• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO Caravan from Denver

Guys,

I hate to say this, but I've had something come up on Tuesday night that I need to be at so I'm not going to be able to join the caravan that morning. Instead, I'll have to do the 12+ hour blast leaving early Weds. morning. :frown: I'm not too enthused by this -- I would much prefer to break it up into 2 days and view the scenery in Capitol Reef, but such is life. If anyone else plans to go Weds. AM, let me know, maybe we can get a mini-caravan going...

Bruce

Capitol Reef on Return?

Ok, here's a novel idea...Anyone interested in doing the Capitol Reef trip AFTER NSXpo? Here's my thinking: I want to do the Hoover Dam tour on Monday morning (ends at 1:00 PM) which will prevent me from driving straight thru on the way back, but making Capitol Reef my destination works almost perfectly and allows me to drive a reasonable number of hours back to Denver/Boulder on Tuesday. What do you think? Anyone?

Re: Capitol Reef on Return?

Ok, here's a novel idea...Anyone interested in doing the Capitol Reef trip AFTER NSXpo? Here's my thinking: I want to do the Hoover Dam tour on Monday morning (ends at 1:00 PM) which will prevent me from driving straight thru on the way back, but making Capitol Reef my destination works almost perfectly and allows me to drive a reasonable number of hours back to Denver/Boulder on Tuesday. What do you think? Anyone?

I'm staying a few days extra to go to the SEMA show.

Re: Capitol Reef on Return?

The tour is tempting...as is not driving through straight on the way back. However, I have to drive straight-through one of the directions or take another day off work (I'm trying to avoid such). Enduring such for the return trip makes more sense for me personally. That said, if I sense I'll be too tired to make it home in one shot safely I might join you.

Stopped for the night in North Platte, NE. Hope to see you all in the morning.
Tim

Ok, I know you guys are tough Colorado boys but are you seriously going to try and drive over the divide tomorrow through that snowstorm in your NSXs? Will, your car is going to look just like your avatar! Why don't you wait a day and join me when the sun comes out?

Last edited:
Ok, I know you guys are tough Colorado boys but are you seriously going to try and drive over the divide tomorrow through that snowstorm in your NSXs? Will, your car is going to look just like your avatar! Why don't you wait a day and join me when the sun comes out?

Call me or text me I will try to join you.
801-381-7251 leaving on Wednesday from Utah. pm your number
Duck

How was the drive over Vail Pass? Snow? Have fun guys! I wish I could go :(

We went the southern route (Albuquerque) on the way there because web cams at Eisenhower tower, Frisco, and Vail kept showing snow packed roads. I-70 on the way home (much more enjoyable route).

Back