• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

NSX Specific HID kit NSXPO2005 Specials

Count me in for a 6000k

PM me your info so I can send a deposit.

MM

Of course you would like 6000K - they're most blue :tongue:

Steve, the check's in the mail and it will come in your mailbox (or mouth or whatever that saying is...)

Jeff A said:

Steve, the check's in the mail and it will come in your mailbox (or mouth or whatever that saying is...)
:biggrin:
Slightly blue in appearance from head on but with clear white light visability from behind the steering wheel. :cool:

Cool-

Im in for the 5300 Kit...do I send it PAYPAL??

MIke

5300K -or- 6000K... for sharp white light w/ blue'ish halo?

whiteNSXs said:
The most legal look will be 4100k but I think it is a little too yellow for my taste. Your NSX has already projector headlights so these work perfectly without any further modification. I think 5300k will fit your bill. The result looks very stock but is just much brighter with same focused beam pattern. It is bright, and white but not too white. I personally use 2 sets of 6000k on my NSX because they are just very very white at night and look absolutely high-tech. I don't like that blue glow from rice-rockets at all.
Steve

hmmm... Steve, I've read so many favorable reviews on your "hobby" of offering the NSX community a fabulous HID kit. So now I'm quite intrigued!

I am seeking a very, very white HID (I like the term: polar ice-like) w/ some blue halo-like effect... I have a Berlina black NSX so i think that's the route I would like to go. Which kit is the best fit for me, 5300k or 6000k :confused:

Just to educate myself on various kits (as per color/etc), what's your opinion on these kits:
Link: JDM Acura NSX 91-01 Xenon HID KIT [Ebay Store] 9006: 6000k
(something's gotta give... quality? reliability? performance? etc!)

I totally concur w/ you about the overly coloured HID's that have purple or blue'ish haze to them and look like spotlights you'd find in a night-club! Brilliant white light w/ a crisp blue demarcated border would be perfect. I've been incredibly patient w/ mod's but this seems like immediate gratification!

Thanks.

Jeff A said:

Actually, the 6000k is just very very white at night. There might be a tinge of blue at a certain angle. But if you are in front of the car or behind the wheel, all you see is a bright white color.
Steve

Climberao said:
What is the coverage on the 5300k? Does it cut off at the sides or have the same or similar coverage to the stock headlight? I have noticed that some kits tend to offer better brilliance but less coverage. If the coverage is the same or similar then I am in for a 5300 kit. Does the 6000 kit appear to look beyond legal? I want to convert to the HID but want to stay as legal as possible, in NJ they are rather strict about aftermarket lighting changes since we go to State inspection stations for our annual reviews.

It sounds that these kits are incredible. Thanks Steve for making them available and simple to install :biggrin:
The HID will have the same beam pattern as the stock set up since all the optics of the stock set up is retained except for the light source which is 2.5 times as intense. 4100k and 5300k will fill your bill nicely. If you want 5300k, I will order a set for you. IMO, the NSX looks so upmarket that one would expect it to have HID stock. No one else will notice the mod except us.
Steve

Re: 5300K -or- 6000K... for sharp white light w/ blue'ish halo?

Osiris_x11 said:
hmmm... Steve, I've read so many favorable reviews on your "hobby" of offering the NSX community a fabulous HID kit. So now I'm quite intrigued!

I am seeking a very, very white HID (I like the term: polar ice-like) w/ some blue halo-like effect... I have a Berlina black NSX so i think that's the route I would like to go. Which kit is the best fit for me, 5300k or 6000k :confused:

Just to educate myself on various kits (as per color/etc), what's your opinion on these kits:
Link: JDM Acura NSX 91-01 Xenon HID KIT [Ebay Store] 9006: 6000k
(something's gotta give... quality? reliability? performance? etc!)

I totally concur w/ you about the overly coloured HID's that have purple or blue'ish haze to them and look like spotlights you'd find in a night-club! Brilliant white light w/ a crisp blue demarcated border would be perfect. I've been incredibly patient w/ mod's but this seems like immediate gratification!

