• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Est Fest - group drive to Isaiah Tubbs – Friday May 20th

NSXCC Est Fest - group drive to Isaiah Tubbs – Friday May 20th

Just thought to start a thread on this subject. A group drive is a fun way to kick off the weekend festivities and probably easier to find our way around Prince Edward County and our host resort Isaiah Tubbs.

Meeting place: Chapters - Kennedy Commons mall (southeast corner of Kennedy/401)
Meeting time: 1230pm
Departure time: 130pm

As Friday long weekend traffic will be hectic, most of the executives will be heading in early. From the list of attendees, we should at least have 11-12 cars for the group drive, just a matter of setting a departure time.

Please sign up here if you are interested and add your prefer departure time.

929.png

DSC_5336.jpg

Last edited:
Are Fords allowed to join in? :cool:

WTF?? It's mandatory you bring the Imola to Est Fest.

What's your preference on departure time.

To anyone who has a set of Cobra brand GMRS/FRS radios, make sure to bring along for our group drives. Motorola will work too but not as well as Cobras. These radios are on sale this week at Canadian Tire. The 59.99 set (35km range) is more than suffice. Some sells for even less at The Source.

4168KiTk9dL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
So sorry I can't make it to Est-Fest -- next time! Just my 2 cents - the only Ford that should be allowed to join is a GT40! :smile:

Best,
Jeff

Can't believe the Imola is not making Est Fest. Real shame.... Maybe he can trailer it and just slot the car in for pictures? Wonder if factorynsxtech plans to trailer his car to Est Fest?

Jeff, make sure you budget some time for the club this season. We can't wait to see your car.

I will see my fellow Cdn Ontario NSXers at some point in time this season at one of the events for sure. Owen, let me know if there is going to be anything in SW Ontario as I recall there was some talk about this.

Who belongs to the two red NSXs in the pic in post #1? My car is identical to the car with the front license plate on it.

Enjoy the trip guys and gals -- sounds great.

I will be in Toronto on Saturday June 4th and so far Owen, Chris (slightlyevil on Prime and just bought the NSX that was traded in at Sherway for the Imola)and I (possibly Bram) are going to try to get together for a Saturday a.m. drive and coffee -- if anyone else is interested maybe we can build up some critical mass. The more the merrier.

Best,
Jeff

Jeff, perhaps you can start a separate post and propose a casual meet and greet on the morning of June 4th as we are getting a bit off topic from the OP. Nevertheless I am in for June 4th.:smile: The red car you noted is Dave C's. The one next to his is Bram's.

Further to the club email (Est Fest update #7), our member John S (semi-local of Prince Edward County) has provided some great suggestions for our drive in this Friday. I thought to post this here so everyone can read through before heading out.

John's quote:

"A couple of suggestions for those traveling to PEC without navi:

I suggest to avoid Hwy 62 - construction most of the way south from the Quinte Bay Bridge - slow and rough sections last time I used it.

Eastbound 401: Take exit 522 south at Wooler Road #40 rather than going further east and exiting at Trenton-Frankford Road #33. Wooler joins #33 (turn right) just before you get to Carrying Place and becomes Loyalist Parkway - follow it to County Road 12 in Bloomfield, turn right and follow signs toward Sandbanks.

Westbound 401: Take exit 566 south at Marysville, follow County Road 49 to Picton, then turn right onto 33 at Main Street in Picton, go through town to the traffic circle (next to the Home Hardware Centre), continue on 33 at the circle (exit directly across the circle), follow the signs toward Sandbanks and County Road 32, then County Road 12."
End Quote

Thanks John.

Last edited:
Also, for those needing gas on the way from GTA along 401 east, or on the way home.....

Gas is usually 5 to 10 cents per litre less in Port Hope and Cobourg than GTA. Hopefully it will be so for the coming weekend.

Shell and Petro-Canada in Port Hope: Exit 464 southbound, straight ahead through the traffic signal, left at the next stop is Shell, Petro-Canada is next to it. Go back the same way to get onto 401 east.

Petro-Canada in Cobourg ($1.26 for 87 and $1.40 for 91 today): Exit 472 south, on the left at the first traffic signal. Go back the same way to get onto 401 east - ramp is on your left, (where you exited).

John Sherk

Are Fords allowed to join in? :cool:

Too bad. You coulda been driving a beautiful & reliable red/ivory; but now you have to dream about the aluminium orange car at home.

Becky and I will cruise down with you guys. See you Friday

Looks like there will about 7-8 cars driving down together. Lets finalize the following:

Meeting Time: 1230pm
Meeting place: Chapters at Kennedy Commons (Kennedy south of 401 on the East side)
Departure Time: 130pm

929.png

Drivers:
Bram
Sean
Rick S
Chris W
Henry
Stu

As most of us don't want to be stuck in traffic, we will leave precisely at 130pm so don't be surprised to find an empty lot at 135pm. We will start our gathering at 1230 for our departure so please make a point to arrive on time.

Each of us should familiarize ourself with the direction given by John (28Racer) above (exit in Trenton - Wooler Road) and follow it to Isaiah Tubbs. If some of us would like to pickup cheaper gas in Port Hope, we can discuss that at the meeting point and do a group stop. Bring your Cobra radio (or cell) to communicate during the drive.

See you all Friday.

Last edited:
I'll be there too!!!! Love to make the group drive, I'll bring two radios, if anyone needs one speak up!

BTW - what about LUNCH????? Shall we meet at noon and eat first?????

Last edited:

I think most just want to get out of the city early, some would barely make to the meeting point in time for the departure.

There are sandwich/Bagel shops at Kennedy Common so make a suggestion and other might chime in.

Have a great time guys, would have met you and drove up with you all as i know that area really well, but unfortunately i had plans made before i actually got my nsx. next time for sure!
eddy

I'll be there too!!!! Love to make the group drive, I'll bring two radios, if anyone needs one speak up!

Cafe Mirage is a good lunch spot located at Kennedy Commons in the same parking lot as the meeting area.

Cafe Mirage is a good lunch spot located at Kennedy Commons in the same parking lot as the meeting area.

Great suggestion.
Okay, let's play it by ear. If you are interested to lunch before departure, show up at cafe mirage at 12. Otherwise meet at the Chapters lot between 1230-130.
Is that good?

Hahahaahaa. I hope your not loosing sleep over me not coming in an NSX. :tongue:

Dont worry my friend, you will see her at many other events this summer, and slowly mutating every time. :wink:

Back