• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

R.I.P Len3.8

My deepest condolences go out to all that have lost someone very special, I didn't know Len but as part of the NSX community we are all united as one and we all now keep Len, his family which is having to live this tragedy, in our thoughts and prayers. We will keep his legacy of the love of life, a car, bikes and what makes us all individuals alive. Rest in Peace Len.

- M:frown:

My deepest condolences to his Family and Friends. I did not know him personally, but I read many of his post and he will be missed by all. :frown:

Sincerely,

Timothy H.
Orlando, FL.

My he rest in peace.

Very sad and simply senseless. My heartfelt condolenses to Len's family and friends. As many here have said, I didn't know him, but he seemed like a great all-around guy... and he will be sorely missed by the NSX community.

RPM217 said:
Echo the sentiment of all who posted before, never had the pleasure of meeting or talking to the man directly, enjoyed his posts, and wish his family the strength to meet the challenges ahead without their beloved. RIP

Ditto. I hate hearing things like this. Also, thanks to Prime for the front page respects to Len.

Sincerely,

Warren

Never knew Len but it's pretty obvious from all you guys he was a pretty righteous fellow.

I ride a cruiser myself, not all that often nowadays. Just an occasional ride on a sunny weekend day.

But I've been riding for many years and it's just as true today as it ever was. As Len himself said (and as was reiterated by Hugh here), when you're on a bike, other drivers simply do NOT SEE YOU. You need to make yourself as visible as possible. And, of course, ALWAYS expect the unexpected.

Folks at work (non-riders of course) ask me how I can ride with all the traffic around. I tell them it's pretty simple really - you ride as if everybody else is TRYING to hit you !!! Defensive riding to the MAX.

RIP Len.

:frown: I did not know Len except from his post's here which were frequent and often informative. Rest in peace Len 3.8 and condolences to his family!!!
It is good to see the kind of Cohesiveness a hunk of aluminum can bring for people because of our passion for it. Life is short this is another reminder of what is important.

My condolences as well. Does the family have a memorial fund or financial needs where the NSX community can help out?

Bob Leonti, formerly with Comptech, asked me to pass along his condolences:

Please pass along my to condolences to Len's family and to those of his NSX "family". Very tragic.

Bob Leonti,
ex-Comptech sales

I too never met Len but would like to express my sorrow of the loss of one of our members. We all have a common bond of driving and love of automobiles. It's always difficult to see the passing on one of our own. I wish Len's family all the best. I'm sure he will be missed by all.

Bob

Very sad. I didn’t know you but reading all the impressive posts about you and some of your posts makes me stop and think about my life. Thank you for that Len.
Peter

Big Len is in a better place for sure. My prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends posting in his memory......

R.I.P. Len3.8

Last edited:
I didn't know Len personally either but enjoyed his posts. I'm sure he's cruising thru some 'twisties in heaven now (in a cazillion hp NSX)!!! :tongue: :smile:

My Thoughts And Prayers Go Out To His Family And His Friends

We Will All Miss You

I had not been on Prime for a few days because work has been so busy. I anxiously signed on when I got home tonight and was greeted by this post. Now I am pretty bummed out.

I never met Len personally, but we exchanged PMs about bikes, a passion shared by us both. I was jokingly upset when he sold his CBR1100XX for the BMW as I have the same bike. I was excited when he got the ZX14 because that is an amazing bike!

Personally, I stopped riding much after I got married a few years ago, because I always thought that I would leave this world due to a spectacular high speed motorcycle crash. I have been riding for over 25 years and am a prety good rider, but the addicting speed of an open class sportbike is like nothing else! I have never been into drugs, but I sure got high on speed! I bought the NSX, in part, to help keep me off the bike and hopefully live a little longer. I still think if you have to go, you may as well go doing something you love.

I know Len is in a better place now. However I truely feel for the family and friends he leaves behind. I know that they and we will have very fond memories of him. My thoughts and prayers are with him, his family and those of us who will miss him.

All the best,

Nate in DC

I remember reading about his purchase of the bike, and wanting one of my own. I think I'll reconsider.

From the posters, he seems like the kind of person one should aspire to be. It's a shame to lose such people.

i never met him but just like you guys and him, i am moved by the love and passion for NSX... my sencere condolence goes for his family... I think we should commemorate a ride for len 3.8 here in Southern Cali with the same car him and we all have passion with.... a ride for respect and passing....:frown:

im really sad to hear this that one of our prime member passed away :frown: my codolences goes to the family of LEN 3.8.... u'll be missed BRO! R.I.P LEN 3.8

Wow...just wow! I never met Len, but he told me whenever I was in STL, to give him a call and he'd take me out for a spin. Just shows what kind of stand up person he was. I'm speechless right now :frown:

My condolences to Len3.8's family....

I did not know the man, but clearly from the reaction of the NSX community, he is well thought of and he will be fondly remembered.

Perhaps his posts on NSXPrime can be collected and collated into a history of the time he shared with the NSX Community.

Regards,

Back