• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PROSPEED NSX Cold Air Intake System

Brian... my man... Senna drove a twin turbo 1200 hp F1 car.. Richard Hamilton drives an 800 hp McLaren. F1 cars today are faster than they were then. Why a 25% drop in power - the understanding of high and low pressure - aerodynamics, blown diffuser, f-duct, canards, louvers.. not more cylinders or a third head... ect ect ect.

Who's Richard Hamilton?

Who's Richard Hamilton?

one of them was an artist...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hamilton_(artist)

the other played basketball.... nickname was rip

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hamilton_(basketball)

and i still dont have time to proof read... i kinda thought is was funny though.. im going to use the wrong rfirst name of everyone I post about

thanks for catching that... my new unsearchable information tactic... like deleteing the entire post in the for sale section -and replacing the value foot print in time with

..........sold..........

Another negative aspect to the community has been born

I hope thomas james, dwayne waddel and the orlando heat win tonight.. gonna be something

Hey Ross (or should I say "Bob" :wink:),

Always enjoy your posts. Spot on with deleting the contents of a for sale post, and replacing the asking price with "sold". Why, oh why, do people do that!?!

Okay, sorry for the brief derailing of this thread. Back to the CAI system . . .

one of them was an artist...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hamilton_(artist)

the other played basketball.... nickname was rip

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hamilton_(basketball)

and i still dont have time to proof read... i kinda thought is was funny though.. im going to use the wrong rfirst name of everyone I post about

thanks for catching that... my new unsearchable information tactic... like deleteing the entire post in the for sale section -and replacing the value foot print in time with

..........sold..........

Another negative aspect to the community has been born

I hope thomas james, dwayne waddel and the orlando heat win tonight.. gonna be something

Any updates on final aesthetics? Dyno testing with fender liner in place?

Here is a ceramic coated version on a white NSX. He also has the fender liner installed as well.

ceramiccoatedintake.jpg

Any chance you dyno'd that car before and can give us an after run?

Anyone post their experience with performance and sound?
Any whistling with air draw either at idle or throttle?

Thanks

Anything new on these? Anyone with a supercharger test one? I have very high IAT's on my high boost set up,looking for a good intake that is not a bottleneck.

When will the sale start.

Is there a separate thread? Or just pm?

Was there any numbers w/ fenderliner on?

Any customers here w/ their own pics and their own reviews? Videos? :p

Brian... my man... Senna drove a twin turbo 1200 hp F1 car.. Richard Hamilton drives an 800 hp McLaren. F1 cars today are faster than they were then. Why a 25% drop in power - the understanding of high and low pressure - aerodynamics, blown diffuser, f-duct, canards, louvers.. not more cylinders or a third head... ect ect ect.

Now... The reason your intake has done better than others is the brilliant outside of the box thinking. Even on a dyno pressure is formed before and after the centerline of the hub. Low pressure did that…

Ram air has been mentioned.. this is a high pressure system.. a low pressure system = vacuum… which one do you think is better 

Your goal was to make more power.. why did the goal change to “beat stock airbox”… why is everyone so mad that Hondas design was perfect.

******News flash***** most mid and rear engine cars have close to perfect air boxes – superior car manufactures typical build them… build them for performance reasons… and it easy to pull air from outside the engine bay

You figured something out… now understand why… people asked you = why are rdx injectors making power – you said spray pattern… well why did this location make power = low pressure

Alexander graham bell invented the telephone.. I rock an iphone.. thanks Al….. AND EVERY PERSON AFTER HIM THAT SAID IT COULD BE BETTER

The fender liner comment was in regards to what people will want and that rocks damaging parts.

And Before you can call this a "game changer" to the oem airbox.. you gonna have to put a fender liner in run a dyno... IMO... in this application... it’s like the difference between having sex or sex with a condom... two completely different applications... two different experiences... two completely different results.

Cover that filter in plastic… the pressure goes away 

This is motivating not bashing.. I said what I feel you needed to hear… ill stay away from posting again

Regards

Brian, I've been doing my research on aftermarket parts to get for my car, and yours are at the top of my list. I was excited when I read this thread as there was indisputable proof with a dyno run of the gains that your CAI makes. After reading the posts from STMPORaceProducts he made a valid point about when you put the fender liner back in place, do you loose the gains you made on that dyno run when the fender liner was taken off? Referencing this quote "Cover that filter in plastic... the pressure goes away" (I don't know why the bold won't uncheck itself??:confused:sorry) Anyway I didn't see your response to him and a couple others that asked you if you had updated dyno results with the fender liner in place. Thanks because at this point I'm looking at the RDX injector upgrade and possibly this CAI?

We will have some dyno results posted up with and without the fender liner. The filter gets positive airflow from the fender duct and most importantly the filter is away from the engine bay which allows cooler intake temps and ultimately helps produce more horsepower. Stay tuned guys!

Brian, I've been doing my research on aftermarket parts to get for my car, and yours are at the top of my list. I was excited when I read this thread as there was indisputable proof with a dyno run of the gains that your CAI makes. After reading the posts from STMPORaceProducts he made a valid point about when you put the fender liner back in place, do you loose the gains you made on that dyno run when the fender liner was taken off? Referencing this quote "Cover that filter in plastic... the pressure goes away" (I don't know why the bold won't uncheck itself??:confused:sorry) Anyway I didn't see your response to him and a couple others that asked you if you had updated dyno results with the fender liner in place. Thanks because at this point I'm looking at the RDX injector upgrade and possibly this CAI?

Back