• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Perspective on the GTR from an NSX owner

LOL... Steve don't worry yourself over it. It was probably time for you to move on. It's just that you had the rarest of the rare. White on white 05? OMG that's going to be worth some serious cake one day. Who bought it? Some collector in Japan? Are they on prime?

Lol I just checked out a gtr in the parkade...you guys are right the backseat gives no usefull legroom.I have no idea why nissan made the seat bottom so long..if they just shortened it there might be some chance of leg clearence....

Motortrend just doesn't like the fact that it's not a super powerful supercar, when it looks like one. It's plenty powerful. It's like an NSX. Many other sources liked the car, such as Car magazine and Top gear.

I dont think they said its a bad car at all, but I is in tough company. Power was not their issue though if you read it.

I dont think they said its a bad car at all, but I is in tough company. Power was not their issue though if you read it.

they hated its balance. cars in the UK tend to be drift happy and i am betting it has to do with all the car reviewers being drift happy. you really can't judge a car by the reviews, just drive the damn thing and you will see for yourself.

they hated its balance. cars in the UK tend to be drift happy and i am betting it has to do with all the car reviewers being drift happy. you really can't judge a car by the reviews, just drive the damn thing and you will see for yourself.

It's hard for me to watch the way the UK testers hammer & abuse the test cars in the youtube videos.....not fun entertainment even - what a waste!

GTR, M3, etc are all such heavy cars....I don't understand a 4,000 lb performance car. To me, it seems like it'd feel so sluggish. So much inertia. If I needed a DD with laughable back seats (like GTR and M3) it'd have to be an Evora. It's got that Lotus touch on the handling, but doesn't beat you up. It is also a much more beautiful car. Get the S if you need more pep from it :)
The M3's back seat space is anything but laughable. You can comfortably fit 2 6 feet tall adults one in front of the other. It is IMO the best all rounder out there

Geeze you guys are giving me major sellers remorse!

DSCN2926.jpg
I am sorry for you're loss.LOL:)

white/white!!! WOW! That interior is so beautiful!!
ultimate unicorn......

Last edited:
The M3's back seat space is anything but laughable. You can comfortably fit 2 6 feet tall adults one in front of the other. It is IMO the best all rounder out there

Agreed, but the coupe's rear seating is tight with front seats back (no sedan in 2012-13). 7 speed dual clutch transmission will shift as fast & hard as you want- all programable + matching revs downshifts. Last year of the V8, pulls strong to 8500. This car has the optional BMW lightweight, performance iconel/titanium exhaust. Fantastic growl.

picture.php

Last edited:
Lol I just checked out a gtr in the parkade...you guys are right the backseat gives no usefull legroom.I have no idea why nissan made the seat bottom so long..if they just shortened it there might be some chance of leg clearence....
kinda funny.....I just stopped into a Nissan dealership again today to re-evaluate the back seat room of the GTR.......came to same conclusion, the seat bottom is longer than it needs to be.......

Agreed, but the coupe's rear seating is tight with front seats back (no sedan in 2012-13). 7 speed dual clutch transmission will shift as fast & hard as you want- all programable + matching revs downshifts. Last year of the V8, pulls strong to 8500. This car has the optional BMW lightweight, performance iconel/titanium exhaust. Fantastic growl.

picture.php

I love the LIme Rock M3 !!

The coupe has just about enough room as the sedan, thougn it does not have the middle back seat, which is useless anyway. The M has way more rear legroom than a Lexus IS, at least on the passenger side as the footwell is pretty spacious
AW 2011 6MT ZCP M3 here
3646ca84294a11e28e3c22000a1f9d44_7.jpg

Steve are you gonna tell us where the NSX went? How many 2005 white/white were made?

Steve are you gonna tell us where the NSX went? How many 2005 white/white were made?

Car went to NY State.....

In 2005 there were 7 GPW & 2 with white/black interior (as Honda called it). I heard that maybe 2 or 3 bit the dust since & are no longer. I purchased the car new at St. Louis Acura in 2005. Flew out & drove it home to Seattle -#150 out of 250 total for 2005. Had just over 10K miles total in the 5 years I owned it (2500 of those miles was the drive from St. Louis - Seattle). Great looking car!

^I think there's only so much numbers on a spec sheet can show. Saying that the Evo X is 85% of the GTR at 55% of the price is like saying the Toyota MR2 Turbo is 90% of the NSX at 10% of the price. As a former MR2 Turbo owner, I know that a lightly modded MR2 (or JDM GenIII) can spank a USDM NSX, but the experience won't be the same. This abstract quality is what makes an NSX>MR2 and GTR>EVO and, therefore, not too many people will cross-shop the two classes of vehicles regardless of price point.

FWIW, I think the GTR has proven its worth over and over again. It may not be the best performer in any single category, but as a package, it sure as hell will surprise you with what it can do.

Re: GTR Launch Control reactions ;-)

My buddy has a 2009 GT-R. I was leafing through the owners Guide / Maintenance Guide and in the maintenance log, there is a page for transmission replacement. (Transmission Assembly Replacement Record) This is where you record the old and new transmission serial number, mileage and date of replacement.
The funny thing is there is room for 7 entries. That would be 7 replacements, 8 in total. I doubt if any other car has this expectation.

Last edited:

My buddy has a 2009 GT-R. I was leafing through the owners Guide / Maintenance Guide and in the maintenance log, there is a page for transmission replacement. (Transmission Assembly Replacement Record) This is where you record the old and new transmission serial number, mileage and date of replacement.
The funny thing is there is room for 7 entries. That would be 7 replacements, 8 in total. I doubt if any other car has this expectation.

From reading NAGTROC, the transmission is the weak link. I'm sure the Nissan engineers knew this before the car was released. But what I really applaud Nissan for is constantly updating the platform on a yearly basis. The incremental improvements really add up as can be seen by all around performance numbers (and price increases :frown:). The current tranny is probably not the best it could be, it is much improved from the initial offerings.

From reading NAGTROC, the transmission is the weak link. I'm sure the Nissan engineers knew this before the car was released. But what I really applaud Nissan for is constantly updating the platform on a yearly basis. The incremental improvements really add up as can be seen by all around performance numbers (and price increases :frown:). The current tranny is probably not the best it could be, it is much improved from the initial offerings.

I saw the transmission design video by R35 chief designer Kazutoshi Mizuno, the idea is great especially the vibration control during high speed, but I am not sure about the durability.

Attachments

• r35.jpg
    r35.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 244
Back