• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R, NSX Type S Zero, Type S Production Numbers

NSX-R NA1 (483)
NSX-R NA2 (152)
NSX S Zero (30)
NSX NA2 Type S (248) 209 of which are 97~01, 39 of which are 02+
NSX-R GT (5)

Credit to Detlef/Procar
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
USSpec NSX production#s 1991~2005
Sebring Silver=467
Brookland Green=260
Red=3577
GrandPrix White=486
Berlina Black=2790
Midnight Peral=87
Long Beach Blue Pearl=88
Silverstone Metallic=449
Kaizer Silver=148
Imola Orange=49

Credit to Ben and FAQ

Last edited:
Good info. Thanks!

Anyone got a pic of the NSX-R GT?

Here we are.. the rare and elusive NSX-R GT

Attachments

• nsxrgt05_01.jpg
    nsxrgt05_01.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,032
  • nsxrgt05_02.jpg
    nsxrgt05_02.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,044
  • nsxrgt05_03.jpg
    nsxrgt05_03.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 981
The side view looks horrible....

Regards,

Danny

Here we are.. the rare and elusive NSX-R GT

Thanks! Boy thank God those were just excessories. Makes the car look like K.I.T.T on the last season of Knight Rider:wink:

It just looks wrong...
Someone who got that car and didn't know it was so rare would probably take off half the stuff they added to it.

NSX-R NA1 (483)
NSX-R NA2 (152)
NSX S Zero (30)
NSX NA2 Type S (248) 209 of which are 97~01, 39 of which are 02+
NSX-R GT (5)

Credit to Detlef/Procar

Great info! Does that 1997 to 2001 NSX S number include the Zanardi's or are those separate?

Thanks.

Otto

It just looks wrong...
Someone who got that car and didn't know it was so rare would probably take off half the stuff they added to it.

Seeing how only 5 were built, and sold for roughly US$500K each, I think whoever has one knew exactly what they were buying. :)

It just looks wrong...

I believe that the body mods were primarily done to achieve some type of homologation for the Super GT series. From Road and Track:

Because JGTC cars must be homologated with production cars, Honda needed to create this road car so they could make radical changes to their JGTC racers. Okay, so Honda plans to sell only five of them...but it qualifies under JGTC rules as a production car.

The new car is longer and wider than the stock NSX (188.6 in. and 78.3 in., respectively), but most other dimensions stay the same, such as overall height, wheelbase and front and rear track widths. The major change here is the carbon-fiber body, designed to create all kinds of downforce. There's a snorkel on the rear hatch, but for the production cars it's non-functional. The engine is largely left alone, with no major tweaks to the suspension either.

This is a car that was created for the sole purpose of fulfilling a requirement in the JGTC rules. Honda wants to win these races and is serious about it. Whether it sells the NSX-R GT is secondary...although we hear one order already has been received.

The new car is longer and wider than the stock NSX (188.6 in. and 78.3 in., respectively), but most other dimensions stay the same, such as overall height, wheelbase and front and rear track widths. The major change here is the carbon-fiber body, designed to create all kinds of downforce. There's a snorkel on the rear hatch, but for the production cars it's non-functional. The engine is largely left alone, with no major tweaks to the suspension either.

Stated by Road and Track regarding the "body" are CF. I believe the panels are, not chassis. Because I saw the Japanese brochure, the Weight is listed identical as the Standard "R," which is at 1270 kg. Perhpas the weight savings helped compensate for the Snorkel, large F/R bumpers and other add-on's.

Offhand, does anyone know how to read the JDM Chassis #s?

For example, we know that for US models, 5S000123 would be 2005 car, #123rd built.

I'm looking at a 2005 Japanese Type-R plate now, and it has this format:

R****
20000**

Chassis # is NA2-20000**

Anyone know how to decode this?

Great info! Does that 1997 to 2001 NSX S number include the Zanardi's or are those separate?

Thanks.

Otto

I believe it all depends on whether the production numbers shown are WORLDWIDE production figures or JAPANESE DOMESTIC figures. I'm convinced that it's the former and that 51 of the 209 (1/4ths) Type S produced from '97-'01 are Zanardi's, which makes them rarer to find in Japan than previously thought. AFAIK, the only Type S available outside of Japan are the Zanardi editions available exclusively in the U.S.

Hmm.....come to think of it, save for 2 (or 3, including Button's own car?) NA2 Type R's that made its way to the British Isles, there aren't any other performance-enhanced version NSX's available OUTSIDE of Japan beside the 51 Zanardis.

Last edited:
USSpec NSX production#s 1991~2005

Sebring Silver=467
Brookland Green=260
Formula Red=3577
GrandPrix White=486
Berlina Black=2790
Midnight Peral=87
Long Beach Blue Pearl=88
Silverstone Metallic=449
Kaizer Silver=148
Imola Orange=49

Missing a few colors. The #s might not be 100% correct as I added them year by year manually.

Credit to Ben for 99~05#s and FAQ for 91~98 #s

Back