• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post your most recent picture of your NSX...

installed some LEDs in the turning signal spot. they turn orange when they blink, so its legit lol
524078_509549939091183_412120129_n.jpg

Love it, way better than the ones you stick below the turn signal.

installed some LEDs in the turning signal spot. they turn orange when they blink, so its legit lol
524078_509549939091183_412120129_n.jpg
I installed the same set up this winter, did you use the amber bulbs or did you find amber led's that worked?

I have an extra set of 2002+ lights sitting here as spares for my car and was thinking of modifying them but I don't see how it can look like the new Viper lights, just no room!

Bumper lights look fine for me:
IMG_1050-1.jpg

LEDDRL_1.jpg

rollingnsx.jpg

But we do offer integrated lights too:
IMG_2479.jpg

I have an extra set of 2002+ lights sitting here as spares for my car and was thinking of modifying them but I don't see how it can look like the new Viper lights, just no room!

Bumper lights look fine for me:
IMG_1050-1.jpg

LEDDRL_1.jpg

rollingnsx.jpg

But we do offer integrated lights too:
IMG_2479.jpg

They look ok. A little tacky if you ask me. That's just me. The last picture seems more doable :wink:. Add on LED probably looks nice at night when on but during the day time, nah!

I installed the same set up this winter, did you use the amber bulbs or did you find amber led's that worked?
are you referring to the fact that the blinkers still work? i bought a setup that had both DRL and amber turn signal LEDs on one circuit board. just had to wire each individually...

The Californian in me is freaking out about those wheels over the NSX. I know there aren't usually earthquakes in Michigan but...

are you referring to the fact that the blinkers still work? i bought a setup that had both DRL and amber turn signal LEDs on one circuit board. just had to wire each individually...

Who did you buy yours through? With my turn signals, I still have the amber bulbs my DRL's are LEDs but the same set up as yours. They look nice on your car good choice

Who did you buy yours through? With my turn signals, I still have the amber bulbs my DRL's are LEDs but the same set up as yours. They look nice on your car good choice
thanks for the compliment :biggrin:

these are the ones i bought: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Porsche-Cayenne-Style-Switchback-LED-DRL-p/led_ddl_7f.htm
I completely took apart the housing and just used the reflective part inside and integrated that into my turn signal housing. If you click on the "switchback led lights" on the left side menu bar, i think there are other options that do the same thing.

From today... on the OEM's still with rear spacers while I wait for my Model 5's to come back from refinishing.

3-16_zps39727627.jpg

s4play, you lack vision....this is why you fail (Yodas voice) lol

Anyway, car is back home after many months in storage View attachment 99064

LOL ~ I've been known to be pretty infamous for some of my car work but never lack of vision :)

Sometimes doing these lights for the pre 2002+ models makes me wish I should pickup another NSX with flip-up lights just to run our integrated blinkers. These are guaranteed brighter than any SMT LED strip type LED. In picture any LED can be made to look bright but this light setup rivals Audi/Porsche OEM brightness.

IMG_0821-1.jpg

But for 2002+ cars really this is the only option and I think it looks plenty OEM, not tacked on. Many cars including the 997 Turbo puts the LED's in this location so I don't see why the NSX can't pull it off.

Level2LEDDRL.jpg

997 doesn't exactly put them in that location. If its not part of the body, it looks added on to me. Sitting in the OEM location under pop up lights looks more OEM than inside the vent. Especially because it doesn't fill the area side to side and half of them look crooked and with gaps. They just look screwed in or glued on. The light itself is fine.

Back