• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ordering to commence !

Here is mine,

BUILD SUMMARY

PAINT
130R White

Option
INTERIOR
Red

Option
SEATS
Semi-Aniline Leather /Alcantara® Power Seats
+ $1,500.00

Option
WHEELS
Signature Y-Spoke Wheels

Option
BRAKES
Carbon-Ceramic Rotors With Silver Calipers
+ $10,600.00

Option
EXTERIOR PACKAGE
Carbon Fiber Exterior Sport Package
+ $9,000.00

Option
REAR SPOILER
Carbon Fiber Rear Decklid Spoiler
+ $3,000.00

Option
ENGINE COVER
Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
+ $3,600.00

Option
HEADLINER
Black Alcantara®
+ $1,300.00

Option
INTERIOR PACKAGE
Carbon Fiber Interior Sport Package
+ $2,900.00

Option
AUDIO AND TECHNOLOGY
ELS Studio® Audio + Tech Pkg
+ $2,800.00

Option
ROOF
Carbon Fiber
+ $6,000.00

Option
ACCESSORIES
Door Sill Trim-Illuminated, Carbon Fiber
+ $1,500.00

Option
ACCESSORIES
Cargo Net
+ $50.00

Option
ACCESSORIES
Carpet Set
+ $1,200.00
----------------------

TOTAL: $201,250.00

25199810965_290ecbb8a7_b.jpg

24832124989_ce8ecaa5f0_b.jpg

24572999873_3dc346779b_b.jpg

25199811425_0dd33f1ba9_b.jpg

25199811725_31337455ea_b.jpg

24832126149_4548d33336_b.jpg

24832126279_83f5ffe6a9_b.jpg

25106579621_ae2080f265_b.jpg

24569152284_2a8081ef52_b.jpg

24569152414_aa7af4c4a4_b.jpg

24904187010_ff5d9067b5_b.jpg

In WA (where I live) add another $20K for TTL (10%) ↑↑↑

Here is mine,
In three years I'll pay you $80k for the car you ordered.

Mine was pretty much the same as yours but without all the carbon fiber crap and no floor mats. Are they serious in charging $1,200 for them? I'll get them at Walmart for $9.99. LOL

I agree - when looking at some of the options I say WTF. In my view you simply bundle decent floormats in to the car and don't make them nonsense overpriced accessories.

I would seriously consider this car if I could have it fully loaded around 150k..... But for 200k? I dont think many NSX enthusiasts are going to getting this car. I have a feeling the typical buyer is going to be somewhat random, possibly for exclusivity bragging rights. Acura just isn't a brand where people do not hesitate to drop 200k.

Totally agreed. They are definitely going for another segment altogether at $200K (which probably ends up being over $215 w/ all taxes and charges). As a sidenote, I have been lurking on some forums of higher-priced cars and they don't seem to have the overall knowledge base I see on Prime.

I agree - when looking at some of the options I say WTF. In my view you simply bundle decent floormats in to the car and don't make them nonsense overpriced accessories.

I see your point but they are simply taking a page from Porsche's playbook. And human nature has proven over and over that anyone who is buying something that is so valuable and precious will always spring for the pricey options since they are brand specific and represent a very small portion of the base price.

At the same time, folks who can barely afford the complete car can and sometimes will pony up for the base version.

And maybe they will be able to later add some of these nice features later (different wheels, carbon fiber rear spoiler, carbon fiber engine bay, etc.)

IMHO, power seats and navigation are as standard as air conditioning on a car of this nature, and should be included in the base price. This level of nickel and diming the customer is bad business.

The Nord Gray on the configurator looks more green than charcoal gray. I reluctantly ordered black, as opposed to risking a green car.

This is pretty much par for the course for any of these types of cars. Don't think any other car in this market is any different. At least Acura has the balls to publish the price of the options, unlike Mclaren.

Having the ability to afford certain options, and perceiving value in the cost of said options, are two very different things.

also you can't even get "standard" brakes as they won't be available till late 2016. so basically a 10K tax to acura whether you like it or not... c'mon at north of 200 CDN the navi should be included (seeing as how that is on my phone for pretty much free, same with power seats etc.. I don't recall the original coming with manual seats now did it??? overpriced options is an understatement....
#acurafail .... bummer

Who really uses navi through cars anymore tho?

Most people use google maps on their phones because you usually don't have to type in the address. One tap and go.

I agree that the rear view camera should be standard as with many other new cars today tho...

In three years I'll pay you $80k for the car you ordered.

Mine was pretty much the same as yours but without all the carbon fiber crap and no floor mats. Are they serious in charging $1,200 for them? I'll get them at Walmart for $9.99. LOL

I would love to pick one up as well in three years for 80k, but I don't see that kind of depreciation. As far as I understand, there simly isn't going to be the inventory out there. Isn't the new NSX built to order?

If in three years a used non-salvage NSX 2.0 were $80k, I would hit it. I don't think that'll happen, though.

i built me a white/red/CF bits as well for $196k...

I gotta say, while overall its a neat thing and I have some Brand loyalty (own two Acura's now and have had 5 in my life) my next SUV will be Porsche and my next fun car will be a restomod 69 Mustang or a used McLaren. I'll drop the $13k with SOS and add twin turbo's to my 91 long before I get a new NSX.

Man I feel like a grumpy old guy!

I see a long term problem with the price on options. It works on Ferrari and maybe Porsche but Acura buyers will not put up with this nonsense once the speculators and the wealthy have bought up after year one or two.

AFTER THAT, the enthusiast who are more price conscious will not put up with this kind of pricing on options. And if they buy a base version, they won't be pleased because they want all the bells and whistles. As it approaches a $200K price point, buyer will either walk or get a Porsche or McLaren 570S. Sales will fall and Honda will swear NSX is another sales disaster. All because Sales and Marketing got greedy by gouging the options. There is no freaking way you can reasonably justify $6K for using a different type of paint. More layers of paint, what are you spraying? Liquid gold?

Honda thinks they got some good shit on their hands hence the price structure of options. Wait a few years, I think this car will fall short of their sales projections.

I would provide my example of a buyer (i.e., today's buyer is likely to be demographically different that for gen 1) and I believe there are a lot of folks in the US who can afford and would choose an NSX.

Late 50s big biotech professional with a landlording side business and a few hits in the stock market.

Couldn't afford a gen 1 NSX in 9 1but now, no problemo.

Due to ethnic background will, not buy German (includes Lambo).

Wife does not like the whole Ferrari thing.

I am afraid of McLaren quality and their resale value has been an issue (quality and pumping out too many cars).

I had an S2000 for 7 years but it was too loud and commuting in MA was a drag with 3 pedals.

My wife likes hybrid power (I have a Q50S Hybrid AWD) so the NSX will not create waves.

Yeah, the option prices are crazy. Time to buy a Porsche. [Scans Porsche website] WTF?! Everything is an option! And they are not cheap either! K, lets check out Audi. Same thing. Mclaren? They don't even list the price on their options, which is never a good sign. Lambo/Ferrari? Cars are even more expensive, can't imagine what the option prices would be.

So, what next?

Got this from my dealer in GSO NC this morning. Told him no, so anybody should be able to get it:eek:

Good morning Gary,

We will need a deposit of $20,000.00 to secure a 2017 NSX. You can go online now at www.acura.com and craft the car you desire. There have
been some issues using internet explorer to navigate the site so use Google Chrome. All Asbury Acura dealers will be pricing the NSX at 12%
above MSRP.

Regards,

Al Hosley

Back