• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx Replacement Designers Are Stuck

Sorry Blade, looks like a Corvette to me.

MY INPUT: Those who've heard me, I'm for the PROCAR NSX design. I wouldn't mind the HSC with a tad of the mods seen photoshopped here.

That Ferrari concept kinda looks like the HSC a bit.

The Funny part is....who is Honda listening too?

FOCUS GROUP PEOPLE: Why not get some Honda people in here and do a Live Chat or something? With the right feedback, they can get a car that will calm that prancing horse. V10! Nice.

Really? I dunno....I saw this in Nukem's Avatar. Then found out it was originally designed by Major Stoner. Personally, I prefer a coupe; however, THIS is a gorgeous car. I don't think it looks much like a vette at all. The ProCar NSX doesn't look very much different from the original NSX does it? Can someone photoshop the HSC to have some ProCar cues to your liking? I'm curious to see your vision of how the next NSX should look.

Better economy, TONS more torque, simplified mechanics, bullitproof engineering, cleaner than gasoline if desulfured properly, and likely the future of a lot of our cars.

One of my co-workers turbo-charged his diesel truck. I asked him about fuel economy and diesel itself. He says that he runs a mix between Vegetable or Other Organic Oil and the Diesel for even better MPG and Power.:confused: Is this what Honda is Planning:smile:

In a way I am glad Honda Designers are sweating while they work on the looks of the NSX replacement. They realize now that the level of expectations for a replacement of the NSX are VERY high. They realize that just another design like the ASCC will not do. I showed the ASCC pictures to some of the nurses at my office to see what they thought about the way the ASCC looked. They all found it to be good looking in a generic way but nothing special in an exotic sense. The NSX they consider very sexy.

I am hopeful that they will come out with a design that will do justice to the current NSX and Honda pride. Let me think positive :wink:

Sorry Blade, looks like a Corvette to me.

MY INPUT: Those who've heard me, I'm for the PROCAR NSX design. I wouldn't mind the HSC with a tad of the mods seen photoshopped here.

That Ferrari concept kinda looks like the HSC a bit.

The Funny part is....who is Honda listening too?

FOCUS GROUP PEOPLE: Why not get some Honda people in here and do a Live Chat or something? With the right feedback, they can get a car that will calm that prancing horse. V10! Nice.

Don't see much of the Corvette in the pic at all. And I wouldn't mind the Next NSX looking something like this

Come on Honda...we really need to get back to something like this:

Acura_HSC.sized.jpg

This is such a great looking car. The only things I would change is slight style changes to the side-scoop (slightly bigger i.e. taller) and the roof lines on the back side of the cockpit - I always thought the rear window looked odd. And of course, a V10 with 500+hp. Now that would be a next gen NSX to me.

This is such a great looking car. The only things I would change is slight style changes to the side-scoop (slightly bigger i.e. taller) and the roof lines on the back side of the cockpit - I always thought the rear window looked odd. And of course, a V10 with 500+hp. Now that would be a next gen NSX to me.

Why not V-8 with 500hp...but since Honda/Acura have already been researching the V10 I guess it will be V10

Why not V-8 with 500hp...but since Honda/Acura have already been researching the V10 I guess it will be V10

+1

Honda should use a V8 in the HSC. I remember reading somewhere, a Honda Rep saying that a V8 or V10 would negatively effect the balance of the NSX due to it's weight. I'm not mechanic, but a V8 should be lighter than a V10 no? I'm sure they could've squeezed a V8 in the HSC. IF NOT, then use a V6 that would give 350+ hp. I know that's not enough to compete with the others i.e. LF-A, GT-R, however, the NSX was no slouch at 290 hp now was it:cool:

If it's light enough, i'll be happy with a V6, but yeah a small high revving V8 would be even better.

Honda is complicating this way too much,
Comptech supercharge the 2002 body with some HSC like new bumpers and a Cantrell wide body, install Moton's and sell it for 120k and well will all be happy.

OR someone forward the picture below to Honda before they screw it up again.
If ford can sell 150k MR cars than Honda should not have a problem.

They also failed in culture when it was not presented the prototype white like all legendary prototype type-r's instead of the common prototype GM silver. At least that would have made our unrelated supposed NSX replacement slightly more true to the brand.

