• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official SoCal "Sighting" Thread - post all your NSX sightings here!

lmao yea I'm thankful that I have this job so I didn't wanna risk going out of town on my first week... working over at Mattel in El Segundo! :biggrin:

lmao yea I'm thankful that I have this job so I didn't wanna risk going out of town on my first week... working over at Mattel in El Segundo! :biggrin:

My parents both used to work for Mattel. What are you doing for them?

El Segundo is one of the possible locations my current employer is looking to move. Crossing fingers. El Segundo is a LOT closer to PV than Santa Monica! :D

You must be the NSX that my gf keeps seeing in the garage! She mentioned to me the last couple of days that there is an NSX there and she saw a white one too. LOL! She works for Mattel QA.

You must be the NSX that my gf keeps seeing in the garage! She mentioned to me the last couple of days that there is an NSX there and she saw a white one too. LOL! She works for Mattel QA.

Haha I work close with the qa dept so does ur gfs name start with an n or k? Lol there's only girls on the qa team lol

I've been trying to figure out who has the white nsxr clone tho

Last edited:
Spotted and exchanged waves with a red NSX heading in the opposite direction as I headed towards Lake Elsinore on the Ortega Highway (my first time on Ortega).

Saw a white with black top on Sunday, parked on Santiago Canyon, north of Cooks Corner. Then saw a silverstone driving eastbound on Jamboree. I was a passenger in an NFR S2000 at the time.

just saw a lime green with high spoiler parked next to union station in downtown la. vignes and cesar chavez. anyone here?

only lime green with high spoiler i know of is the only licensed guy who does crematory in orange county.

Black pre-02 with "chalk like designs" on the front hood and fenders on 261-S at 11:45am. could have been sanding patterns, but i was going to opposite direction so i couldn't tell.

Friday the 12th. Black Pre 02 NSX. Traveling west on the 10 freeway near la brea in LA.

Anyone here?

Could have been me...I was taking her to Autowave for servicing.

Saw a Red NSX with rims and nice sounding exhaust next to Del Amo mall in (W Carson St & Madrona Ave) Torrance today around 2PM anyone here?

Passed right by a silver pre-02 on 405-S at 11:45 PM. I tried waving, but I don't think you were able to see me through the tinted windows.

I saw a red 91-01 on Tustin between La Palma and the 55fwy on 12/16 around 12pm. I saw it in my rear view, i was in my white 92

Happy holidays, Mario. The yellow '97 is mine. It's getting the full treatment: dbl din, nav pod, amp, Focals and jl audio stuff. Was getting tired of the poor Bluetooth audio from my Garmin. I met you at the canyon run this month and I saw your beautiful red. Anyway, hope to see you in more socal events! : ) ted.

Happy holidays, Mario. The yellow '97 is mine. It's getting the full treatment: dbl din, nav pod, amp, Focals and jl audio stuff. Was getting tired of the poor Bluetooth audio from my Garmin. I met you at the canyon run this month and I saw your beautiful red. Anyway, hope to see you in more socal events! : ) ted.

Not to discourage you, but make sure you double check the work performed by Al & Ed’s. I took mine to their shop in Ontario and when it was done it looked decent from the surface. One day I had to pull the center console out to do some work and found a complete hack job they did when installing my double din.….. spider web of loose wires, the worst self made bracket I’ve ever seen and random screw holes in different places!:mad:

Not to discourage you, but make sure you double check the work performed by Al & Ed’s. I took mine to their shop in Ontario and when it was done it looked decent from the surface. One day I had to pull the center console out to do some work and found a complete hack job they did when installing my double din.….. spider web of loose wires, the worst self made bracket I’ve ever seen and random screw holes in different places!:mad:

I hear you. This store was correcting a real poor installation of my car's stereo/navigation system put in by a Bakersfield shop for the previous car owner. The manger showed me the hack job that was done by that store. This store reinforced the support bracket the best they could so that I could open and close the ashtray hatch. The stereo/navigation unit had dropped a little keeping me from being able to open the ashtray hatch.

I took my car to this particular Al & Ed's in that they have done a good job for me on my other car. However, when speaking to the manager, he mentioned that one of their stores, possibly the one on Allen near downtown Pasadena, has a bad reputation.

I have heard of poor workmanship by Al & Ed stores here on prime, but I have also heard of good installations as well. Like most store/shop chains, some are better than others.

Best,

Mario

Happy holidays to you to Ted, I'm trying to remember what you looked like, but I'm drawing a blank - sorry!

I will be absent from the NSX scene for a while in that I must sell my car due to my being unemployed and not so good of a job outlook. But, I will be back when I get settled into a new job. In the interim I'll try and attend some NSX events, particularly those that do not require an NSX. I really enjoyed the NSX people that I have met over the last 4 years and I would like to keep in touch with them if possible.

Best,

Mario

Back