• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs RX7

I wonder if he installed heavy aftermarket wheels? I switched from the PO's Blitz 03's to some TE-37's and the handling difference was like night and day.

when i took off my momo's i noticed the stockers were a dramatic improvement as well...

nsxtrailor.jpg

that's not the flatbed for a broken car, but rather to take a "real" sports car to the track. ;)

Oh so the RX7 must be taken for show ,because all they do is break down at the track. They do make for nice show cars ,be great if they could actually make it all the way to the show w/o breaking down:wink:

that's not the flatbed for a broken car, but rather to take a "real" sports car to the track. ;)

Hmmmm.:cool: Its all fun and games till some one blows a head gasket and your spewing your fluids all over the pavement.:rolleyes:

Yep that's the one that you can track and still drive home under it's own power. The other one....not so much:wink:

Seriously though you do know and understand that the NA2 NSX is faster than the FD and Supra TT. You kinda act like you don't.

Yep that's the one that you can track and still drive home under it's own power. The other one....not so much:wink:

Seriously though you do know and understand that the NA2 NSX is faster than the FD and Supra TT. You kinda act like you don't.

Faster in what sense? Top speed? 0-60, ET, around the track? Better not let the SupraTT guys see this. They might challenge you for pink slips.

There is one thing that I will give the RX7 credit for (based on mine and other owners' experiences). Pop the apex seals and you can still race it and beat many cars (it will loop like you had a cam job).

Crack the apex seal and it will idle rough, but unlike piston counter parts a blown engine on a RX7 means you can still drive it home (and in my case, for years). A blown piston engine almost means a tow bed.

Faster in what sense? Top speed? 0-60, ET, around the track? Better not let the SupraTT guys see this. They might challenge you for pink slips.

Stock for stock check magazines. Toyota slipped a ringer by sending mags the preproduction Supra TT out for tests w/o cats. You don't see production models dipping below 5 secs for the 0-60. Yes the NSX is faster around the track stock for stock. NA2 NSX is faster 0-60 ,1/4 ,but the Supra is better for brakes. I don't mind if they see this how stock Supras are left out there?

There is one thing that I will give the RX7 credit for (based on mine and other owners' experiences). Pop the apex seals and you can still race it and beat many cars (it will loop like you had a cam job).

Crack the apex seal and it will idle rough, but unlike piston counter parts a blown engine on a RX7 means you can still drive it home (and in my case, for years). A blown piston engine almost means a tow bed.

Okay then what seal is it that causes them to blow black smoke every where? because I see that one going almost every time I see one. Everytime my buddy's have been looking for them the ad's are always full of cars that have either the engine replaced or the turbo's or both. These are cars that don't have high miles so why does this particular seal go so often?

Better not let the SupraTT guys see this.
Too late, tread jacking alert. RX7, Supra minus the wing, NSX are the only 90s Japanese sports car in America that I find highly desirable. It would be nice to own all 3at once.

Not bad for stock. Stock for Stock, NA2 NSX still have very slight edge, almost a toss up.
6-cd3-93.jpg

I never owned a RX7 but i got a '97 M3 and a '92 civic si with a B18C1 (GSR motor). Both the M3 and Civic seems to pull 10 times harder than my NSX but at the 1/4 mile track i ran high 13's in my M3 and 14 flat in Civic. I don't know why but my NSX still run a low 13 all day long.

Too late, tread jacking alert. RX7, Supra minus the wing, NSX are the only 90s Japanese sports car in America that I find highly desirable. It would be nice to own all 3at once.

Not bad for stock.
6-cd3-93.jpg

I would to own one with V8:
IMG_5976.jpg

That's the one that didn't have cats. Check all C&D's after this and you'll notice it rarely gets past 5.0 0-60. This seems to be the test everyone remembers ,but everyone forgets the others.

I never owned a RX7 but i got a '97 M3 and a '92 civic si with a B18C1 (GSR motor). Both the M3 and Civic seems to pull 10 times harder than my NSX but at the 1/4 mile track i ran high 13's in my M3 and 14 flat in Civic. I don't know why but my NSX still run a low 13 all day long.

Got any more pics of ur NSX with the black rims. Thinking about doing the same thing, although my original plans were to have the entire rim black like my FD.

