• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2003 - Eleven Months and Counting Down

A lot of the information about NSXPO 2003 has yet to be released. However, what with all the reports about the great times at NSXPO 2002 earlier this month, let's remember that we get to do it all again next year. It will be similar in some ways, different in others. But it's guaranteed to have lots of NSXs, lots of friendly NSX owners, new friends and old, and lots of fun.

And oh yes, a track event at Infineon Raceway, formerly known as Sears Point. Here are some photos to whet your appetite:

vc7_t1_t2_lrg.jpg

generalfacility_map.jpg

Originally posted by Joel:
That doesn't look like a very attractive track site from the pic.

Sears P... I mean, Infineon Raceway, is widely regarded as one of the top half dozen tracks in the country in terms of fun and challenge, along with Mid-Ohio (home of NSXPO '98), Mazda Laguna Seca (home of NSXPO '99), Road Atlanta (home of NSXPO 2000), Road America (home of NSXPO 2001), and Watkins Glen (home of NSXPO 2004).

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
...is widely regarded as one of the top half dozen tracks in the country...

What? No mention of Motorsport Ranch or TMS during NSXPO2002?

I'll admit - MSR isn't exactly Le Mans, and TMS (now that you've driven it) is boring as hell, but (regarding TMS):

Where else have you driven that can officially seat 204,861 people? Or that has 600 acres of parking (even though only 131 acres are paved)? Or that has 24 degree banked turns? :)

EDR

Ed,

Now, you see what happens when Ken does not bring his car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He forgot you guys even had a track event
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

It was great!

Thanks,
LarryB

They have done some major upgrades at the track, I belive the track itself has been resurfaced, a brand new drag strip and new seating around the track plus the Big grandstands on the front straight. I live about 30 min. from there. It looks really nice. I think the picture might be over a year old.

------------------
Joseph Gavazza
99 White/blk NSX
92 Lexus LS400
01 VW GTI VR6

"That doesn't look like a very attractive track site from the pic?"

Are you a highway design engineer with no track experience? I'm a transportation engineer/project manager who likes to say that the worst examaples of highway design are the best race tracks.

Ted Idlof

Good one Ted, and with those qualifications I guess you have the last word on this no? .....
wink.gif

And thanks Ken for starting the marketing hype, we were wondering when was the appropriate time to initiate our "strategic and tactictal marketing plan" .....
smile.gif

Now if we can only keep the expectations and benchmarks in check ....., but we have already taken care of the BBQ/meat menu ......
tongue.gif

That doesn't look like a very attractive track site from the pic.
I hope the rest looks better.

Not to lambast this guy any more but. . .I got pretty excited seeing pic. MSR was, by far, much uglier than what you see in that picture. I think there is one tree, which granted you don't want on a track but, man, was that an ugly area. It got hit by the ugly stick. Rather, I think that's where people go to get ugly sticks. Anyway, Sears Point, er Infineon, looks awesome. I like the big elevation change in the pic.

Looking forward to next year!

[This message has been edited by Ponyboy (edited 21 November 2002).]

We better have at least one night of BBQ,and don't hide the cobbler!

IDEA? Hope the release the dates soon as I plan on driving from Oregon to the meet then either before or after depending on the date heading to Phoenix to watch the Nascar race. Anyone else up to going with me?

------------------

Originally posted by Hrant:
Good one Ted, and with those qualifications I guess you have the last word on this no? .....
wink.gif

Hrant, I think you got me confused with Number9....
wink.gif

I am not Ted... though he and I both have the same car combination (red NSX / white E36 M3) with the exception that both of his are supercharged and his NSX is Zanardi #9!!!

Originally posted by 8000RPM:
Hrant, I think you got me confused with Number9....
wink.gif

I am not Ted... though he and I both have the same car combination (red NSX / white E36 M3) with the exception that both of his are supercharged and his NSX is Zanardi #9!!!

Not really .........
wink.gif

You just beat me to the post to 92 White 0650 [Ted Idlof, a local] by 6 minutes ..... I must have been typing with my pinkies ....

Ted is our Club's Director of Dawn Patrol, or Road Pavement Carving, or ...... we are very generous and liberal with our titles ....
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
A lot of the information about NSXPO 2003 has yet to be released. However, what with all the reports about the great times at NSXPO 2002 earlier this month, let's remember that we get to do it all again next year. It will be similar in some ways, different in others. But it's guaranteed to have lots of NSXs, lots of friendly NSX owners, new friends and old, and lots of fun.

And oh yes, a track event at Infineon Raceway, formerly known as Sears Point.

Ken - There's a few more NSX's darting around Honolulu. If any of you guy's & girl's (girl's make sure to meet with me for details) are interested in going to CA. for NSXPO '03, let's start making plans now. I, personally, will be doing my best to attend this AWESOME event! - - - Jerry (Pearl Harbor/Pearlridge area)>>>>>>Let's GO!!!

------------------
"LIVE LIFE with a NSX"

[This message has been edited by Timeless (edited 23 November 2002).]

Sears Point *is* awesome. I was there over the weekend of Nov 2-3rd with the BMW CCA. It's a much more challenging track than ThunderHill. And you're right, there's a steep climb up to Turn 2 at which you blindly execute a 90 degree right turn.
smile.gif

-CiaoBoy

Originally posted by Ponyboy:
Not to lambast this guy any more but. . .I got pretty excited seeing pic. MSR was, by far, much uglier than what you see in that picture. I think there is one tree, which granted you don't want on a track but, man, was that an ugly area. It got hit by the ugly stick. Rather, I think that's where people go to get ugly sticks. Anyway, Sears Point, er Infineon, looks awesome. I like the big elevation change in the pic.

Back