• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project NSX-R "cosmetic" conversion and non NSX-R related parts

dude... your NSX-R is beautifull....

i have a question though.... are your rims NSX-R OEM or regular 2002+ wheels painted white??

thanks and once again...congratulations on a gorgeous NSX...

Just needs the color matched headlight housing and it will look more complete. As Borat would say... "Very nice!"

Just needs the color matched headlight housing and it will look more complete. As Borat would say... "Very nice!"
Thanks, color matching headlight #1 on my wish list at the moment.

I tried to get a shop to paint them form me and got rejected, I was very disappointed.:redface: Depending on my luck, worst case scenario, I will pick up a set in person at Route KS's show room in Japan.

i have a question though.... are your rims NSX-R OEM or regular 2002+ wheels painted white??
Thanks, The wheels are regular OEM wheels off 2004 NSX and powder coated in white. I painted the center caps by myself and had these decals made at Modern Image. They can make just about any decal for $2.50 a piece, located behind Autowave in Huntington Beach.

the spacers on the old setup made the car a bit more unstable?
Thanks, the car was perfectly stable even at 165mph with the 35mm spacers. The problem I had was the heavy steering and sluggish steering responds with the really wide stance. The CE28N wheels were 16lbs lighter total, but unfortunately the spacers with intergraded studs weighted 12lbs.

Could be partially psychological, the steering responds with oem offset is really light and quick, it just feels nimble. In parking situations, I can only say effortless even without power steering. I guess the nsx suspension works best with stock offset?

I have the billet aluminum hub centric wheel spacers for sale if anyone is interested, I really don't recommend them, but if you have a widebody NSX and want to use existing wheel or just want a good work out, please pm me.

Pulled the trigger on the exhaust this week and received super speedy shipping from GTone USA. Thanks again Henry for benting your back for me:smile: .

Only clip from Sonny's shop for now. I took the clip immediately after installation, first two rev ups at 3k rpm, last two rev up at 5k~6k rpm. Didn't go higher because the car wasn't warmed up at the time:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JLJpjrZfgGU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JLJpjrZfgGU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The exhaust consists of 1 big canister + and sub pipings. Even next to GTLW side by side, the weight difference is hardly noticeable. Roughly 12lbs.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I have no patience and installing exhaust is really simple bolt on. I see no point of bugging Mark and Shane. I went straight to Sonny as I know almost 100% sure he will put it on for me if I just show up. I high recommend his shop for all your Lexus needs. It will save you a lot of $$ compare to what dealership charges. Sonny is the master when it comes to Lexus. He doesn't normally take NSXes, so please don't bug him:smile:
6.jpg

sounds great. You have a mint car. The quad exhaust adds a perfect touch soundwise/performance and cosmetically. Enjoy.

Jason, that is bad ass, congrat!!!

Jason your NSX is my favorite on Prime, its makes me wish I started my NSX build with a white NSX.

I was thinking about buying the same exhaust in titanium from GT-One, if I can justify the cost before the few more parts I need.

Thanks everyone

I love your car
Tom, I wish, You are just being nice and modest, see you soon :cool:

congrat!!!
Thx bro, You opened the NSX JDM quality goodies door for everyone with amazing enthusiasm:biggrin:. Your compliment means a lot to me. See you soon.

I was thinking about buying the same exhaust in titanium from GT-One, if I can justify the cost before the few more parts I need.
Chris, it is my honor. Your NSX already topped my NSX, you got more quality goodies on your NSX.

I recommend either version of the GTone F1 Superfour for you. I definitely don't think I will end up eating my own words. It will be money well spent and perhap become your favorite mod overall.

I just took the NSX out to stretch my legs a little bit on freeway at midnight. Once engine underload it rips with a high pitched baritone note starting as low as 3000rpm with a long sweet spot, the high note at 3000rpm is equivalent to my gtlw exhaust's high note near 7000+rpm. The sound from rev matching downshift is heart melting. Overall clean, seamless exhaust note between shifts, no annoying tinny sound. To me, it up my driving experience in NSX to another level.

Nice! You actually got the dual tips to fit the 02+ rear bumper. Did you have to make any adjustments? How close is it? And are your worried about burning the paint with the tips so close?

Jason, sounds like you love the exhaust. I for sure do. It now sounds as good as it looks IMO. Feels like I own a new, EXOTIC car.

-Jose

Nice! You actually got the dual tips to fit the 02+ rear bumper. Did you have to make any adjustments? How close is it? And are your worried about burning the paint with the tips so close?
Unfortunately I did not made any adjustments. I wish I did, got carried away. It fits with zero modifications, seems like it was designed for 02+ rear valence. But there is a "but". We did not adjust anything before tightening the bolts (maybe should had made some adjustments before tightening the bolts, I assume there are a few mm of play). I am betting that there is got to be at least another 1~3mm of play and adjustment. I am kinda picky:tongue:

Once the old exhaust came off, took no more than 5~10 minutes to bolt it on with me and Sonny. Removing the previous exhaust took significantly more time.

I am not too concerned about the heat. There are enough clearance between exhaust tips and valence. Additional insurance is cut and double tape some high temperature heat wraps underneath the valence or on the back of tips where not visible. At the moment I see that as unnecessary.

Just curious, can you use the Apexi setup with the Cantrell ACIS? Also, does it use your stock airbox? Id like the set up but with the Comptech CF top lid, anyone have this?
Sorry for the super late responds, I missed your question. Hope it is not too late. It was set up with the cantrell AIC and stock air box. I don't recommend this set up, the intake and air box is now sitting in garage collecting dust.

Nice exhaust Jason. Beautiful car like always.
I hope to drive my car down there this year to see you guys...:) But the drive is so long that I almost forget about it...:(
Thx Dan, I am looking forward to see your NSX, group photoshoot would be awesome. Maybe I will ride with Vance and drive up to Seattle to visit you.:cool:

Steve, been a while, looking forward to see you and your nsx soon.

Jason, hi. Called modern image yesterday to place and order for the red "H" sticker for the 02 nsx-r center caps. Spoke with Tio. Is there an order number that you have or code number so he can see the order that you placed, so I can order the exact sticker? Thanks, Frank

Welcome to the 5.1 club! I love mine, and consider it one of my favorite mods, just behind my CTSC.

Now, take the cats off and slap on test pipes, and really hear what the 5.1 sounds like :cool:

Also is the weight of you stock 02 wheels? Are you still running Toyo T1-Rs on them? Or did you switch to a different tire?

Nathan

"2791lbs with 1/4tank of fuel. Full interior, oem battery, pager alarm, tools"

and a CTSC! what is your ideal weight? plan on any other reductions?

Back