• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2013 - Raleigh, NC - October 11 -16

GREAT time even without my car!!! Good seeing old friends and meeting new ones..........got all my parts and now just have to get LMC to put her back together. Congrats to ALL who worked al those hours to bring this together for us - GREAT job!!! Looking forward to next year..........

Shawna

On the road back to Vancouver.
A bouquet to John and company for the best organized NSXPO I've attended.
Great to meet a new group of owners.
My thanks to all.

Big thanks to everyone for another GREAT NSXPO! It was well run and organized. Everyone I spoke to enjoyed it. Congrats on pulling off such a huge event!

This community is awesome, Seeing old friends and making new ones every year I go to NSXPO.

Thank you to all that had a hand in the organizing, the hours of planning, the work, etc. etc. It was a well run event, great venue, great people, great cars. A tremendous success all the way around. My wife and I enjoyed it all, from "Carlafest", to our departure on Monday morning. We regret that we couldn't make it up to VIR for the final portion of the "Social" portion, but my schedule today, demanded that I be home in time to be well rested and prepared. I look forward to pictures and stories of all 3 days. Thanks again to all who worked hard. Be safe out there on the track, and enjoy!!!

Big thanks to everyone that put the NSXPO together. It is the best part of the ownership experience. I had a great time and enjoyed meeting other owners. It was well worth the drive and time spent. The committee did an AWSOME job!

First NSXPO for me and it was well worth it. It was fantastic meeting up with owners from all over, putting some faces to names and just getting to hang out with a bunch of the best owners in the world, whether it be talking about cars or whatever. My sincere thanks to John and the other organizers for a well run event. Even the rain and drizzle didn't put a damper on it.

One thing that amazed me about the NSX is how comfortable it is to travel in. We've done only one long trip before but this time (11+ hours, 700+ miles each way in 2 days) the car was simply unbelievable. I was half expecting my wife to need Ben-Gay and a hot tub, but we were both in good shape after the rides down there and back home here to Mass. She's already asking me where the event is next year. :)

Regards,
-Dom and Jeanne

What's with all of these posts talking about NSXPO in the past tense?

......It's still going on at VIR. (the weather has been beyond phenomenal by the way)

For those who signed up to track I greatly appreciate it... especially those first timers, I know it's a bit of a stretch but I was overly joyed to see all of you guys out there and enjoying the car for its intended purpose.

What's with all of these posts talking about NSXPO in the past tense?

......It's still going on at VIR. (the weather has been beyond phenomenal by the way)

For those who signed up to track I greatly appreciate it... especially those first timers, I know it's a bit of a stretch but I was overly joyed to see all of you guys out there and enjoying the car for its intended purpose.

100% Correct Steve…NSXPO 2013 continues at VIR. Great job getting what might be a record turnout for NSXPO track days. And you managed to get some sunny skies as well. Be safe and have a great time.

John Komar Co-Chair NSXPO 2013

It was my first NSXPO, thanks to all involved for doing a great job setting this event up. It was great, had alittle bit of everything going on. And Monday at VIR was a really cool experience, after doing the skid pad I feel more confident in being able to save my car if I were to lose control. But hopefully it's not something ill have to encounter on the street. The cart track was great as well. I will be going to many more NSXPO's from now on. Along with trying to make more regional NSXCA events.
Brian Barnfield

Hope everyone had fun and was SAFE at VIR and no treks to the rhubarb fields...................they started digging for the new track here so maybe in 2017 we can all go there for some track time. Check out www.cdnmotorspeedway.com as it's less then 10 min. from my house.............can't wait.

I knew that NSX owners are nice, intelligent, knowledgeable and passionate but this event still exceeded my expectations. I had lots of fun and I met many valuable people, this was my first but definitely not last NSXPO ;).

Thank you NSXCA for organizing such a great event and I also want to thank everyone who contributed by your presence.

I hope to see you soon!

5150944_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Had a great time. Thanks to everyone for making it great. It was my first track day, but I felt safer on the track than I did on the drive home. Especially once back in Fayetteville. Le sigh. Back to reality.

VIR NSXPO 2013 004.jpg

Last edited:
Well my first NSXPO is now in the bag. After a slight mishap, (it pays to have your mechanic along on the trip. Thanks Scott and Leith Acura.), the trip out there with my San Antonio friends was hilarious more often than not. The cars brought the smiles and the banter on the walkie talkies had us laughing in pain most of the way. It was great to see so many awesome NSXs in the same place. And to finally meet some of the Primers that I've corresponded with on this forum over the years. Great people all of you. The organizing committee had everything that they could control perfect. So much so that the weather really didn't matter. The Hotel choice was perfect and everything we could have needed was available. Incredible job ladies and gentlemen. We opted out of the VIR Trip because we wanted drive the Dragon's Tail and we needed to get back for work. So we did the Tail and drove to Birmingham on Monday. Then all the way home on Tuesday. Again laughing all the way. Thanks again and great job N.C. I hope to see everyone again next year where ever NSXPO is located.