Thanks.
Hi, the price of that eBay kit is good but I really don't know its quality and performance. I think the 6000k is what you need. I have been using Mcculloch kits which have been very reliable. There have been a few components that failed unexpectedly but I see that as exception. Of course I fully support the aftersale if problems arise.
Thanks,
Steve

I looked around a bit and found these pictures showing the different HID colors/temps. Seems to agree with what Steve said. And I have heard that Mcculloch kits are of good quality - not cheapo bargain stuff. All sounds good to me.

Attachments

• HIDColors.jpg
    HIDColors.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 841
One more Question...

Do these kits come with some sort of warranty?? like 30 Days, 1K miles?? If we busted a bulb/ballst, can we order it from you?

Mike

Steve,

Please put me on the list for a 6000k kit ($410). I PM'ed you about a week ago regarding purchasing one of your kits, but I didn't hear back from you. I did not see this thread, however.

Let me know if you can make a kit for me, and how you'd like payment.

Mike

Mojorator said:
One more Question...

Do these kits come with some sort of warranty?? like 30 Days, 1K miles?? If we busted a bulb/ballst, can we order it from you?

Mike
I offer 6 months warranty on the kit. I am doing this within the community. Since HID is not legal in this country, I know for a fact that many vendors don't actually honor any warranty since it is not enforceable. Ask me how I know. :mad:
BTW, the HID that I sell are only for show purpose only and for off-road use. Any illegal use is not my responsibility yada yada yada.
Steve

Any maintenance required for this? New bulb every couple year..etc? Also, I am very tool-challenged, can I do the install myself?

I am very interested in the kit, but like to know what I am getting into.

thanks for any answers.

SilverOne said:
Any maintenance required for this? New bulb every couple year..etc? Also, I am very tool-challenged, can I do the install myself?

I am very interested in the kit, but like to know what I am getting into.

thanks for any answers.
Hi David,
The kit is very very easy to install as many people have reported/feedbacked. No wire to splice and nothing to modify. Just plug and play after removing the headlight. According to the manufacturer, the HID bulbs should last at least twice as long as the halogen bulbs. The current price for a HID bulb is $60. The PIAA Superwhite bulbs are $40 each. So HID is not expensive at all for the 2.5X more intense lighting. By the time one need replacement parts. The components should be much cheaper then.
The bulbs should last years.
Steve

Sign me up for the 5300K kit.

I had a Philips 6000K kit for my MR2 Spyder, and I thought it was a little purple for my taste. I am sure the 5300K will be excellent.

Regards,

David

Hi guys, I need to wrap this up and have an accurate headcount to determine exactly how many kits to order. If you have not responded to my payment info PMs and sent a check, I will not count you unless you respond by Friday 7/01/05. Thanks for your support.
Steve

Steve -

I finally convinced the wife to let me spend more money on the NSX. Count me in for a 5300 kit. Where do I send the check?

PS - Thanks for continuing to offer what appears to be an amazing kit to the community at such a fair price. I can't wait to get the HID's on the car and lose the horrible OEM halogens.

im sorry if this question has been asked before, but can this HID kit fit right into the 02 head lights?
as if i were to use them for me 91 lights and later when i convert to 02, will i able to use the same kit?
thanks,
Greg

NSXchnk said:
im sorry if this question has been asked before, but can this HID kit fit right into the 02 head lights?
as if i were to use them for me 91 lights and later when i convert to 02, will i able to use the same kit?
thanks,
Greg
It all depends on where you get your 2002+ headlights. The USA version is HID already so my kit will not fit. I think the JDM headlights have options of either halogen or HID. If the halogen one use 9006 bulbs then my kit will fit. In fact my kit will fit many other cars that use 9006 bulbs.
Steve

In for 6000K... I pm'd earlier!

hmmm... As per my pm earlier, I'm all in for 6000K setup @ the group-buy price! :biggrin:
I'll make payment promptly. Thanks again, Steve.

I'm in for the 5300 kit :biggrin:
I'll paypal this evening

thanks

Back