• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So really... What are your choices in the NC1 price range?

Congratulations and enjoy it in the best of health.

Plus you will be able to drive the car whenever you want instead of taking your time to deal with McLaren service when XYZ goes wrong with it.

Absolutely. That was one of the biggest considerations.

For example, one of the McLarens I looked at had a battery issue, and the battery had to be replaced. And apparently, the new battery was almost $3K installed at the McLaren dealer. Another McLaren I looked at had a very slight chip on the windshield... and it would be another $3K to replace the windshield and the wait time for the new windshield was several weeks.

I would be too anxious to drive the McLaren wondering what will break. And when something breaks, it would be such a hassle to get it fixed.

Thank you. It's already home - I have been enjoying driving it this week. I need to take some proper pictures.

It's 2019 Black & Black, 1 owner with many options: carbon brakes, carbon roof, carbon trunk spoiler, carbon exterior, carbon interior, carbon engine cover, Alcantara headliner, full leather, ESL... 6K miles, but climbing up quickly (I just love driving it)!

Congrats! We got to get a drive on the books when the weather warms up. Interesting how many NSX owners own an example of each generation. NC1 and NA1/2.

Folks that like the more fun Honda products tend to pile them up.

CRX (we had an 84 1.5), Prelude to a lesser extent, S2000 (I had a 2000), Integra, NSX, Legend coupe to a lesser extent.

The Del Sol was a puzzling car to me. I liked the fact that it opened up but it was considered heavy (Del Slow) and didn't follow the roomy interior/storage space that the CRX had.

My understanding is that some Gen 1 NSX parts are getting harder to come by so a Gen 2 will be easier to keep rolling a Honda for a while.

Congrats! We got to get a drive on the books when the weather warms up. Interesting how many NSX owners own an example of each generation. NC1 and NA1/2.

Thank you so much. Can't wait for the weather to warm up!

Bricks and Bio said:

I had an AP1 and AP2 S2000s in the past, but realized that I just wasn't a convertible person no matter how awesome they were/are. The 5th gen Prelude fit more into what I wanted. So, I still have one!

But I detracted from the original post.

At the price range of the NC1, I personally believe that the NC1 is hard to beat. Compared to the McLarens, Audis, Porsches, and Ferraris, there are fewer NC1s in the market - making it very exclusive/unique. And it feels like it's finally getting more understood and appreciated. Just like how the Gen 1 NSX was when it was misunderstood and underappreciated for so long.

CRX (we had an 84 1.5), Prelude to a lesser extent, S2000 (I had a 2000), Integra, NSX, Legend coupe to a lesser extent.

The Del Sol was a puzzling car to me. I liked the fact that it opened up but it was considered heavy (Del Slow) and didn't follow the roomy interior/storage space that the CRX had.

My understanding is that some Gen 1 NSX parts are getting harder to come by so a Gen 2 will be easier to keep rolling a Honda for a while.

Sadly I'm a Honda hoarder as well. The Del Sol is amazing and so misunderstood. I also think it's undervalued for what they are. The VTEC B series examples are screamers. I wanted one but put condition before trim level, ultimately settling on a pristine Samba Green example I bought from a fellow hoarder and NSX owner. I also have 88 and 89 CRX Si's and a 2000 S2000. There's something about these cars that I just love.

Sadly, I foresee little to no usage once the NSX gets delivered. Never owned anything like it, beyond excited.

Back