Thanks to all who planned this year's NSXPO - I had an awesome time at my first NSXPO and look forward to many more. The people who drive these cars keep me *almost* as excited as the car itself, it really is a great bunch of people.

VIR-1.jpg

As with everyone else it was a blast. Wish I could have driving VIR too. I love that track. Had a great time seeing guys from nsxpo Atlanta! Great job john and the nc crew

After owning an NSX for 5 years (as of 10/5), this was my first 'XPO and I had an awesome time. It was great to meet everyone, put faces with the screen-names, compare notes, and play with a few of you on the track.

(As a side note, I promise I really do keep my car relatively clean most of the time, although she's a dirty, dirty girl at the moment after three days of drizzle, a couple of skid-pad sessions, and a pair of track days :eek: )

made it home in a different nsx than I started with...thats how friggen awesome nsxpo is!......:eek: Great hotel choice for the social......fantastic track resort....my first time to vir and it is a fun layout...too bad I only got 3 sessions:frown:...but on the bright side my students had a blast . For all those involved in the planning/execution great job! We had a very enjoyable time pimping Ted for nsx 2 info.....:wink:

Just got home also, minus a front lip and side marker. DocJohn was fortunate enough to witness me becoming victim to a tire carcass on 85 in Virginia. Ripped off right half of lip and knocked out passenger side maker so I had to pull over onto shoulder and tear off rest of the lip.

Other than that, what other car can someone drive for 1939 miles over 7 days including two track days with 75 laps on VIR and (absent minor repairs due to road debris on the way home) only need a quick detailing before being ready to head out again.

And those 75 laps and approximately 244 track miles are on top of the 150,000 miles, 109 track days and 11,000+ track miles that were on the car before NSXPO..........

I watched in disbelief as your passenger side fender liner separated itself from the car and just flew away....friggen retreads.:mad:

As others have mentioned, thanks to everyone who organized the track events (sounds like the social went well also).
Although my car is typically a garage queen, couldn't pass up the opportunity to take it on VIR. Having done several track
days on my sportbike a while back, I know how great this track really is, especially the full course.

Perfect weather and how cool was it that docjohn was my instructor and I did indeed have a blast as my first time having the nsx on
a track. Although I wasn't pushing much for the sake of the car (probably felt like the parade lap to doc) ... and my left arm needed a sling
after all the wave-byes :smile: it was all good.

Thanks again and here are a few photos.

IMG_0666i.jpg

IMG_0605i.jpg

IMG_0761i.jpg

IMG_0734i.jpg

Perfect weather and how cool was it that docjohn was my instructor and I did indeed have a blast as my first time having the nsx on
a track. Although I wasn't pushing much for the sake of the car (probably felt like the parade lap to doc) ... and my left arm needed a sling

Here is one of the shots I took of you - for the rest, visit www.nsxpo2013.net

i-HqGhsLx-XL.jpg

Just got home also, minus a front lip and side marker. DocJohn was fortunate enough to witness me becoming victim to a tire carcass on 85 in Virginia. Ripped off right half of lip and knocked out passenger side maker so I had to pull over onto shoulder and tear off rest of the lip.

Other than that, what other car can someone drive for 1939 miles over 7 days including two track days with 75 laps on VIR and (absent minor repairs due to road debris on the way home) only need a quick detailing before being ready to head out again.

And those 75 laps and approximately 244 track miles are on top of the 150,000 miles, 109 track days and 11,000+ track miles that were on the car before NSXPO..........

I feel your pain man. I got very lucky and only lost the tow hook cover and bumper bolt cover. Snap in parts that thanks to my mechanic Scott and Leith Acura in Cary were replaced overnight. Sorry you had such damage. Retreaded tires should be outlawed. I enjoyed meeting you at NSXPO.

As others have mentioned, thanks to everyone who organized the track events (sounds like the social went well also).
Although my car is typically a garage queen, couldn't pass up the opportunity to take it on VIR. Having done several track
days on my sportbike a while back, I know how great this track really is, especially the full course.

Thanks again and here are a few photos.

Doesn't matter how fast you were going, just mattered that you showed up and used the car for its intended purpose. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Were your days there on the bike North/South or Full? I know normally you see those guys running north, couldn't imagine how fast that back straight gets on 2 wheels.

Back