• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM 7 spoke wheel color options

A while back I thought I saw a post with a reference to non-US cars having the option of special ordering wheel colors, but several search attempts have turned up nothing. Anyone know if that was possible or the color choices?

My Black '03 has some wheel paint issues that I'm ready to correct, and the stock silver is just too bland for my taste. I've been leaning towards a matte black, and prefer to keep the stock wheels. I'm open to suggestions - pics of your choice on a black NSX?

Bob

*NSXFTW* painted his a gunmetal color
IMG_2370.JPG

IMG_23721.JPG

car_wheels_gun_metal.JPG

I haven't seen, nor heard, of the OEM wheels for the 2002-2005 being offered in different colors. You can, however, have them painted or powdercoated to any color you could dream of pretty easily!

Last edited:
I want to say that the NA2-R had the option of having either the wheels done in championship white or a gunmetal gray, depending on the color of the car. Obviously a championship white NSX-R would've come with the same color wheel, but if you were to get a blue or red, then it could come with gunmetal. I think.

A while back I thought I saw a post with a reference to non-US cars having the option of special ordering wheel colors, but several search attempts have turned up nothing. Anyone know if that was possible or the color choices?

My Black '03 has some wheel paint issues that I'm ready to correct, and the stock silver is just too bland for my taste. I've been leaning towards a matte black, and prefer to keep the stock wheels. I'm open to suggestions - pics of your choice on a black NSX?

Bob

The Honda gunmetal color for 2002+ NSX wheels is Pewter Gray Metallic (NH-537M). Many members here have used this color, and it is found on Japan Type-S cars. I think it is a couple of shades too dark for a Berlina Black NSX, so I intend to have my 2002+ wheels refinished in Solaris Silver (NH-536M), which is the OEM gunmetal wheel color used on NSXs from 1994 to 1996. Look for pics of Solaris on Black. I think you'lll like it.

Back