• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Potential traitor in our midst!!!!

When are you hopping on a plane to check it out? Are you keeping it in Florida or bringing it to NY?

When are you hopping on a plane to check it out? Are you keeping it in Florida or bringing it to NY?

All depends.

Before I go I need to tie up all my loose ends here. We have several houses to complete, should be done in 2 weeks. As for bringing it back....if it is not a finicky car I will bring it back to NY in the spring. If it gives me fits I will be trading it for a Gallardo spyder.

BOL Steve, get your butt down to Fla to give it a test/owner drive and see if you did well!!! Enjoy it, post up some pictures/clips and bring it up North in the spring!!! :biggrin:

Something to hold you over steve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLSZWKuUCZU

I hope your friend isn't "revving it" the way the guys at the parking garage drove it in the movie.:biggrin: Its at 6:51 in the Youtube link.

BTW, TDF is absolutely stunning. Too bad I have a Cobalt Blue GT3. But I think I am going to go with either red or yellow 360/430 in the future.

Congrats!!

The car arrived today in Florida. Although I have not seen the car my buddy who collected the car off the truck says it looks awesome. He started it up and gave it a few revs so I could hear it over the phone. WOW!

Congrats, man. I can only imagine how happy you must be. I would be so excited I would have to fly to Florida and drive it home. :D

Yeah get it home just in time for the snow to fly. I won't be bringing it back until march or april.

So that would mean you could spend all winter polishing your new 360. What is so bad about that? :biggrin: :cool:

So that would mean you could spend all winter polishing your new 360. What is so bad about that? :biggrin: :cool:

Really no difference between that and rubbing oil on a supermodel I guess.

I am driving this car. I made the mistake of not driving my NSX as much as I could have. I won't do that again. I should have never sold my NSX. :frown:

Sitting in a hotel in North Carolina right now. I will see the car tomorrow for the first time around 5 pm. :cool:

what the hell are you doing in NC? it's only a 3 hour flight to florida!! you couldn't get all the way there in a day?? :p

that would be absolutely killing me with a 360 waiting for me only a few hours away.

what the hell are you doing in NC? it's only a 3 hour flight to florida!! you couldn't get all the way there in a day?? :p

that would be absolutely killing me with a 360 waiting for me only a few hours away.

driving down in the Cayenne. Wife needs a vehicle down there for the winter so we drive down the first time. The rest of the winter is flying back and fourth. Tomorrow is the big day. :smile:

He's already hanging out with his new friends. :frown:

snob.jpg

woman_snob.gif

hehe :tongue:

I hit traffic last night and got here late. I put the plate on but I waited to take it out today. I just woke up.

It's so funny. There is a thread over on F-chat about dirty windshield. I thought it was maybe the owners just being overly picky. Well I get here last night and open the garage and there sits the car with a windshield so dirty on the inside I was unable to see out at night. I was LOL thinking of the thread on F-chat. So I decided to wait until today and clean the windshield first. It really is unbelievable how dirty it is.

I am driving this car. I made the mistake of not driving my NSX as much as I could have. I won't do that again. I should have never sold my NSX. :frown:

Hi

Congrats on the car. How do you plan to drive your 360 as much as you can? I thought the NSX was good for it, but not a Fellalli :wink:

Regards

Enjoy the car! You will LOVE that sound when you run it at wide open throttle! The last time I drove a Ferrari 360 I was grinning ear to ear for the entire day. :biggrin:

The last time I drove a Ferrari 360 I was grinning ear to ear for the entire day. :biggrin:

Yeah that was pretty much all day today. I really hope I stay out of trouble with this car. It is really fast. you can really feel the the car is purpose built. The handling is top notch. The rear tires are steam roller wide and the car hooks up immediately. After the car warms up it is a monster!

I saw a silver NSX today on A1A while I was out in the Cayenne.

By purpose built I mean like a plane is built to fly this car is built for speed. I can see how every part is enginered for the car. A lot of the parts look as though they are aviation quality.

I saw a silver NSX today on A1A while I was out in the Cayenne.

Hi

I would have noticed you in the 360, but in the suv I did not see you :wink:

Regards

Hi

I would have noticed you in the 360, but in the suv I did not see you :wink:

Regards

up north I have to explain on a daily basis the cayenne because no one has ever seen one up there. I have only ever seen a few other ones myself. Yesterday I went in a restaurant to eat, came out and there was a cayenne parked on both sides of my cayenne. :rolleyes:

steve,

congrats on arriving safe and enjoying your new ride! post a pic of you and your bride with the car when you get a chance.

hal

Best color ever on a Ferrari. I know a lot of people think only of Red when thinking of Ferrari. Then again, which red, since Ferrari makes a number of them and only a tifosi can tell the difference on 3 of them!

That said, the TDF really is a beautiful color and those wheels look great.

As far the the poster about the 355, please remember these are two different cars. The 360 is certainly not in NSX territory as far as service needs/costs, but compared to the 355, which had a number of expensive issues (shocks, cats/exhaust manifolds/interior trim gumming up, etc) the 360 has been a much more reliable car, especially 2001 and newer models. Also the belt service does not require dropping the engine out like the 355, which was a huge expense on the 355. A belt job on a 360 is found for as little as $2K in the aftermarket, which is about 1/3 of what it cost on the 355. Still, the myth continues, which is why the car Steven purchased would have been bringing $10-25K more (depending on who you ask) if it had 5-10K less miles. It's like the myth about Euro models being inferior to the US ones.

