• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Porsche Cayman S and price increases

Porsche prices increase

Porsche will raise prices in all markets for certain models by as much as 2.8 percent beginning June 1 because of strong demand for its lineup, the German luxury carmaker told Reuters last week. Models affected include the 2005 Cayenne S SUV and Boxster and Boxster S sports cars. In addition, Porsche said its next-generation 911 sports cars, also known as the 997, will cost 2 percent more than current-generation 911s starting Aug. 1. (source autoweek.com)

Cayman info is here: http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102455

It looks a little strange to me. Lots of HP and TQ though.

Also note:

"As a measure of the Cayman’s ability, Porsche claims a prototype version lapped the Nürburgring’s North Loop in eight minutes and 11 seconds in the hands of former rally ace Walter Röhrl—an improvement of seven seconds over the time he recorded in a similar specification Boxster S late last year, and four seconds faster than the 911 Carrera."

I like that new Cayman S!

Funny that ppl will line up to buy it for $80ishK and then suggest that NSXs are rips, when in fact the cars look very similar on paper, and cost about the same (if the lease promotion is considered the Pcar would be MUCH more even).

SPA_S2000 said:
I like that new Cayman S!

Funny that ppl will line up to buy it for $80ishK and then suggest that NSXs are rips, when in fact the cars look very similar on paper, and cost about the same (if the lease promotion is considered the Pcar would be MUCH more even).

Excellent thought. Most try to explain it away by stating something along the lines of pedigree. Which is just as absurd. The NSX is a great buy for the $$$'s if you look at the cars that are in it's price range. (Barring the Z06)
The porsches, to better the performance, will cost you much more. I am basing my statement on what people are paying for both cars.

When people are able to snatch up the NSX at what 73-75? It's hard to say it's overvalued. I love the 997, but I would be hard for me to buy it over the NSX. The 997 C4S maybe, but it will cost you about 90K (Not loaded)

The Cayman would be a consideration, however, it will be everywhere. They will sell the heck out of this car because it fits in so many different growing segments. I would love to have it as a track car.

I can't wait to see they Cayman in Real panel. I wouldn't buy it new though, I think it will depreciate like crazy off the premium that they will ask for it.
JAO

Ive already got my deposit in at Ray Catena Porsche. They say ill be one of the first to get one :rolleyes: Ive had my deposit down for about 2 yrs already. :biggrin:

You guys see that the Cayman S ran the ring in 8:11? Thats faster than a NSX-R, no?

Faster than a F355 also. Maybe this car's a little more than we may think?

As is stated on the earliest of Cayman Posts, this is going to be a popular car, especially on the road course and auto cross circuits.
I am with BA, I have a deposit down as well. May be hello Cayman, goodbye Cayenne.

Len

It listed a 0-62 time of 5-.4 seconds. That's fast, but shouldn't it be more like 4.9 or so?

SPA_S2000 said:
You guys see that the Cayman S ran the ring in 8:11? Thats faster than a NSX-R, no?

No. At least not the long course. The NSX-R was timed at 7:56 on the long course.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Ive already got my deposit in at Ray Catena Porsche. They say ill be one of the first to get one :rolleyes: Ive had my deposit down for about 2 yrs already. :biggrin:

Do get a discount at a competing dealer??

Meeyatch1 said:
Do get a discount at a competing dealer??

i plead the 5th :biggrin:

What I do like is the fact the Porsche is finially developing their midengine car. Excluding the Carrera GT, this Cayman definately has much more potential in the long run than the 911. All the rear engine 911 fans will hate it, but could this midengine Cayman one day take over the 911 spot? I can see it right now all the Cayman owners modifying their cars and beating the 911 guys around the track. Put 320 HP in this car and could it break the 8 minute north track time? What if this car had the same HP as GT2 or GT3? Or even the current 911 turbo?

ChrisK said:
. Put 320 HP in this car and could it break the 8 minute north track time? What if this car had the same HP as GT2 or GT3? Or even the current 911 turbo?

I ponder that question often as I look at my retail order from the dealership!
Color is the hardest decision. I know Im going to get something wacky and very loud :biggrin:

Back