• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

[1st Gen] Pole 2 Flag - Carbon Center Console NSX-R Style WIP and MORE

Here are some pix of the plug we made for the center console and it will have oem style mounting and in full carbon so you can cut it out for double DIN if you you choose and the part remains stiff. It is not pre-preg(dry carbon) but a method similar to RTM so its stiff, strong, perfect fit and aesthetically spot on. :smile:

Est. 1st article in a month and est. price is ~$450 or less, Made in California.:biggrin:

Next item on the list is the side duct that bulges out to flow more air w/ support CFD data . We'll offer this piece with the center console as a package deal when the time comes. Hopefully by NSXPO.:rolleyes:

After that on the list is a street frt splitter that comes straight out to gain more ground clearance. Expecting early next year for the release. Depending on demand, a full race splitter is measured and will be offered for the track guys.:eek:

Another item is an adjustable OEM style wing in pre-preg and we should have one to show at the Expo.:wink:

Other sales items from Pole 2 Flag Racing is found here.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ABS-Delete-ARB2-0-Pre-preg-bumper-Brake-Lines

Last edited:
In for the side ducts!

Any sample renderings? I hope it's a bit better looking than the DF ones. Maybe even incorporate some flavor of the R8/650S style.

Can I work with you please on the adjustable wing? The community is overdue for an OEM style, but functional adjustable wing!

Keen to see this wing I have been close to pulling the trigger on a big wing out back for some time, also do you think you might make a RHD centre console version?

Thx for the interests guys.

>Any sample renderings? I hope it's a bit better looking than the DF ones. Maybe even incorporate some flavor of the R8/650S style.

>Can I work with you please on the adjustable wing? The community is overdue for an OEM style, but functional adjustable wing!
Keen to see this wing I have been close to pulling the trigger on a big wing out back for some time, also do you think you might make a RHD centre console version?
Will this wing be compatible with the OEM 3rd brake light?

Still on the drawing board. No rendering until CFD. Trying to finish and sell a few center consoles first:wink: AFAIR, the DF has a lip protruding out a bit like JDM style but we doubt it flows more, the R8/650S have much larger opening than our car which has little to work with. Our duct needs to be a bolt on, non-cutting, not gaudy, but functional. We'll do our best to blend in the body curve and we foresee more like the GT40 duct/scoop:eek::confused:. We'll CFD the oem and our duct and post the results. Its a bit of gamble for us to build this part having so little to work with and we hope the improvement is enough so folks will buy:frown:. Somehow we wish the oem ducts weren't so heavy and just leave it alone. We'll keep your suggestion in mind Regan.

We welcome ideas but don't take it personally if we could not/did not incorporate your ideas as its impossible to please everyone so it has to make business sense for us. (well, as much as possible and probably not possible building niche parts)

Cameron, the RHD console will happen IFF we can get enough buyers to sign up and pay. If you know many folks on your side, we're willing to proceed. Otherwise we can't move forward.

As for now, we are planning 3 stages for the wing. We hope we can pull this off "biz-wise" keeping cost in check....It is not easy.

Stage I - oem look and adjustable Indy style. Leading edge stays oem with trailing edge smooth out the little flow we have in the rear, thus, probably no 3rd brake light. We thought of incorporate red LED in the 3rd light crevice but its between messing with the harness or smooth the trailing edge, we picked the latter as this is a "play" wing w/ oem look but a little different. Would it look funny? thats subjective. We think when the wing is UP, it will look better with the smooth trailing edge than the wedgy oem trailing edge. At any NSX meet, there is at least 50/50 oem wing and other wings. Your trunk struts will thank you for this part as it will be "pre-preg uber" light and we hope folks will buy.

Stage II - IFF Stage I does well, it will be a proven air foil (shape in hand and tested not in CFD) and adjustable Indy style from 0-14*(?) AOA. We are thinking R-wing height so its not so loud.

Stage III - IFF Stage II does well, it will be a multi-functional "big" wing in clean air. :wink: but its has to go with a real splitter so the car won't porpoise.

We have to take one step at a time so we don't over-promise and under-deliver. It has been fun for us making/engineer go fast parts and able to reconnect our "seasoned" resources who understand the NSX platform from our IMSA past. We thank you for your support and ideas.

Last edited:
Tim, this is all just a suggestion. I wont' be offended if you don't use any of them :)

I have been contemplating working with Kognition on building a wing like this. I'd much rather you take on the project since you know the NSX.

I would LOVE a height or rake adjustable that looks a bit like the DMC wing below. I think the slight convex bow (like the real Type R) is very important to the look)

DMC15101.jpg

Last edited:
If we get there, our Stage III wing will be better than this IMO. As cool as this wing looks, it doesn't look like an airfoil but who cares as long its bada$$$. It looks static-adjustable and there are many of them on the market already so ours won't be like that if we do it. But realistically, how many are willing and able to pay is the bigger question? I am too curious not to build one and see.

Just the other nite, I was@ 80mph with medium traffic, a noisy Lambo pulled beside me quickly wanting to show off and he did. Within 5 secs, he did not pull away quickly, he launched and it took off like a Pro Stock leaving the line with puff of black smoke:eek:......Man, he must be on crack, it was awesome....Then he stopped at the next gas station and I did not.:biggrin:

It all depends how we are received with Stage I and II. Nice to have a spare Speedway wing...just in case......of what? we don;'t know.:smile:

That DMC wing tho....... ok will wait and see what Stage 3 looks like I run a large splitter so want more than another R version size wing.
I think there are a bunch of Aussie owners who may be after a RHD console so might bump that thread again with a link here

Back