• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

R.I.P Len3.8

If anyone has information on Len's family they could share with me, I would appreciate it. Sadly, after being offline for a few weeks I return to find a PM from Len asking me about an MP3 player for his daughter's birthday. By chance I saw the home page before checking my PMs and was shocked to see the news.

I know it would be a very small gesture in a time of such a great loss, but it would mean a lot to me if someone could connect with with some names and addresses for his children so that I can send a few gifts their way.

Hopefully this message reaches a close friend of Len's who can assist. It is certainly the least I could do. I never met Len, and this PM from him was the only interraction that I ever had, never having a chance to respond. After reading the posts it seems that I certainly missed out on an opportunity to meet a great person.

Thank you,

jonathan

My condolences to his family and friends. Even in the far reaches on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, his passing brings great sadness. :frown:

Rest In Peace, Len.

My familys prayers are with Len3.8 family
This just sucks I didn't know him but feel a connection with everyone Prime and just hope god takes care of his family.

Like many here, I did not know Len other than from his posts on Prime. However, it seems clear that those who knew him will miss him immensely and those that didn't feel like we missed the opportunity to know someone special.
Godspeed Len.

i didn't knew him....or evem chatted with him...but boy...reading this..i feel like i know him for years...you guys made the best of the descriptions of him...

may he rest in peace....:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

I've had the pleasure of speaking to Len on NSX stuff over the past year or two, and am sorry to hear of his passing. We had a lot of common interests in cars, engineering, and motorcycles. My sorrow goes out to his family who now have to cope with a much greater loss than us.

If his family needs any further understanding of this incident, I offer my services (free of of charge, of course) as a motorcycle accident reconstructionist to answer any questions they may have, if legalities are involved. Please feel free to call 760-931-9100. Once again, my most sincere condolences to his dearest friends and family.

Eugene Vanderpol

Never met the guy !

Never talked to the guy !

Seen his post all over prime !

Looking at his pictures......you can see his pure heart !!!!!

To his family and friends: He might be gone physically from your lives....but he will live on forever watching over you...emotionally and spiritually....

He is there watching over you !!

Rest in peace...LEN

ghost said:
Looking at his pictures......you can see his pure heart !!!!!

That is for sure. Sometimes you can just look at someone, and know they are one of the best. And from reading what everyone has written, I can tell he was a class act!

I'm not sure if this is appropriate, but given how many people have mentioned prayers, I thought I'd post a hymn that is sung at many of the funerals I've attended. It's always hit home with me.

Jerusalem the Golden
By: Bernard of Cluny

Jerusalem the golden,
With milk and honey blest,
Beneath your contemplation
Sink heart and voice oppressed.
I know not, oh, I know not
What joys await us there,
What radiancy of glory,
What bliss beyond compare.

They stand, those halls of Zion,
Conjubilant with song
And bright with many and angel
And all the martyr throng.
The prince is ever in them;
The daylight is serene;
The pastures of the blessed
Are decked in glorious sheen.

There is the throne of David,
And there, from care released,
The shout of those who triumph,
The song of those who feast.
And they, who with their leader
Have conquered in the fight,
Forever and forever
Are clad in robes of white.

Oh, sweet and blessed country,
The home of God’s elect!
Oh, sweet and blessed country
That eager hearts expect!
In mercy, Jesus, bring us
To that dear land of rest!
You are, with God the Father
And spirit, ever blest.

Hymn # 309 from Lutheran Worship
Author: Alexander C. Ewing
Tune: Ewing
1st Published in: 1851

Ko-nsx said:
It is with great sadness and sorrow to inform the nsx community that Len3.8 (Len musgray) was involved in a fatal motorcycle accident this afternoon. Len was one of my closest friends and a great person in general. He introduced me to the nsx community and through him i have been very fortunate to meet the midwest crew and other great car enthusiasts' as well. Many of the members here, that knew him in their own way can all attest that he was a devoted family man and a true friend with a big heart. Let us take the time to remember to enjoy your friends and family, and live life to the fullest because tomorrow is truly not promised. Peace and blessing to his family. Len you will be greatly missed.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...nDocument&highlight=2,"leonard"+AND+"musgray"

I didn't know Len at all but i can tell he was a standup guy. I really hate SUV's now it sucks this had to happen to a guy like him.

REst In Peace

Be Ez....

