• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ordering to commence !

Good morning Gary,

We will need a deposit of $20,000.00 to secure a 2017 NSX. You can go online now at www.acura.com and craft the car you desire. There have
been some issues using internet explorer to navigate the site so use Google Chrome. All Asbury Acura dealers will be pricing the NSX at 12%
above MSRP.

Regards,

Al Hosley
He include a tube of lube in the correspondence or just jam it in raw? ouchie!

haha Gary got hosleed:eek:

Wow. Sounds like the dealers selling at MSRP will get the most business. Of course, as a potential second or third owner I can only view the price gouging with amusement.

I can only hope that Acura reviews the sales contracts and penalizes the dealers who gouge (I know I am dreaming).

It would also be cool if the allocation opening (ability to order that allocated car) had a short expiry as this would force dealers to get deals in place or else lose the allocation (another dream for sure).

I can only hope that Acura reviews the sales contracts and penalizes the dealers who gouge (I know I am dreaming).
It would also be cool if the allocation opening (ability to order that allocated car) had a short expiry as this would force dealers to get deals in place or else lose the allocation (another dream for sure).

I've wondered if the Acura marketing staff had any access to the contracts between buyer and dealer.
Having never seen the documents that go from a dealer to Honda to place an order with the factory I've no idea if a customer's name or pricing appears anywhere.

Does anti-trust law prevent Honda from getting involved in pricing ex dealer?

It could happen that dealers selling at MSRP will fill their allocations quickly and be asking for more, while dealers asking for market adjustments may not sell out and lose allocation.
It's in Honda's interest to sell out the expected production quickly so hopefully they use unsold allocations as a lever against dealers wanting to upcharge.

Back in the day when I bought mine Greenwich acura in Ct was the NE biggest volume nsx dealer...anyone know how many they have been allocated?

FWIW....Acura of Bellevue, WA. 5 allocations/yr.

1st year all spoken for.

Back