• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX2S2K - S2000 Instrument Cluster Conversion Kit

Johan@SjoebergDP This looks like a great kit and I wish you all the success my friend.

I tried offering these kits about 5-6 years ago and there was little to no interest not to mention everyone thought the price was to much. I have had my S2K cluster installed in my 96 for over 5 years now and when people see it, they freak out!!! Not to mention it brings the NSX gauge cluster up to date. Here is a picture of my the install. Anyone thinking of doing this conversion ...you will love it. It looks like Johan is putting in a tone of R&D and making this a complete product.

S2K cluster.jpg

Last edited:
Johan@SjoebergDP This looks like a great kit and I wish you all the success my friend.

I tried offering these kits about 5-6 years ago and there was little to no interest not to mention everyone thought the price was to much. I have had my S2K cluster installed in my 96 for over 5 years now and when people see it, they freak out!!! Not to mention it brings the NSX gauge cluster up to date. Here is a picture of my the install. Anyone thinking of doing this conversion ...you will love it. It looks like Johan is putting in a tone of R&D and making this a complete product.

attachment.php
I would love to check your car out the next time I'm in New Bern.

I would love to check your car out the next time I'm in New Bern.

Anytime ... Just let me know when you are in the area.

Thank you xory72!

Your and apkarian's original project was what got me into designing this kit, I really loved the end result. Thank you for pioneering this mod and for the inspiration. I remember you had difficulty finding someone who could do the odometer calibration for a decent price. I tell you what, if you ever need your S2K odometer calibrated to your NSX mileage I'll do this for free, just for you.

Best regards,
Johan

attachment.php

@Johan, can you run this by me again. So the kit you supply requires us the consumer to purchase our own S2K cluster which your kit adapts to correct?

Where does development stand for 95+ cars?

I'll be releasing a batch for 91-94 cars first and take it from there. This will happen though, there is enough interest.

@Johan, can you run this by me again. So the kit you supply requires us the consumer to purchase our own S2K cluster which your kit adapts to correct?

Yes, you have to get your own S2K instrument cluster, and my kit allows for a P&P install in the NSX.

Best regards,

Thank you xory72!

Your and apkarian's original project was what got me into designing this kit, I really loved the end result. Thank you for pioneering this mod and for the inspiration. I remember you had difficulty finding someone who could do the odometer calibration for a decent price. I tell you what, if you ever need your S2K odometer calibrated to your NSX mileage I'll do this for free, just for you.

Best regards,
Johan

Johan .... your a class "A" guy!!! I am glad my project inspired you and I appreciate the calibration of the odometer offer. I actually had mine done a long time ago. It was not easy to find someone to do it a decent price. I finally did. Wish you the best of luck. It looks like you are putting together a professional looking kit. I tried many years ago ... but just no interest. People do not realize the amount of time it takes to source everything, the R&D and then the wiring harness to make it plug and play!

- - - Updated - - -

Where does development stand for 95+ cars?

mteele .... I will let johan confirm it all since it is his thread ... but what most NSX owners do not know is that there are 3 different wiring harnesses (for the dash). 91-94 then 95, 96 and then 97 to 2005. What I think Johan is doing is getting this kit working completely 100% with the 91-94 (which is the most popular years). Once his kit is stable, tested etc, I would imagine he will tackle the other years. The trick is that the harnesses are different and there are some OBDII along with EPS etc. that he will need to wire up etc. I thought i would add this so you know why an 91-94 will not work in a 95.

Johan .... your a class "A" guy!!! I am glad my project inspired you and I appreciate the calibration of the odometer offer. I actually had mine done a long time ago. It was not easy to find someone to do it a decent price. I finally did. Wish you the best of luck. It looks like you are putting together a professional looking kit. I tried many years ago ... but just no interest. People do not realize the amount of time it takes to source everything, the R&D and then the wiring harness to make it plug and play!

- - - Updated - - -

mteele .... I will let johan confirm it all since it is his thread ... but what most NSX owners do not know is that there are 3 different wiring harnesses (for the dash). 91-94 then 95, 96 and then 97 to 2005. What I think Johan is doing is getting this kit working completely 100% with the 91-94 (which is the most popular years). Once his kit is stable, tested etc, I would imagine he will tackle the other years. The trick is that the harnesses are different and there are some OBDII along with EPS etc. that he will need to wire up etc. I thought i would add this so you know why an 91-94 will not work in a 95.

Thank you xory72, I'm glad you managed to find help with your odometer. It has certainly been an exhausting but rewarding process to get to this point. Several years of R&D and each kit takes at least 8 hours to assemble, and about 12 hours of 3D-printing time for the encasings and mounting accessories.

I can confirm xory72's excellent explanation on the situation and technical background.

Best regards,

--| Releasing one AP2 kit! |--
--| Discontinued Rev. XP8/XP9 - retrofitted with Night mode and EPS - Model 14a |--
--| $299 |--

Hi Johan, if there's no issue with the discontinued kit - I'll take them. Also please add the CF trip. Thank you!

Hi Johan, if there's no issue with the discontinued kit - I'll take them. Also please add the CF trip. Thank you!

The kit works perfectly and passed all quality assurance tests, which has been documented. I'll PM you! Thank you.

Best regards,

Still none for a 00'?

Sorry NSX1145! Not yet. Doing the first commercial batch for 1991 to 1994 cars first.

I would like to reserve a kit for my cluster. thanks.

Hi Antonio, you'll have to wait for the kits to be released first. I'm strict on not taking reservations in advance.

Best regards,

The kit works perfectly and passed all quality assurance tests, which has been documented. I'll PM you! Thank you.

Best regards,

Hi Johan,

My S2k AP2 gauge cluster is on the way. Please let me know when it gets there.

Thanks Henry

Hi Johan, any ETA for the AP1 kit? :) kind regards,

Hi Ozmondo! I'm working on the first batch right now. I expect to have the first kits available in about 2-3 weeks time, depends on the shipment of one of the components which happened to be out of stock globally and on backorder. I got word it's about to get in stock.

I completed the install and testing on the latest revision. All good! This thing works great.

Great! :smile: Good to hear. I hope you'll enjoy your S2K instrument cluster now, with all the available functionalities supported.

Best regards,

[MENTION=31673]Tone[/MENTION] - IIRC I'm on the 04-05 AP2 cluster. Johan can confirm. To Everyone, Johan has been amazing throughout the purchase and testing of the product. Absolutely standup person and great to deal with. We're lucky to have him in the community.

Back