Here's Honda to do list,
Make it MR,
Present prototype in Type-R white.
Keep up with the ZO6 and GTR.
Copy Ferrari's styling again.
Keep it under 3200lbs

DO N0T
Don't make it Front wheel:mad:
Don't present in anything but Type-R white.
Don't be slower than the GT-R
Don't ever, ever, again copy corvette styling:mad:
Don't build a 3800lb pig

I'll take an HSC with a V6, and bring the TypeR to the U.S.
This is what I want.
HSCTypeR.jpg

That is true, but not too many under 3000 lbs. :wink:

I know, I know - I always look at hp/weight ration in terms of hp per ton myself. Too often perhaps...

It just needs to have enough power to not get left behind by a 2008 RS6 station wagon ;) Which is kind of sad, since most stock cars will. :)

I love both sedan power beasts and nimble sports cars concepts so this forever going competetion is just great for me.

If AUDI can make a V10 w/ 580 hp why can't Honda...

The NSX ended in 2005. Someday there might be another car with that name(NSX)but right now, it's over.

I'd be surprised if there ever will be another car with that name or any Honda/Acura named successor to the NSX at all.

Last edited:
Sigh. Their big V10 is fine because they will be able to absorb it's cafe numbers with the diesel , hybrids , hydrogen and regular gas engines they have which already have great fuel economy. The other manufacturers have to cut back because the majority of their vehicles are gas guzzlers and they have to make cuts to pretty much the whole of their fleet. Again Honda has leeway here and can actually afford a V10 in the future whereas they cannot.

Remember Honda is working to make sure their V10 exceeds the NSX in fuel economy. My NSX has great fuel economy if they can exceed that with a larger engine with more power I'll give it a shot.

No doubt that Honda can "afford" a gas-guzzler engine in a low-volume car - their overall CAFE numbers will likely still be the highest in the industry. My point was that a large V10 might have an image stigma in 2010, especially if GM and Ferrari go to smaller engines.

Are you suggesting that a Honda 5.5L V10 is going to get equal or better gas mileage that the NSX? LOL. A Gallardo coupe - 5l V10, AWD - gets a combined EPA 13 mpg. A V10 from Honda might be a mile or two better, but its not going to get to 18 or higher.

No doubt that Honda can "afford" a gas-guzzler engine in a low-volume car - their overall CAFE numbers will likely still be the highest in the industry. My point was that a large V10 might have an image stigma in 2010, especially if GM and Ferrari go to smaller engines.

Are you suggesting that a Honda 5.5L V10 is going to get equal or better gas mileage that the NSX? LOL. A Gallardo coupe - 5l V10, AWD - gets a combined EPA 13 mpg. A V10 from Honda might be a mile or two better, but its not going to get to 18 or higher.

Not suggesting it Honda themselves said that the new V10 would exceed the NSX in fuel economy. Lambo has never been a company that cared about fuel economy plus they don't have Hondas resources. Even Audi has never been that big into fuel economy as they have some of the worst cafe out there.

When it comes to fuel economy Hondas not the company to bet against!

Their current plat forms are so boring it's sad. The TL is great but it's not sporty. The RL has some cool features but it's simply outclassed by the competition on almost every aspect. The MDX is the only acura vehicle I'd even recommend to most people I know, and I have owned MANY acuras. Imagine how lame it must look to people that aren't biased towards acura!?!?
Have MDX, also like TSX. 6-spd version is what I'll probably go for when I get around to replacing my Accord (don't like current TL or American version of Accord - both too big).

1989 called and is curious where these HIDs & viper fuel cap came from.

HSC + efficient 400-500hp v8/v10 + no more weight = good start
(though something McLaren F1-ish with the rear pilar/glass/hatch might be an improvement - man I still love the F1)

Last edited:
HSC + efficient 400-500hp v8/v10 + no more weight = good start
(though something McLaren F1-ish with the rear pilar/glass/hatch might be an improvement - man I still love the F1)

HSC + ~4.0 V8 + 2800lbs (wasn't its dimensions smaller than the NSX)

How does that sound?

Would you guys prefer transverse engine with a trunk like the NSX or longitudinal mounted engine with a smaller trunk/no trunk?

Would you guys prefer transverse engine with a trunk like the NSX or longitudinal mounted engine with a smaller trunk/no trunk?

Smaller trunk/no trunk is fine w/ me. They could even leave some space up front for a small duffel bag, etc for the weekend getaways. I don't need space to carry golf clubs; that's what the SUV, sedan, etc are for.

Back