• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2013 - Raleigh, NC - October 11 -16

Best wishes to John and everyone for a safe and successful Xpo. Truly wish I could have made this one but I'll be at work this weekend as the home office support for an engineering team in Slovenia working a 24/7 installation project at their nuclear plant. I knew this project was going to fall on Xpo week since picking up my NSX in May and have been bummed out about it ever since.

If anyone could post some real-time photos in this thread throughout the week, that would be fantastic and so appreciated!!!!! Especially the events I've not seen many pix of, such as the concours, which sounds too fun.

Have fun, be safe!
Andy

Edit: As a small attempt as incentive: I'll create a custom "stupid art" (see my "NSX Wanted" ads) of the NSX of whomever posts the photo I like the best. Please help us shut-ins live vicariously thru you lucky NSXPO'ers! :)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/177018-NSXPO-2013-Photos

I'm now in NC. And I've already experienced Southern hospitality, in the form of a representative of the town government of Cary who stopped me to welcome me to the area! This sets a personal record of under an hour from touchdown to pullover. And I bet I'm the first one so welcomed to NSXPO 2013.

He gave me a lot of helpful advice. He said they strongly enforce traffic laws here, and there's an enforcement campaign here. He noted that if you're cited for 15+ mph over the limit, that can constitute reckless driving charges and other infractions. He also advised that on the interstate, if you're cited for 80+ mph (the limits are 65, at least around town), you can get your car seized and all kinds of other fun. Bottom line is, you may come from an area where 15 mph over the limit is tolerated, but don't expect that to apply in NC. Keep it close to the limit. 15 over will get you pulled over. And you might even receive a souvenir from the officials who welcome you to town. (Fortunately, I did not.)

If anyone could post some real-time photos in this thread throughout the week, that would be fantastic and so appreciated!!!!! Especially the events I've not seen many pix of, such as the concours, which sounds too fun.
Not in this topic! This is for general advice and discussion about the event.

Post photos in this new topic instead.

Bummer! I was looking forward to seeing you again. So you can make it across the country to Denver, but not when it's in your backyard? :biggrin:
Indeed, as October approached I was booked on three different jobs through the weekend,Ken.Perhaps as my new business begins to flourish, I can save for NSXPO next year! I will be in Charlotte Sat. night!

hey,steve,just joking around,see you at the event.

haha! You never know on Prime, some are overly delicate with their cars! I'll see you there... Also very glad to see that you'll be driving VIR too!

Steve, looking forward to meeting a fellow ARFCOM member at NSXPO!

Brian

Likewise!

Thanks Bob for the link!

I'm now in NC. And I've already experienced Southern hospitality, in the form of a representative of the town government of Cary who stopped me to welcome me to the area! This sets a personal record of under an hour from touchdown to pullover. And I bet I'm the first one so welcomed to NSXPO 2013.

Ken, what are you driving so fast across the border, your MDX or this?

DSCF6269.jpg

Sorry about the ticket. Yeah, the cops in Cary are epic a@@holes. Stay below 15 over and most NC cops won't mess with you. It's kind of a racket in NC but a decent lawyer can get it dismissed for $100 + court costs. I don't know any attorneys specifically in that area but ask them if they can get you an "improper equipment." That's the secret code word for, "here's my money, no points on my license." Thank you very much.

Does anyone know if there will be a power outlet within say, 100ft of the car wash area at the hotel? The weather in DC has been awful the past week and I have had no opportunity to properly wash/clean the car so I was going to bring my polisher.

I hope there will be a outlet that we can use as well. I'm driving down Friday night from DE in the rain... So even thou right now the car is perfectly polished it won't look the same after the trip. So I'm bringing my buffer also, but I'm only bringing 75ft of cord.

CroftgateUSA will have you covered with detailing products at the NSXPO! I am sure there will be many in the same boat as you! See you there later today!

