• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX parked next to a ________ thread for size comparos

I was out on a zip around the city this weekend when I saw a tiny car in my rearview- it was a silver Caterham Super 7. Now that is a small car!

We drove in parallel for a minute to check each other's cars out, gave each other a thumbs-up, and went our separate ways. It must have been a sight to see: two rare cars no taller than 4 feet, both with loud exhausts, and both silver, ripping down the road.

[Sorry, no photo]

Hope this SUV doesn't need to back up suddenly. See how high his rear view mirror is? He doesn't even know we're there.

If you've got a low car:
- don't tailgate
- don't drive in people's blind spots
- don't drive near big rigs, buses, and other large commercial vehicles
- don't be shy about using your horn
- avoid other tailgaters
- always be aware of safe escape paths in case you need to swerve out of someone's way
- use your lights, even if it isn't completely dark yet

Be like a cat trying to maneuver through a room full of dancers...

NSX behind SUV.jpg

Even if you are not lowered. You should still keep away from SUV. They won't see us even at normal height. Either be in front or 2 - 2 1/2 car length behind any surrounding vehicle.

I for one hate tailgaters. Even when people drive slow, I always stay 4 car lengths behind. Wheather it be in my nsx, my van, my mdx, or my 5 series. Tailgaters cause accidents....

Hope this SUV doesn't need to back up suddenly. See how high his rear view mirror is? He doesn't even know we're there.

If you've got a low car:
- don't tailgate
- don't drive in people's blind spots
- don't drive near big rigs, buses, and other large commercial vehicles
- don't be shy about using your horn
- avoid other tailgaters
- always be aware of safe escape paths in case you need to swerve out of someone's way
- use your lights, even if it isn't completely dark yet

Be like a cat trying to maneuver through a room full of dancers...

View attachment 125195
Your paint looks incredible! Excellent job.

Japan ICONS

attachment.php

Two ICONIC Japanese cars... My 04 NSX and my friend Xavier SUPRA...Enjoy it!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Bernie NSX-1.jpg

Last edited:
attachment.php

My recently acquired 94BB next to my 97FR

Really not liking what I'm seeing here...(insert "fat chick in every crowd" joke here)

Really not liking what I'm seeing here...(insert "fat chick in every crowd" joke here)

All the magazines say the new car looks better in person than it does in photos but ... I don't know, I tend to agree with GBL1. I really do want to like it but I'm having trouble warming up to it.

Not to hijack this thread into a "bash on NSX 2.0" diatribe, but I think I finally nailed why so many are having an issue with it...besides Honda resurrecting the name NSX, it bears no traits or family resemblance to the original...AT ALL!

Even when Nissan brought the Z car back with the 350Z, you could see the lineage coming through.

Last edited:
Correct. And bash away, they deserve it for desecrating the name.

Now here's an on topic pic Colin took

b8988a2a6766252254adb61cdb6b2b0a.jpg

I really like the new nsx. I think it is modern, clean, and subtle. Kinda like the old version was. But I think if you compare them side by side, the are strikingly different. Now that being said, would I drop 150-200k on one? Hell to the no. I'd buy a McClaren instead.

I really like the new nsx. I think it is modern, clean, and subtle. Kinda like the old version was. But I think if you compare them side by side, the are strikingly different. Now that being said, would I drop 150-200k on one? Hell to the no. I'd buy a McClaren instead.
The new NSX does look great! The McClarens are fantastic too but I would pick Japanese Engineering over British or Domestics for cars priced in the same range in a heart beat. This is purely based on a quality stand point. At $150 - $200K you're looking to get the McClarens 570 or 540. I can guarantee over a 10 year period you will spend way more in repairs and maintenance on the McClarens than the NSX. Porches and R8s would be the main competition for me in that price range. Then again it's all relative. There are those that just simply want cars based on what they represent to them. Cost of maintenance and reliability don't supersede their affinity for a particular brand. It's often also because they can very easily afford the associated costs of ownership. If I was spending in that range, I have to carefully evaluate the cost of upkeep before I take the plunge. Hence why I would pick the NSX.

The new NSX does look great! The McClarens are fantastic too but I would pick Japanese Engineering over British or Domestics for cars priced in the same range in a heart beat. This is purely based on a quality stand point. At $150 - $200K you're looking to get the McClarens 570 or 540. I can guarantee over a 10 year period you will spend way more in repairs and maintenance on the McClarens than the NSX. Porches and R8s would be the main competition for me in that price range. Then again it's all relative. There are those that just simply want cars based on what they represent to them. Cost of maintenance and reliability don't supersede their affinity for a particular brand. It's often also because they can very easily afford the associated costs of ownership. If I was spending in that range, I have to carefully evaluate the cost of upkeep before I take the plunge. Hence why I would pick the NSX.

I agree with your post very much as I would prefer Japanese engineering as well. However, my only concern is when it needs maintenance, you bring it to an Acura dealer who specializes in Tlx's and "that kind of thrill." Would you really trust pulling in the service port in something that costs as much as a condominium? If you had say, a McClaren or comparable car yes the maintenance would be higher but I fear it would be treated just like an mdx. Which I own an mdx. I love it, but we are taking a very expensive car here. I would be very uneasy driving it in to Acura just as I fear with my 91.

I agree with your post very much as I would prefer Japanese engineering as well. However, my only concern is when it needs maintenance, you bring it to an Acura dealer who specializes in Tlx's and "that kind of thrill." Would you really trust pulling in the service port in something that costs as much as a condominium? If you had say, a McClaren or comparable car yes the maintenance would be higher but I fear it would be treated just like an mdx. Which I own an mdx. I love it, but we are taking a very expensive car here. I would be very uneasy driving it in to Acura just as I fear with my 91.
I know what you mean. I used to feel the same way about dealer service centres but I guarantee you that Acura like with its predecessor will have NSX service certified techs. They wont be available at all dealerships. Rather only the ones that have high inventory movement. They will undergo specialized training and you will pay more for them to work on your car. Remember however that this isn't any different from what McClaren or Ferrari or any of the like are doing. The main difference is that all techs are trained to work of the cars. Point and example, I know a gentleman the once worked at Honda. He now services cars at one of the local Porche dealership. He sent me a pic of himself working on 918 lol. He is a skilled Mechanic. It's only a matter of training in areas where required.

Back