• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX OR LF-LC concept

Hey guys,
Now we have seen both cars, which car you will buy?
The new gen NSX or Lexus LF-LC concept? I kinda like the LF-LC concept a little more for now, what do you guys think?

I disagree with you guys. I personally prefer the mid engine layout, and the overall profile of a mid engined super car like the new NSX just looks more exotic.

I also disagree about the exotic comment. The LF-LC would be more convenient with 4 seats and larger trunk - but that also makes it less exotic :wink:

Owning both would compliment each other well.

At least the Lexus HAS an interior. :cool:

214515-lexus-lf-lc.jpg

Damn i could roll this to cars and coffee. Its not perfect, but it looks better than the new nsx. Im getting sadder by the minute.:frown:

<embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/377000756" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1376675858001&playerId=377000756&viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://console.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>

Woodgrain will give you splinters :tongue: That interior's material and palette choice is holding it back big time. Also the seats are just plain terrible.

I am confident that when the NSX 2 gets an interior, it will look better and be more ergonomic. Unless Honda lets the US team take a stab at it lol like what Lexus did

Hey guys,
Now we have seen both cars, which car you will buy?
The new gen NSX or Lexus LF-LC concept? I kinda like the LF-LC concept a little more for now, what do you guys think?

The Lexus looks too big as far as cars go...like the GTR.

Lemme compare the 2nd gen / 2nd teaser concept NSX (HSC was the first & they never built it...so how do we know this will be any different...) again to see if I can draw a size comparison...there's nothing like seeing a car in the flesh to get a feel for it...

I was actually shocked to see how bloated the GTR is compared to the NSX...

Last edited:
I agree 100%, thats why I like the lexus more for now!!:tongue:

Meh...Lexus openly admits that they market to...and pander to women...like they're admitting that their cars are intended to be "chick cars".

They're still "Toyotas with leather" in my book...with one heck of a marketing department!

Honda started the "high-line" Asian car market by inventing Acura...the rest are merely copy-cats...after they saw Acura take off like a bottle-rocket for 5 years.

Woodgrain will give you splinters :tongue: That interior's material and palette choice is holding it back big time. Also the seats are just plain terrible.

I am confident that when the NSX 2 gets an interior, it will look better and be more ergonomic. Unless Honda lets the US team take a stab at it lol like what Lexus did

Look carefully, it's not wood it's brown microfiber/suede. :wink:

I also disagree about the exotic comment. The LF-LC would be more convenient with 4 seats and larger trunk - but that also makes it less exotic :wink:

Owning both would compliment each other well.

I'd get an LF-LC while keeping my NSX:cool:

It's another 3 years or so for the new NSX, if honda is not going to BS us around, again.

No the poo color suede is not what I am talking about. I meant the brown marble-like panels. It's either wood-grain or puke-splat marble. Either way, the vomit color theme is making the interior look worst. They could have gone with a classic grey, white or even light tan. Black would be fine too.

That would have helped and not distract or make you think of vomit

I saw both yesterday and was wasn't close sportiness wise. Lexus doesn't seem interested in building the car so that cooled me off a bit. I loved that it was a fully functional car and the tech in it was awesome.

It was definitely more coupe than sportscar although they called it a sportscar at press. The NSX will be closer to it's concept than the Lexus would be to a production car version of that concept.

One thing that Lexus was doing that Honda was lagging in was screen size. The screens in this and new Lexus were 12":eek:

I do hope this will be more than a design exercise for Lexus. Oh yeah and that Honda doesn't abort NSX 2.0 ....AGAIN lol. J/K since they announced where it will be built a buddy on the manufacturing side told me he knew a few months back it was confirmed for production and that it would be built in Ohio. So just a waiting game now.

I think the LF-LC is disgusting. It sure looks exotic, but not in a good way. Entirely too many sharp angles and odd lines.

I like the NSX 2.0 much better. It looks more like a super car and the LF-CL looks more inline with the next gen Supra. Both are cool but mid engine is a supercar requirement for me.

I just hope they all use the GTR as the performance benchmark.

mid engine is a supercar requirement for me.

+1

Supercars don't have front engines...and a sports car doesn't have four doors. :D

At least the Lexus HAS an interior. :cool:

214515-lexus-lf-lc.jpg

This interior is soooo '70's...those pedals look like they swiped some extra miscellaneous kitchen utensil parts off the shelf at from Williams-Sonoma, and the seats are direct old-school kit car style. :D

With all the bitching about the 'beak' on the NSX, I can't believe that people like the beak/front end of the LF-LC. That is the most fugly central grill I've ever seen.

Meh...Lexus openly admits that they market to...and pander to women...like they're admitting that their cars are intended to be "chick cars".

They're still "Toyotas with leather" in my book...with one heck of a marketing department!

Honda started the "high-line" Asian car market by inventing Acura...the rest are merely copy-cats...after they saw Acura take off like a bottle-rocket for 5 years.

Not sure if serious:biggrin:

Not sure if serious:biggrin:

Yes, serious.

ALL "high line" cars of any manufacturer are really nothing more than their base line cars "with leather"...plus some other added gizmos the are just more stuff to break down.

Honda has Acura...Nissan has Infiniti...Toyota has Lexus...Fiat/Maserati has Ferrari...Volkswagen has Porsche :D...Audi has Lamborghini, Chevy has Cadillac...Suburban/Trailblazer HAD Hummer H2 & H3, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep (I wish they'd PICK a name!) HAD Mercedes-Benz, Ford has Lincoln....etc...the list goes on...

And, yes, Lexus openly admits that their primary market is "women and minorities" (let's NOT even go in to a discussion about that one...this IS NOT a place for that...their words...I'm just repeating them)...hell, Chevy once even admitted that their F-body (Camaro/Firebird) was specifically marketed to the "sh!t-kickers" (aka: trailer park crowd...but that does kinda fit) :D

I've just never really been a Lexus fan...they're "O.K.", but severely over-priced for what you get...unless you include the Kleenex they include to wipe off all the lipstick they cover your back side with whenever you visit their dealerships. THAT's what marketing is all about kids! - butt-smooching! ...and making one happy they over-paid for a "high-line" version of a car.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule: NSX, LFA, etc...

Last edited:
Back