Oh so the RX7 must be taken for show ,because all they do is break down at the track. They do make for nice show cars ,be great if they could actually make it all the way to the show w/o breaking down:wink:

WOW! So, I guess most of you NSX owners are hardcore track runners... LOL! Have any of you ran in the SCCA solo national level racing? because every year, FD RX-7 make it on there.. Even last year!
I've yet to see NSX win in any class. Before some of you assume that NSX is a better track car, go learn about FD RX-7s. There are many 7 owners who have broken track records and such..

Here is a result from last years SCCA solo event

http://www.scca.com/News/News.asp?IdS=07CA10-E6B7130&Id=899&~=

Ick gad, it's a friggin' response to the obvious "needling." Way to blow it out of proportion.

I'm fairly sure not a lot of NSX owners enjoy sitting out for hours to enjoy 2 minutes of total track time at an AX.

WOW! So, I guess most of you NSX owners are hardcore track runners... LOL! Have any of you ran in the SCCA solo national level racing? because every year, FD RX-7 make it on there.. Even last year!
I've yet to see NSX win in any class. Before some of you assume that NSX is a better track car, go learn about FD RX-7s. There are many 7 owners who have broken track records and such..

Here is a result from last years SCCA solo event

http://www.scca.com/News/News.asp?IdS=07CA10-E6B7130&Id=899&~=

Well it only showed two RX7's one the page you gave. Both of those were "prepared" cars and not street stock. So in the class of regular stock cars running there were no RX7's either. Since your SCCA friendly I found that the NSX won the SCCA World championship once has the RX7 ever won it? I don't see anywhere that it has. If you find the link please show me. Thanks. Oh and I'm the first to admit too many NSX owners are garage queens , but that's by choice not because it's broken.:wink:

You mean apex seal for piston o-rings.

Head gaskets would be tantamount to side seals....

You misunderstand the point of my comment. I am talking about the source of likely failure. I am not saying they are the same.

I as well have had both. My FD was a 93 touring. The car looked fantastic and I never had any problems with it, although many owners do. This may be due to the fact that mine only had about 12,000 miles on it (original engine) when I bought it a couple years back.

I did think the RX-7 was slower than the NSX, but I had an auto RX-7. The only thing I didn't like about the Mazda was that it felt cheap. Thing sounded like a tin can when I shut the door. The Acoustimass system that they put in it was something to behold in sight AND sound for once. The car certainly had its charms.

I don't think any of you guy's give the 3rd gen credit for what it is. It's arguably the best pure bred Japanese sports car of all time. The NSX IS NOT! I own an NSX but will only give credit were credit is due. Saying that stock for stock the NSX wins is a farse. They are very close in performance but the potential for the 3rd gen to pull ahead is always greater. Also, simple laws of physics say that the lighter car should handle better.

For every track slip or video of an NSX beating a 7 you will find one with a 7 beating an NSX but the race results don't lie the RX7 has a much larger history of proven race results.

I can't believe how biased you guy's are it's an RX7 for christ sake.

As far as pleasure of driving the RX7 is great because turbo's are always fun pluss with the smooth reving rotary and sound you really feel like your driving something special. Same thing can be said about the NSX only in a different way. I like the exotic feel, quality of construction and mileage is a bit better for longer trips but I suggest driving both for a week or so and figuring it out. I chose the NSX because I use to own a 7 and just trying new things.

I'm with you. I like the NSX which I own, but give the RX-7 a tremendous amount of credit for its looks, performance, engineering and mod-ability and hope to own a good RX-7 one day. Although the engines can give out with strong mods, I remember them being pretty cheap to replace (< $1000?, not sure now..) - sure beats having to replace a NSX engine and provides a much better $$ mod-value then the NSX IMHO.

I've also ridden in a 400HP+ ~26500 LB RX-7 and it was a absolute rocket. We walked from 911 Turbos, Lambos all day long with that kind of p/w and probably all but 500RWHP+ < 2800 LB Turbo NSXs...

As for the BIAS - this is an NSXFORUM, you're going to get bias :) Try talking to the Porsche guys about NSX's or the Covette folks "They're slow! Overpriced... bleah bleah"

Anyway, the RX-7 is a great ride stock and a bad-ass ride modified! Props if you get it and don't listen to some of the haters...:biggrin:

Back