• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Photoshoot today under a bridge

There's a car show here on Feb 2011 and I need to take photos of my car to submit with my application. So I grabbed my gear and found a place under a bridge. Here's some of what I got. I hope I can make it in the show because I will be ordering parts this week.. Hope you guys like it..

p483043943-5.jpg

p135184174-5.jpg

p120262412-5.jpg

p474456933-5.jpg

p45668162-5.jpg

My engine bay needs a lot of work and my strut bar is up-side down. lol. I am buying things this week that should help it out a little bit.
p240200425-5.jpg

p435823326-5.jpg

p149364423-5.jpg

p34091324-5.jpg

The car looks sweet. BTW what kind of camera/lens combo?
My comments on photos is try not to have anything growing from it. EX.pic1(pillar) pic2(pillars) pic3(dumpster) pic5(bushes)

That looks EXCELLENT! One of the best yellow NSX's I've ever seen. PERFECTLY modded.

Great photography like others have mentioned, either the lower ground effects needs to be toned down, or you need much more aggressive looking wheels ( your fitment was spot on though ). The advan Model 5's are very nice for stock bodied nsx's, not so much with this particular setup.

The car looks sweet. BTW what kind of camera/lens combo?
My comments on photos is try not to have anything growing from it. EX.pic1(pillar) pic2(pillars) pic3(dumpster) pic5(bushes)

Thank you.. I was using 5D Mark II, 70-200 2.8L and 24-70 EF. I didn't like the 24-70 pictures.. Actually when I did this, I really looked on poles sticking on top of my car but never thought of the pillars.. LOL.. Thank you for pointing it out..

synth19, EAC and s14_tat:
You guys a make perfect point and I can definitely see it. I was debating 2 years ago which skirts I should get but I opted with the Marga Hills style and I can see it now that maybe I should've gotten the Stacy's side-skirts. I could also change my rims but going with 18/19 set-up means more money for tires and possibly big brake kit to fill it. Besides, there are perfomance benefits with my current size.

I am considering changing the skirts to Stacy's.. What do you guys think? The Marga Hills front bumper is not as aggressive looking so it should work. The added benefit is that (I am only assuming here), the stacy's skirts won't be as low as my existing skirts especially in the back and therefore I can lower the car a little bit more.

Thanks for pointing it out guys.

Nim

I think the size of the rims are perfect. Just the styling is too OEM with the model 5's. Some TE37, CE28, or Work Meister S1's in the same size would do the trick.

Where is the 3/4 front or rear shot so you can appreciate the depth of the wheels or aggressive lines from the fenders and sides?

I think people are just trying to get you to put your advan's on the market forum. :tongue:
1st dibs if you do.:tongue:

I think for all those ducts and curves on that car it needs wheels that have more concavity in the spokes. The wheels practically look oem while the rest of the car looks like a race car. Don't get me wrong, I love the model 5's but it does not work with this particular setup. Either he loses the ground effects or changes the wheels to match the side skirts and bumper.

Love the pics! Love the car more :) Thanks for sharing.

Hmmmm. Side-skirts or rims??? Decisions... Decisions.. Decisions... lol... Thanks for the input guys and your compliments, I really appreciate it.

eraxpres:
Actually this is under Vallejo bridge under I-80 near the C&H sugar factory.

I'd say your front bumper would be the most aggressive part. I would get rid of bumper before side skirts. A oem bumper with a shine lip would be perfect with those wheels.

Almost perfect man. Looks great, one of the best looking NSXs I've seen in a while here on prime. Only thing is that front bumper doesn't have the side vents like the original Marga hill bumper. I think that kit is one of the best ever made for the NSX. Too bad it's almost impossible to find a complete kit and that they didn't have great fitment.

Back