In summary, congrats on the car and enjoy it! The only negatives I can see about that car at all are:
I would never be able to keep that color interior clean!! You will need to climb into a Tyvek suit before driving!:wink:
I have heard no mention of the girl in the pics. Do I assume you did not negotiate hard and get her thrown into the deal?:biggrin:

Steven, I wanted to get your opinion on the car now that you have had a chance to drive and drool all over it. I have been considering a 360 spider myself. It's probably more of a financial stretch for me than you, but I have a business I am in the process of selling (not the one in my avatar!)
and if I buy one it will be my "reward":wink: .

My questions are:

How does the 360 feel compared to the NSX. I assume more power (duh:biggrin: ), but steering, shifter, etc. and do you feel like you sit more up in the car? I really like the way I feel like I am sitting on the ground in the NSX with the shifter and pedals more even with me than below me.

Does the car feel smaller or bigger than the NSX when driving it.

Is the quality of the switchgear better/worse/same, just different than the NSX? Not that the NSX is exemplary, just trying to get a comparison. I would expect better, but since I have not had a chance to try one yet, I am just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Any cons to the 360 vs. the NSX? I am sure there are sure to be some, but I did not know if you had anything you might be able to point out.

Unfortunately, I live in an area with a total of probably less than 20 Ferraris in the whole county, with only 3-4 360/430 models here, and sightings are too rare to be able to actually catch an owner and ask him/her about it.
I know from reading your posts on Prime that you are a straight up guy who is not a troll or would blow smoke up my butt about it. Forgive me for asking on Prime, but I thought you might be less inclined to hype up the F-car since some people there might be offended that I would even ask for a comparision to the NSX.

BTW, I plan to either make a trip up to NC or down to Atlanta to check one out for myself, but there are a few in FL I might just fly down to look at since they are ones I would actually consider buying and the prices are in my ballpark considering mileage, options, year etc.

Thanks in advance for the info!

(PS-PM me if you are afraid another F-chatter might see you post a slightly less than stellar opinion of anything Ferrari related and ban you:biggrin: :biggrin: :wink:

Steven, I wanted to get your opinion on the car now that you have had a chance to drive and drool all over it. I have been considering a 360 spider myself. It's probably more of a financial stretch for me than you, but I have a business I am in the process of selling (not the one in my avatar!)
and if I buy one it will be my "reward":wink: .

Wow. How can I awnser this question and not offend anyone. First off buy the car you won't be sorry. If you can swing it keep the NSX or you will be sorry, especially if the NSX is one you searched for and love like your own appendage. I know that is how I felt about my NSX and now that I have a true sports car again I miss the NSX even more.

My questions are:

How does the 360 feel compared to the NSX. I assume more power (duh:biggrin: ), but steering, shifter, etc. and do you feel like you sit more up in the car? I really like the way I feel like I am sitting on the ground in the NSX with the shifter and pedals more even with me than below me.

Defiantly more power. The steering is as precise as the NSX if not just a bit better. Really tough to tell as I remember the handling on my NSX more after I installed after market wheels. Once again I should have never messed with the original NSX setup. Honda wanted the NSX a way for a reason.
The shifter is better than the NSX once the Ferrari is properly warmed up. I feel like I sit lower in the Ferrari, actually much lower than I sat in the NSX. The seats in the Ferrari fit my body much better than the seats in the NSX did. I don't like the clutch pedal in the Ferrari as much as the clutch pedal in the NSX. I wear sandals almost all the time and they tend to drag on the side of the foot well when I shift gears in the Ferrari. The seating position in the Ferrari seems more closer to a race car than the seating position in the NSX was. I like the layout of the NSX dash a lot more. In fact IMO the layout of the 300ZX dash and the NSX dash are the best layouts of all time. I love that sloped look and the center tunnel that separate the driver and passengers compartments.

Does the car feel smaller or bigger than the NSX when driving it.

The Ferrari feels A LOT bigger not just a little bigger. It was the first thing I noticed. the car appears to be as wide as it is long. Down here in Florida there are reflectors embedded in the road. I find myself running them over them all the time because the car is so wide. I keep adjusting the car toward the edge of the road constantly.

Is the quality of the switchgear better/worse/same, just different than the NSX? Not that the NSX is exemplary, just trying to get a comparison. I would expect better, but since I have not had a chance to try one yet, I am just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

The parts that comprise the car are better than the NSX. Seems like they would have to be to justify the price. A lot of the parts remind me of aviation parts. You can tell they are hand made. The paint is some of the best paint I have ever seen. It is very apparent the previous owner took care of this particular car. I would like the switches a lot more if they were uncoated aluminum. they seem to be coated with some sort of black coating that I think would wear off if over used.

Any cons to the 360 vs. the NSX? I am sure there are sure to be some, but I did not know if you had anything you might be able to point out..

Cons....control. This car will take a lot of control on my part.

Unfortunately, I live in an area with a total of probably less than 20 Ferrari's in the whole county, with only 3-4 360/430 models here, and sightings are too rare to be able to actually catch an owner and ask him/her about it.
I know from reading your posts on Prime that you are a straight up guy who is not a troll or would blow smoke up my butt about it. Forgive me for asking on Prime, but I thought you might be less inclined to hype up the F-car since some people there might be offended that I would even ask for a comparision to the NSX.

Before I bought this Ferrari I had only ever seen one other 360 in my life and that was in California. I am sure there is not one other 360 in my neck of the NY woods within 75 miles. Buying this car is a dream that I had for a VERY long time. I am happy I bought it and I love driving it.

BTW, I plan to either make a trip up to NC or down to Atlanta to check one out for myself, but there are a few in FL I might just fly down to look at since they are ones I would actually consider buying and the prices are in my ballpark considering mileage, options, year etc.

Swing by the Florida house if you are in the area.

(PS-PM me if you are afraid another F-chatter might see you post a slightly less than stellar opinion of anything Ferrari related and ban you:biggrin: :biggrin: :wink:
I hope no one values my opinion enough to dislike me for it. :biggrin:

Back