• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit

Question for Prospeed: any data on high-altitude applications? Would this mod require a custom tune up here in the Rockies? My house is at 6,000 ft and my track is at about 5,000. Specifically, I am curious if the OEM injectors are maxing out up here like they are at sea level in California. Since the air is about 15% thinner up here, you need less gas to achieve stoich. So, wouldn't it stand to reason that cars up here run richer than at sea level? I have no idea how the ECU treats this, so I'm curious if the kit would make much of a difference up here.
Have you been able to log your AFRs? I believe the OEM ECU's long term fuel trims will have enough of a correction factor to accommodate for long term high altitude conditions. Though the point of this thread is that the OEM ECU might not have the most optimal parameters it's trying to correct too (i.e. too lean in it's "happy/stoic state").

Sorry bud it's been hectic these past weeks filling orders. No time for 3.0 yet... Hopefully soon. The 3.2 tune when it's done with be different and not recommended for the OBD-2 3.0. I will update everyone as soon as it is out :)

Interesting...

Mine is a 3.0 OBD2

Are you planning on doing a chip for us guys?

I thought the only option was standalone, please explain ;)

Actually also to add to my previous post.

Curious to know if you have done any testing on the ID725 injectors yet?

Interesting...

Mine is a 3.0 OBD2

Are you planning on doing a chip for us guys?

I thought the only option was standalone, please explain ;)

We currently only support 91-94 NSX OBD-1 ECU's. The 95 and up will require either an AEM EMS for OBD II or AEM FIC with harness adapter.

Actually also to add to my previous post.

Curious to know if you have done any testing on the ID725 injectors yet?

Not yet. Possibly in the near future. Currently we are happy with the RDX injectors and at the price point it can't be beat.

We currently only support 91-94 NSX OBD-1 ECU's. The 95 and up will require either an AEM EMS for OBD II or AEM FIC with harness adapter.

FIC only works in FI applications, right? So 95+ NA will require the AEM EMS?

What changes to MPG have been seen with these injectors?

Also since I'm OBD2, will the FIC allow for safe pass for smog? I don't want it to be a PITA to have to take all that stuff off to pass smog. Thx!

Also whats the impact of not having ignition advance on the FIC?

Last edited:
What changes to MPG have been seen with these injectors?

Also since I'm OBD2, will the FIC allow for safe pass for smog? I don't want it to be a PITA to have to take all that stuff off to pass smog. Thx!

Also whats the impact of not having ignition advance on the FIC?

I've been getting feedback from customers and most say they they get about the same MPG or slightly better after driving it normally.

The FIC technically should allow you to pass emissions as long as it is tuned properly. It still allows you to use your stock ecu and OBD2 access port. The impact of not having ignition advance is slightly less hp. that's about it. If you're only doing bolt on's it really doesn't need too aggressive ignition timing.

A mod that improves gas mileage and adds horsepower? I'm there!!

FIC will pass smog and retain the stock ODB2 port whereas I assume AEM EMS doesn't?

A mod that improves gas mileage and adds horsepower? I'm there!!

FIC will pass smog and retain the stock ODB2 port whereas I assume AEM EMS doesn't?

That's correct... the AEM EMS is a complete standalone and it doesn't communicate with the OBD-2 port or have the emissions provisions that the OEM ecu does.

I got mine installed last week. Initial impression, there is added torque in the low/mid range for sure. How much? Not sure..need to put it on a dyno. As for MPG, I'll put a few more miles on it before posting.

Also, for those who are doing this as a DIY, here are a few tips. I used this guide to remove the old injectors: http://www.danoland.com/nsxgarage/injector/injector.htm

When installing the new injectors:

1) break off the plastic notch at the top of the injector so that the hat fits all the way down the injector.

2) as Brian mentioned, use just the rubber washer at the bottom of the injector, not phenolic and rubber together.

3) when tightening the 2 nuts holding down each fuel rail, do not over tighten.

