• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Owners who cover their NSX's for the winter.

My NSX is currently in my garage with the cover on. I was looking for my sunglasses and one place I hadn't looked was in the Acura. I began uncovering her and when I saw the red paint my heart started to race. I could hear the piece from Formula67's video of Hong's NSX playing in my head. I wanted to hear the engine scream. I really wanted to drive her.

Does anyone else's get excited when they bring their NSX out for the winter?

Hi Nukem, Merry Christmas....

Yep... I leave part of my side skirts showing so I can get a glimpse of the Formula Red daily.

Doesn't look like we will have our cars out for a while... with the snow forcast, the sand and chemicals they put on the road.... I just may have to uncover it, sit down and let it idle every once in a while.

- Rod

I too suffer from this disease. I just peek every now and again just to see it, like jog my memory, and then put the cover back on all misty eyed lol and wait for spring.

I have a heated garage wich I keep crystal clean. I don't cover the car, I find no reason, I actually open my engine glass so I can sneak a look everytime I walk by

Merry Christmas Rbilder and everyone. Yeah Looks like it will be awhile.

Have a SOS Satin cover sitting under the Christmas tree. Looking forward to this "feeling" you all talk about! :biggrin:

I rent a garage from a local storage facility for the winter so the NSX
stays tucked away safe and sound. Fortunatley they have 24/7 access. I had off on Monday and just had to stop by to pull the cover off and take a look at her and its only been 2 weeks. I think its going to be like sneaking out to see my mistress during the winter. Just a few stolen moments here and there. I'm looking forward to the spring!

I've had mine covered up since Nov & I too periodically develop the urge to uncover the sexy vixen and drool over her sultry lines. I will also occassionally get in and reminisce driving her on sunny temperate days.

Like others, I leave just a little red showing out from under the cover just as a tease.

The one thing about having the cars covered up is that you truly savor the times you have driving you beloved cars.

My NSX is currently in my garage with the cover on. I was looking for my sunglasses and one place I hadn't looked was in the Acura. I began uncovering her and when I saw the red paint my heart started to race. I could hear the piece from Formula67's video of Hong's NSX playing in my head. I wanted to hear the engine scream. I really wanted to drive her.

I too went looking for a pair of sunglasses today and felt the same emotion. Snapped a photo

162810_842612964814_11300897_46288619_5348461_n.jpg

are you guys scared that a rat would eat some of the wiring. i had a 560sl i stored away and when i took it out the windows and radio were not working.... turned out something chewed the wires in the warehouse

man i feel sorry for you guys =( i'm able to drive my nsx daily

i feel the same way for putting it into the garage for a couple of days while i work on it. i can't even imagine an entire winter!

Just saw this thread.

You guys really do have a rather unique "relationship" with your cars!

Glad to know I'm not the only one who does these things...:biggrin:

are you guys scared that a rat would eat some of the wiring. i had a 560sl i stored away and when i took it out the windows and radio were not working.... turned out something chewed the wires in the warehouse

The NSX stays in my garage at home but I have other summer vehicles that I store in my warehouse at work. I put mothballs in them, under them and in the trunks to keep rodents away.

The undercover peek is almost a daily ritual for the NSX however!

Mine is in the garage with a factory cover. 1" of Styrofoam is placed against the side of the car cover to prevent door dings, and then a second 4 layer cover is over that. All tied down, so access is never easy.
I usually plan some maintenance project every winter to get under the covers and work and look at the car. The S2000 is in a condo parkade with the same two cover, Styrofoam treatment. I usually just peak under the car for leaks every 3 weeks or so.
No Rats in Alberta.

Last edited:
I can't wait to get her out do the oil change and detail, just to drive her. Atleast I am happy I am not the only one suffering from this...this and LBS(Look Back Syndrome)

Yes here in Atlanta we have no such problems. It was almost 60 degrees yesterday but a bit colder today with a high of 50. It's clear and cold but no snow which we may just get a dabble of on Saturday but it wouldn't be anything that would stick. Might look pretty.

I know you guys up North must be "jonesing" sorry bout that - hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy NY!

Winter in ny is great cause if not my car would have way to many miles, happy holidays all.

I needed to move mine the other day but the battery finally gave up after 7 years. :biggrin: I'll be making a purchase before she comes out next summer.

DSC08382.jpg

"Al Gores's global warming" has caused an unusual cold spell here - normal temps should be in the 50's, yet they are consistantly in the 30"Ss :mad:. So my girl is under her SOS cover and with the battery tender plugged in - and I'm hating it...! Next dry day over 40 I'll fire her up and go for a spin. Can't wait for Springtime... :redface: Jay

Just uncovered mine today and pulled it out of the garage so my brother could get his S2000 (parked behind the NSX) out, loaded on a trailer, and ready for a trip to be traded for an NSX :biggrin:. I miss, looking at my car, hearing my car, and most of all driving my car. I'm all for global warming...everybody buy Suburbans :wink:.

Yes here in Atlanta we have no such problems. It was almost 60 degrees yesterday but a bit colder today with a high of 50. It's clear and cold but no snow which we may just get a dabble of on Saturday but it wouldn't be anything that would stick. Might look pretty.

I know you guys up North must be "jonesing" sorry bout that - hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy NY!

I am home in Atlanta for the holidays(just stationed in Nebraska) I saw the weather and wish I could be driving the Acura. oh well I have to take presents back :rolleyes:

I have a heated garage wich I keep crystal clean. I don't cover the car, I find no reason, I actually open my engine glass so I can sneak a look everytime I walk by
Doesn't it get dusty? I never leave my hatch open so the engine stays clean...and cover car if it won't get driven within a few days to keep the paint clean.
I've never heard a rat/mouse story with an NSX like I have with other cars.

Back