• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PJR wing

I thought I share my wing design and my thoughts/expected goals when starting this a few years ago. I felt as if the OEM wing was great but needed a little something, so I set my goals as follows:
Improving downforce, need to flow with original body lines (look clean/integrated and in my mind OEMish, if that makes any sense), light weight and retain the original 3rd brake ligh as I consider it "the NSX signature" all this while looking good (I know....."beauty is in the eye of the beholder)
. Here is the end result, the PJR typeX(100% Carbonfiber, no fiberglass used to achieve lightness)
attachment.php
IMG_1790.jpgIMG_0029.JPG

Last edited:
WOW! I'm not the only one who loves the signature oem brakelight! Type-R is poo. Details please! I have seen your painted one years ago but not this carbon one. Time to set up a vendor account.:wink:

I also see some vacuum bagging.

WOW! I'm not the only one who loves the signature oem brakelight! Type-R is poo. Details please! I have seen your painted one years ago but not this carbon one. Time to set up a vendor account.:wink:
I might need to, but maybe not, as I only plan on making a few (with the purpose to maintain exclusiveness)

This is definitely an improvement... No need to get a gurney flap AND you get the OEM brake light look!

What LED kit is that for the tail light? Also what rear valence is that? I wonder what it looks like from the side.

Very cool. What is the view from rear view mirror? View totally blocked? How does view compare to R wing?

This is definitely an improvement... No need to get a gurney flap AND you get the OEM brake light look!

What LED kit is that for the tail light? Also what rear valence is that? I wonder what it looks like from the side.
The lights are from ARC Lights and the rear valance is a Seibon version of the 02, if you were referring to the diffuser, that is a one off carbon piece that I made to match the lines of the wing.

so when's the group buy? :)
As far as a group buy.....I proposed one a while back on FB, but there wasn't much interest, and at this point, I figured making just a few, in order to make it just a little special! So I decided to not produce any more than the 3, one being mine, one that is going to the only person that purchased from the GB and the 3rd one is up for grabs!

Very cool. What is the view from rear view mirror? View totally blocked? How does view compare to R wing?
As far as the view from the rear view mirror goes, I'd say it is partially obstructed by the wing, similarly to the type r wing. This is going to vary due to seat height and position, but in my case it usually blocks the average headlight beam from the cars behind!

holy crap that is BADASS!!!! awesome work man!

damn and i just got the pride cf nsxr wing last week but if i didnt, i'd totally ask to buy the 3rd wing from you! Does anyone wanna buy my near mint pride cf wing? lol

holy crap that is BADASS!!!! awesome work man!

damn and i just got the pride cf nsxr wing last week but if i didnt, i'd totally ask to buy the 3rd wing from you! Does anyone wanna buy my near mint pride cf wing? lol
Thanks!:joyous:

Very unique! Me lickey!

Back