4) 6 prong resister plug goes in passenger side plug near the rear wheel.

Also, for those who are doing this as a DIY, here are a few tips. I used this guide to remove the old injectors: http://www.danoland.com/nsxgarage/injector/injector.htm

When installing the new injectors:

1) break off the plastic notch at the top of the injector so that the hat fits all the way down the injector.

2) as Brian mentioned, use just the rubber washer at the bottom of the injector, not phenolic and rubber together.

3) when tightening the 2 nuts holding down each fuel rail, do not over tighten.

4) 6 prong resister plug goes in passenger side plug near the rear wheel.

Thanks for adding to this thread! This helps. I actually put together an installation guide finally... been busy with so many projects =) The guide will be included with every kit sold. 8D

I'm installing it with my mechanic and we are both confused.

The intake manifold was lifted from the engine (my car is in a lengthy maintenance), so we can take a really close look at it.

The hard plastic spacer on the "hole" is took off, and the black rubber seal is put in there. But we have a very hard time trying to make the tip of the injector get through the "hole", as the plastic flange cannot clear it. That makes it stick out so much...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/20120617182314.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/20120617182206.jpg/

So, "1) break off the plastic notch at the top of the injector so that the hat fits all the way down the injector." does that mean the "notch" on the "blue plastic"?

And, did I do it right?

Last edited:
I sent you instructions please check you email. You have to use the rubber spacer which is #2 on the diagram. In the pics I don't see it installed. It should be on your old injectors.

I'm installing it with my mechanic and we are both confused.

The intake manifold was lifted from the engine (my car is in a lengthy maintenance), so we can take a really close look at it.

The hard plastic spacer on the "hole" is took off, and the black rubber seal is put in there. But we have a very hard time trying to make the tip of the injector get through the "hole", as the plastic flange cannot clear it. That makes it stick out so much...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/20120617182314.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/20120617182206.jpg/

So, "1) break off the plastic notch at the top of the injector so that the hat fits all the way down the injector." does that mean the "notch" on the "blue plastic"?

And, did I do it right?

I sent you instructions please check you email. You have to use the rubber spacer which is #2 on the diagram. In the pics I don't see it installed. It should be on your old injectors.

Thanks, I got the installation guide. Will you put it on your website so that anyone that has a doubt about installation can refer to it? :)

I had my injectors installed and tuned by Brian yesterday at Bisi (thanks to frumpybumps for his assistance). I noticed an increase in low end torque. My gas mileage is either the same or slightly better, need to drive more to have any conclusive result. But ultimately I got my AFR optimized/corrected, I was running a little lean, the mechanic also mentioned that when I smogged my car. Brian, great work!

Still no na2 with FIC yet? Didn't someone local volunteer a few weeks back?

sent from my crappy cell phone.

You mean OBDII with FIC? I'm thinking of doing it this summer....

I had my injectors installed and tuned by Brian yesterday at Bisi (thanks to frumpybumps for his assistance). I noticed an increase in low end torque. My gas mileage is either the same or slightly better, need to drive more to have any conclusive result. But ultimately I got my AFR optimized/corrected, I was running a little lean, the mechanic also mentioned that when I smogged my car. Brian, great work!

what other mods do you have? what cats? OEM? Prospeed? Just curious! thx!

I personaly left the phenolic spacers under my injectors and added 2 7mm flat washers to each stud under the fuel rail to keep the proper distance.

That is great! We will actually start offering washers as it is just shy of fitting perfect

Thank you for your response! Your car was really clean and nice and I enjoyed meeting you! Great taste on your mods. Thank you again.

what other mods do you have? what cats? OEM? Prospeed? Just curious! thx!
Cantrell AIS, comptech headers, prospeed HFC, GTLW exhaust. Now RDX injectors and tuned ECU. Next will be BBTB or ITB. Just try to squeeze every pony out of the X. What else should the NA do for additional HP? Btw, the car is on 120 lbs diet.

Back