Ken, what are you driving so fast across the border, your MDX or this?
A Chrysler 200 rental that I got from Alamo for $11/day (thank you, Priceline). I am SO relieved that there will be detailing products for it at the event! :)

Sorry about the ticket. Yeah, the cops in Cary are epic a@@holes. Stay below 15 over and most NC cops won't mess with you.
He didn't give me a ticket. I told him I had just landed at the airport, wasn't familiar with the area or the car (all true). He shot me on a downhill stretch and yes, I hit 15 over, but not deliberately, just didn't really have a feel for the car or the roads. The cop was actually very respectful, and gave me the above advice constructively. And while he may have been a bit overboard on reviewing how it can be considered reckless (or worse), it was good to know that they're strict (so I can warn others). And again, no ticket, no harm, no foul.

just so folks know i thought i'd chime in here on this ticket discussion because i've been doing these forever as a lawyer:

-cops here will usually give you a ticket starting about 15 over,sometimes less
-i've never seen someone charged with reckless also unless they are about 30 over
-you can always get a ticket reduced here unless you're approaching 100 mph.the improper equipment reduction is done in some counties,not wake where the hotel is
-court costs and fines run about $200-$250.

Last edited:
380 miles so far. 5 hours in heavy rain. Pulled off in Ashland, Va since 95 south is closed with accident.

Trucker "strike" a bust. 6 trucks traveling 55 on beltway. I passed them doing 80 in rain in rush hour. No real Rush hour because DC all on furlough

Last edited:
when/where is the social activity on fri? sold my nsx a few years ago but i'm instructing at vir next week and would like to say hello. btw i live in cary so if anyone needs tools or whatever i'll try to help out. bringing my acura integra chump car to vir, will try to cram a passenger seat in it if anyone wants a ride.

Last edited:
when/where is the social activity on fri? sold my nsx a few years ago but i'm instructing at vir next week and would like to say hello. btw i live in cary so if anyone needs tools or whatever i'll try to help out. bringing my acura integra chump car to vir, will try to cram a passenger seat in it if anyone wants a ride.

Jason, check your email from john this morning.

What a great time and a great bunch of PEOPLE and cars...even without my NSX.
I had to drive my NZX (Nissan-ZX)

Tom, great meeting you and Cathy!!! I owe you two a "round". I hope to see "the collection" next time I'm down in your neck of the woods!!!!

NSXPO2013 was an outstanding event.
Congratulations to the organizers and others that helped put this event together. It was great in every way.

Thanks so much for the wonderful time.

Shan and Warren

A great NSXPO. Thank you to the NSXCA and the organizers of this event.

It was a pleasure to meet many new faces and form new friendships.

-Robert

Ditto, wife and I really enjoyed our first EXPO. it was great meeting new enthusiasts. Hats off to all envoy end in putting the event together.

This was my first XPO and it really changed my perception on NSX ownership. Hats off to those responsible for putting on such an awesome event. It was amazing meeting the people that I had seen on prime for all this time and the rest of the NSXCA members who I met.

-Alec

Just got back to MD from NSXPO! Awesome event! Thank you to everyone who made it possible

Tom, great meeting you and Cathy!!! I owe you two a "round". I hope to see "the collection" next time I'm down in your neck of the woods!!!!

Hey Roger,
We for sure will get together...BUT I owe you for the sound financial advise! 10% in one month is substantial growth! :)

Hey Roger,
We for sure will get together...BUT I owe you for the sound financial advise! 10% in one month is substantial growth! :)
I wish it was all that easy, tell all my clients to forget about the market, bonds, etc. Just buy a Ford GT, drive it, enjoy it, and watch it appreciate..............job done. The good news is that the NSX is also rising in value, damn, I'm two for two!!!!

Thank you everyone who contributed to NSXPO 13 whether you were on the side of planning/running the show participant side such as myself. Without all of you collectively this would not have been as great of a weekend as it was.

This was my first NSXPO with my car and look forward to many more.

Back