• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2013 - Raleigh, NC - October 11 -16

Don't do it. There's a chance of rain Thursday. Wash it Friday.

This is currently my situation too. Earlier this week it looked like the weather would be amazing up to and including NSXPO. Now it's a disaster until Friday evening. I don't want to but I may be left washing/claying/polishing/waxing right there in the hotel parking lot -_-

Loaded and ready to depart Houston TX tomorrow. Unloading in East TN to drive Deal's Gap on the way over to Raleigh. Wife and I are exited for our first NSXPO and meeting other enthusiasts. Fingers crossed on the weather.2013-10-08 001 2013-10-08 002.jpg

Loaded and ready to depart Houston TX tomorrow. Unloading in East TN to drive Deal's Gap on the way over to Raleigh. Wife and I are exited for our first NSXPO and meeting other enthusiasts. Fingers crossed on the weather.View attachment 106248

That NSX is the better highway car of the two. If I towed the car, my wife would be sitting in the NSX on the trailer because the original NSX seats are the best for long trip comfort!

ok ,my car is officially really clean.i'm looking forward to my first nsxpo.i decided to forgo enclosed transport and actually drive the car there from chapel hill,despite the possibility of it getting dirty,or even wet.for those not up on nc geography,cary is 25 miles from chapel hill.i know,such inspiring bravery. seriously,i am very much looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all the cars.i'll be staying at home so I can tend to my doggie,but plan to attend all the events. if anyone has a comptech gen II exhaust,i'd like to listen to it.one local has one on an na2,and i'd like to hear another one too.also hoping to see some volk ce28n wheels.

ok ,my car is officially really clean.i'm looking forward to my first nsxpo.i decided to forgo enclosed transport and actually drive the car there from chapel hill,despite the possibility of it getting dirty,or even wet.for those not up on nc geography,cary is 25 miles from chapel hill.i know,such inspiring bravery. seriously,i am very much looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all the cars.i'll be staying at home so I can tend to my doggie,but plan to attend all the events. if anyone has a comptech gen II exhaust,i'd like to listen to it.one local has one on an na2,and i'd like to hear another one too.also hoping to see some volk ce28n wheels.

robbie, you need to relax just a bit the car is going to be fine!

Remind me about the Gen2, we'll go for a spin.

I am going to be loading mine up tmw night for a nice early friday morning trip south... no enclosed trailer this year though :(

robbie, you need to relax just a bit the car is going to be fine!

Remind me about the Gen2, we'll go for a spin.
hey,steve,just joking around,see you at the event.

whats the deal with this stubborn nor easter......could be a rough go on shaved Ra1.......:frown:

Trying to prep as much as I can but it looks like the Northeast isn't NSXPO friendly at all . I just need a little time with no rain so I can tape up my front end :(

I couldn't help but notice:
Driving in the rain the last couple of days here in NC. Why is it people refuse to turn on their headlights when light is low or raining ???
Coming from a place where DRLs are mandatory, I really do understand why they are necessary. Especially on two directional roads. Those with their lights on can be seen from 4x the distance compared to those without headlamps on, making it easier for oncoming to pass.
Big safety issue ignored here.

Driving in the rain the last couple of days here in NC. Why is it people refuse to turn on their headlights when light is low or raining ???
Coming from a place where DRLs are mandatory, I really do understand why they are necessary. Especially on two directional roads. Those with their lights on can be seen from 4x the distance compared to those without headlamps on, making it easier for oncoming to pass.

That's because 99.99% of the driver here are dumb@sses. The other 0.01% own NSX's.

Best wishes to John and everyone for a safe and successful Xpo. Truly wish I could have made this one but I'll be at work this weekend as the home office support for an engineering team in Slovenia working a 24/7 installation project at their nuclear plant. I knew this project was going to fall on Xpo week since picking up my NSX in May and have been bummed out about it ever since.

If anyone could post some real-time photos in this thread throughout the week, that would be fantastic and so appreciated!!!!! Especially the events I've not seen many pix of, such as the concours, which sounds too fun.

Have fun, be safe!
Andy

Edit: As a small attempt as incentive: I'll create a custom "stupid art" (see my "NSX Wanted" ads) of the NSX of whomever posts the photo I like the best. Please help us shut-ins live vicariously thru you lucky NSXPO'ers! :)

Last edited:
Trying to prep as much as I can but it looks like the Northeast isn't NSXPO friendly at all . I just need a little time with no rain so I can tape up my front end :(

I would not use painter's tape to protect your front end if it will be raining. This just ends up being a sloppy wet sticky mess that is harder to remove later. Just drive farther back from cars ahead of you to minimize rock chips (bonus: safer in the rain as well).

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know if there will be a power outlet within say, 100ft of the car wash area at the hotel? The weather in DC has been awful the past week and I have had no opportunity to properly wash/clean the car so I was going to bring my polisher.

Also noticed on my drive down that Chevy drivers, closely followed by Toyota drivers, win the dubious award of blocking the left freeway lane the most.

Also noticed on my drive down that Chevy drivers, closely followed by Toyota drivers, win the dubious award of blocking the left freeway lane the most.

Did you notice where they were from? Here in NJ we have a neighboring state whose drivers are left lane hoggers all the time...And NJ supposedly was going to begin enforcing the Stay Right rule this year...

Did you notice where they were from? Here in NJ we have a neighboring state whose drivers are left lane hoggers all the time...And NJ supposedly was going to begin enforcing the Stay Right rule this year...

I saw them in every state from MN to NC. Didn't notice any prevalence by state, just prevalence by brand :smile:

Hope all you NSXpo attendees have a fab time. Sorry I can't make it this year - and VIR IS on my bucket list.
Have fun all!

Back