lacking their sportier lineup, and they will not be able to flip that over night even if they try to. It will be very hard for Honda to price the new NSX. At a higher price, it will fail regardless in battling the 120k competitors at performance and market share. Buyer at this price range will also be more likely to pursue the more exotic brands. At lower price range, it will failed at its performance(however it can be categories as the new GREEN SPORTS CAR, whatever that means). Honda has failed at satisfying high-end loyal customers like us, and it looks to me that they are, and will continue to reap the whirlwind.

I am going to watch very closely in the next few years, but right now I'd pick the next-gen R8 or LF-LC over NSX. I am a lead analyst in automotive business and a NSX owner, and I have my reasons to say that. Honda started to lose its market share since 2009; Acura did even worst than Honda. However, they didn't start panicking, until recently. So what caught my attention, as a owner is that Honda/Acura started to cut development budget to save cost. The "ALL-NEW 2012 CRV" is a good example. Everything in that car is carried over from the previous CRV. There is nothing new about that vehicle. A 5-speed automatic is simply laughable even in a Hyundai, and Hyundai managed to do better than that. That said, it will probably be enough for Honda to apply the HSV technology to the new NSX, for now. But in three years it can easily be blown away by its competitors. Audi is growing so quickly that we see more Audi parts, technology, and platforms in Porsche and Lamborghini than ever. That will provide a head start for R8. At the end, it will of course depend on the price and performance of the NSX, but right now I am really concerned about how Honda will put this car together. We already know that Honda will not invest in the same scale of our NSX, but if they just "put together" a car instead of really invest in building it, I will not buy it. I simply refuse to throw in $100k for an Acura badge.

Honda/Acura no longer holds the same image they once did in the late 90s and earlier this century. Honda has been lacking their sportier lineup, and they will not be able to flip that over night even if they try to. It will be very hard for Honda to price the new NSX. At a higher price, it will fail regardless in battling the 120k competitors at performance and market share. Buyer at this price range will also be more likely to pursue the more exotic brands. At lower price range, it will failed at its performance(however it can be categories as the new GREEN SPORTS CAR, whatever that means). Honda has failed at satisfying high-end loyal customers like us, and it looks to me that they are, and will continue to reap the whirlwind.

Please show me/link to this $100k price you speak of.

You're stating a $100k price tag, please show me where Honda has said so.

Ah, of course you wouldn't answer my question because you're here to be argumentative instead of communicative. You're here to give a hard time to whoever with any negative feedback, no matter how small about the new NSX. Well, unless you have a talk point, I am sorry that I am not interested in responding.

Ah, of course you wouldn't answer my question because you're here to be argumentative instead of communicative. You're here to give a hard time to whoever with any negative feedback, no matter how small about the new NSX. Well, unless you have a talk point, I am sorry that I am not interested in responding.

But... you just...did.
You're throwing out a figure out there as if it were fact. We dont know much about the new NSX so how can one even make a comparison other than looks alone at the moment. For all we know, this car can be cheaper than the old NSX, or it could very well be $150k+

MotorTrend

Styling StandOff, NAIAS-Style: Acura NSX Concept vs Lexus LF-LC Concept
Acura-NSX-and-Lexus-LF-LC-concepts-623x389.jpg

Though it’s difficult to pick just one star of this year’s 2012 Detroit auto show, the Acura NSX and Lexus LF-LC concepts definitely attracted their shares of attention, and for good reason. The 2 low-slung concepts represent exciting showroom stars that are sure to get people in dealerships if production versions of the sporty cars are ever built. Until that happens years from now, let’s engage in some armchair styling critiques of the 2 dualing Japanese luxury brand sports cars.

The NSX concept would definitely win the “Most Improved” award for the Acura brand. From the front, the Lexus LF-LC concept is the bolder car, even when you ignore that arresting red paint. The exaggerated spindle grille with huge chrome accents is a little over the top, but what do you expect on a Detroit show concept car? Acura’s latest NSX concept is more subdued and the brand’s power plenum grille appears to be evolving nicely. We’re more partial to the Acura’s spear-style lower front fascia accents, but we can see why some might prefer the Lexus’ LED daytime running lights and interesting headlight surrounds.

Moving to the concepts’ sides, the Lexus is again features the more dramatic body, with an upswept rear quarter window and side scoop near the doors.

From behind, the Lexus has more attitude, though some might suggest that’s because Acura’s concept could be the more production ready of the 2. Stacked exhaust pipes are a visual highlight on the Lexus while the Acura has cool LED taillights with an LED bar running the length of the trunk lid.

It’s hard to compare the 2 cars’ interiors because, well, the Acura concept doesn’t have 1. So tell us: which of these two concepts catch your eye, the Acura NSX or Lexus LF-LC?

Acura-NSX-Concept-front-three-quarters-1024x640.jpg

Lexus-LF-LC-Concept-front-1024x640.jpg

Acura-NSX-Concept-front-profile-1024x640.jpg

Lexus-LF-LC-Concept-front-grill-1024x640.jpg

Acura-NSX-Concept-side-view-1024x640.jpg

Lexus-LF-LC-Concept-passengers-side-view-1024x640.jpg

Acura-NSX-Concept-rear-three-quarter-view-1024x640.jpg

Lexus-LF-LC-Concept-rear-view-1024x640.jpg

Acura-NSX-Concept-rear-1024x640.jpg

Lexus-LF-LC-Concept-rear-profile-1024x640.jpg

Saw them both today and in my opinion it's not even close. NSX all the way!!! When I saw pictures of both earlier I thought the Lexus looked a lot better. But after seeing them in person, the NSX is much smaller, and the lines of the mid-engine car versus the ridiculously long front end of the Lexus make it no contest as to which one looks more exotic. Pictures of the NSX really don't do it justice. I was a bit neutral after seeing pictures earlier this week, but after seeing it today I'm a big fan.

Many felt the same about the Enzo at the time it came out. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as the saying goes...

Yeah, they never should have climbed into a bed with ford...it hurt their image.

New NSX still looks like, as others have also concluded, looks like a Camaro & an R8 mated...

I went to the show the other day, and I thought both of them looked great. In this case, I would have to go with the Lexus. I am absolutely in love with that car, I think it is drop dead gorgeous, everything about it.

Chris

I hate to say it, but the Lexus is the better looking and the more advanced concept car by FAR. The details are much more exotic (never seen 3D taillights like that!!) and showcase "outside the box" thinking that far outreaches this rushed, panicked, and R8 copied "NSX" concept. The NSZ doesn't even have an interior. And the other two cars that Acura brought were utter trash. I don't even like Lexus's L-Finesse theme very much but it is developing much better than Acura's "beak and edges everywhere" theme, though it still does not work well on sedans at all (witness the new GS). If Acura wants to "advance" they need to change directions first, IMO. And why is it they can't be original? They desperately need a homerun for this car and copying the R8 does not help their case.

Minus the predator mouth, me think the Lexus Lc lines are more exotic than the new on the other hand, I think the lfa looks like crap

Last edited:
Back