I thought the NSX community would like to know that Len had a WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL funeral today. It was packed (standing room only) with family and friends. There were several of us NSX people, the Porsche gang, and several of his biker buddies there. For being a very sad situation, there was a lot of humor and great feelings. Most of all the amount of love for Len was incredible:biggrin:. I know Len will be missed, but you have to know he is up there looking down and saying "thanks guys, I'm alright now. I've crossed the ultimate finish line".
Lawrence

Last edited:
The service for Leonard was extraordinary. The small funeral home was overwhelmed with a crowd the likes of which I doubt they have ever seen before or will again. The family commented often on not only the numbers, but the mix of people who attended. More than one family member said that they had no idea how many lives Len had touched, and there was truly deep appreciation for the turnout, the flowers and the flood of cards, calls and email. A large poster on the back wall thanked the NSX Prime community for their support and condolences.

The service itself was a mix of emotions, from sorrow to humor, and it was clear that Len came from a family as strong and loving as he was. They talked about his love of family of course, but also his love of cars and bikes. There was no sense bitterness that they were in some way part of his death. Much of the humor was about his hobbies and him being a perfectionist where they were concerned. I can only imagine what Len would have said if he had been able to see me. It seems that I somehow managed to grab slacks from one suit and the jacket from another. :redface: I didn’t even notice until I was leaving, but it gave me something to think about on the quiet drive home.

I’ll miss Len very much.

96 NSX-T and SJS, Thank you very much for the information on the funeral, it's comforting to know his family knows how much Len was involved in so many peoples life. He will be missed by all, RIP

We knew Len over on the Rennlist Porsche 928 Forum. Len is missed. We need to stop losing our brothers like this, but Len went doing what he loved best. May God bless Len and his family.
Heinrich

Its always sad to hear of one who has passed regardless whether you know the person or not. Sincerely send my deepest condolences to the family and friends. Hope your newly found rest place is indeed far better than the present day life.

I am sorry to hear this terrible news. My deepest sympathy to his family and friends. I didn't know Len, but after reading this thread, I wish I would have had the opportunity. It sounds like he had a lot of passion for everything he did.

I lost a very good friend and co-worker on Nov 5,2005 due to a fatal motorcycle accident. He shared an office with me, and I am still miss having him around. It takes a long time to grieve. The main thing I learned from this experience is to really treasure every day like it is your last. Spend as much time with your loved ones and when you cant be there let them know you care.

My sincerest condolences.
Dennis

Hello everyone. Im not a REAL member of NSX prime, but I wanted to leave a message in regards to my Uncle Lenny. He wasnt just any Uncle to me, he was my favorite Uncle! For those of you that didnt get a chance to meet him personally, he was a great guy, fun to be around, and always full of great advice, and I could go on and on... It seems like yesterday that he was just up here in San Antonio, visiting after my son was born. Those memories along with many others will be cherished forever. For those that didnt get to attend, Uncle Lenny's funeral service was very beautiful and attended by family and MANY friends, co-workers, former teachers, car club members and etc. He was loved and will be missed dearly...

To the person who started this thread, thanks so much for the love and support from you and everyone else! Our family appreciates it very much.

Miss you much Uncle Lenny! Love your niece..

yekpewa21 said:
Hello everyone. Im not a REAL member of NSX prime, but I wanted to leave a message in regards to my Uncle Lenny. He wasnt just any Uncle to me, he was my favorite Uncle! For those of you that didnt get a chance to meet him personally, he was a great guy, fun to be around, and always full of great advice, and I could go on and on... It seems like yesterday that he was just up here in San Antonio, visiting after my son was born. Those memories along with many others will be cherished forever. For those that didnt get to attend, Uncle Lenny's funeral service was very beautiful and attended by family and MANY friends, co-workers, former teachers, car club members and etc. He was loved and will be missed dearly...

To the person who started this thread, thanks so much for the love and support from you and everyone else! Our family appreciates it very much.

Miss you much Uncle Lenny! Love your niece..

Very kind of you to come on here and express your emotions and giving a little more insight to him.
I'm one of those that never met him in person but did chat a few times at night on here and had a PM or two exchange. What a special person.
I hope my card made it to viewing and that the donations your family has or will get from those of us on Prime will be put to a good use. I'm sure it will be.
So sorry again for your loss.

Back